Real Time Etrade Quote API

bitcode

May 1, 2004, 7:24:21 PM5/1/04
I am looking to build a VB API to leverage an etrade or ameritrade
accounts' ability to receive streaming quotes. The packets are SSL so
no use sniffing them to get a feel for the transaction process.
Except for to see the ip and that there is one that's cryptoed. A
company MedVed created a program called QuoteTracker that has the
ability to retreive streaming information from many of the online
brokerage firms. Does anyone have any idea how they did this?

Eddie

The Michael

May 1, 2004, 7:58:28 PM5/1/04

Maybe he'll clue you in as he lurks here.
--
Mike

Michael Medved

May 1, 2004, 10:28:01 PM5/1/04

I would not be able to tell you what their API is, since E*Trade will
not appreciate me disseminating this information, but I can give you
a general hint: any Java program running in a browser makes its source
available to everyone - although it may be obfuscated.

piddie2

May 1, 2004, 10:57:13 PM5/1/04
Michael Medved wrote:

Oh come on, why not share your Delphi code with the wurld?
I hear there is a free Linux version of a similar program
in the wurks. I wunder if it will be any good.

Michael Medved

May 1, 2004, 11:21:37 PM5/1/04
piddie2 <darkc...@area992.net> wrote:
> Oh come on, why not share your Delphi code with the wurld?
> I hear there is a free Linux version of a similar program
> in the wurks. I wunder if it will be any good.

the guy tried to do it the Open Source way. Failed.

http://linuxtrade.rkkda.com/

It is available with registration required.

bartonmj21

May 2, 2004, 10:26:02 AM5/2/04
Michael Medved <med...@nautilus.shore.net> wrote in message news:<5PZkc.45458$Ud....@nntp-post.primus.ca>...

Piddy, ask Michael if Jerry Medved will give you the Delphi code?

Shawn Hearn

May 2, 2004, 12:34:32 PM5/2/04
In article <2274d0b2.04050...@posting.google.com>,
ed_a...@hotmail.com (bitcode) wrote:

Anyone who has that information would risk getting into a lot
of trouble with eTrade's legal council if they made that info
public. The API that eTrade uses is about to be high proprietary
information.