Housing market bubble about to burst....

piddie

Aug 28, 2001, 1:05:19 PM8/28/01

Stockss14177861

Aug 28, 2001, 8:00:45 PM8/28/01
good post...... maybe if housing drops 30% i can buy me one !

ca

Aug 28, 2001, 8:10:58 PM8/28/01
So he proposes raising rates to stop people from getting mortgages so
the housing market can implode. Great logic, its the same f**king logic
Greenspan used to destroy the stock market. Interest rates should be
used simply to regulate inflation and the money supply, not to burst or
alter portions of the economy that Greenspan feels are "bad". Haven't
we learned our lesson already from this stuff? I don't care what people
want to do or buy with their money. If they want to put money into
their home purchases, in lieu of other spending, that's OK with me. If
housing prices rise, or fall, on their own merits, let them. Let's
stopping screwing with the markets by moving interest rates up and down
violently...

Stockss14177861

Aug 28, 2001, 11:54:56 PM8/28/01
I agree let the housing drop , so we dont have to pay employees 70K a year to
live in a rented apt or small shack/trailor.

rgs50

Aug 29, 2001, 10:52:22 AM8/29/01
Thankyou for putting this up. I wish my Internet skills were as good as
yours. On the subject of housing bubbles the Business Week commentator says
that the Fed should cut rates one more time and he thinks this will prevent
the housing bubble from bursting. Well, if you want a housing crash stop
cutting rates by cutting at just one more time ( something like 25 basis
points ). Do think we have a housing bubble that is going to crash- YES , I
am afraid. The housing situation will not crash IF we have a " V " shaped
recovery OR more interest rate cuts to the tine of 75 basis points at
least..

Robert G Smith

piddie <eilk...@ldjf.net> wrote in message

http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/list/point01.htm?/mediacenter/ram/po

Warrior (:- |

Aug 29, 2001, 11:08:01 AM8/29/01
You guys really ought to do some studying.
There are more people than housing; the population keeps increasing, as well
as immigration. There is no real estate bubble. There are all kinds of
deals to help people buy real estate; there is a shortage of apts.
everywhere. Robert, you should know about Florida. Do some reading, man.
Go over this weeks Barron's, not for the opinions, but for the provable
statistics. There won't be a burst; if there is a decline in prices in
certain areas, there are still increases in other areas; especially Florida.
And overall, no burst, maybe a decline in prices, but still a demand. It's
not like the overvaluation situation with stocks.

"rgs50" <rg...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

millstox

Aug 29, 2001, 11:30:25 AM8/29/01
"Warrior \(:- |" <nl...@ragingbull.com> wrote:

>You guys really ought to do some studying.
>There are more people than housing; the population keeps increasing, as well
>as immigration. There is no real estate bubble. There are all kinds of
>deals to help people buy real estate; there is a shortage of apts.
>everywhere. Robert, you should know about Florida. Do some reading, man.
>Go over this weeks Barron's, not for the opinions, but for the provable
>statistics. There won't be a burst; if there is a decline in prices in
>certain areas, there are still increases in other areas; especially Florida.
>And overall, no burst, maybe a decline in prices, but still a demand. It's
>not like the overvaluation situation with stocks.

I read that real estate price solidity is currently being held up by
limitations in supply.

The areas that are softening are the areas where the job market is
getting hit the hardest. The softening is coming from the top down,
highest priced houses are moving the least.

Just what I read and heard; it's always location location location.

Warrior (:- |

Aug 29, 2001, 7:14:58 PM8/29/01
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/010829/business_economy_housing_bubble_dc.html