Fdates - The proof of the pudding...

TOM LASCO

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

OK Everyone, Listen up!

I've been listening to the banter about the pros and cons of Fdate's for
about 6 months now. In the beginning, I was curious about what everyone
had to say and I just listened. In the meantime, whenever Rick posted a
"freebie" Fdate, if it happened to be in the SnP futures, I would check
it out in a paper trade mode. After a couple of good calls, I decided
to put some money on it. Guess what? They were profitable trades. I'm
sure that I didn't catch every SnP freebie Fdate that Rick posted but
whenever I saw one, if it was an SnP Fdate, I used it and made money
every time. The reason I stayed with the SnP is because it was the only
futures contract that I was familiar with (of the ones Rick provided).

I was very tempted to subscribe to Rick's Fdate Operation but I was
spooked by some whom I consider to be more knowledgeable than I in these
matters and whose opinions I read in these pages. As I listened to
people give very cogent arguments about the negatives of Fdates, I
decided that, if those more experienced than I were so skeptical, it
might not be for "little ole me". Interestingly, while I felt Fdates
would be beyond the scope of my experience level (based on what I read in
this forum), at the same time, whenever Rick posted a freebie SnP Fdate,
I jumped on it like a "chicken on a June bug" and was always quite happy
with my profits.

"THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK"

Now, the straw that broke that negative camel's back (you see, I live in
Saudi Arabia), was about the 3rd week in March. Rick posted a freebie to
the effect that over the 2 day period covering Fri 3 Apr and Mon 6 Apr,
the SnP was going to change its trend. Up or down? He said you would
know come Thurs 2 Apr. Sure enough, as Thurs 2 April came around, the
SnP was trucking right up the hill and then on into Mon morning it kept
climbing with a vengeance. That negative camel almost choked as he
watched while the chicken made its move on that SnP June bug. If you
will recall, the SnP got up around 1135 and turned around and started on
down - all the way to around 1105 (after 3 days as I recall). Now you
could have waited a day or 2 to see if the Fdate was playing out like
Rick said it would before going short, and still made money on that
freebie Fdate.

Folks, I had seen enough. This week, I joined up with the Fdate crowd. I
decided that if I was making money just on the freebie Fdates and not
knowing anything else about the system, if the rest of what Rick's
system has to offer is too difficult, obscure, vague or whatever else
you can come up with, I'll ignore it and do what I've been doing with
the freebies, only a lot more often. As it turns out, what goes along
with the Fdates is not rocket science and if someone can't figure it out
with what's provided and Rick's personal guidance (if needed), then that
person probably should not be trading any system. It just ain't that
hard. If you do any kind of trading and you can read, my bet is that you
can figure out Fdates. It should be noted, on the other hand, that
successful trading is not a trivial exercise and not everyone who is
trading should be trading. Those who should not be in the trading
business should not be disappointed when they find out that a winning
system for trading, turns out to be non-trivial. Some, it would seem,
expect winning systems to be boiled down to a trivial exercise and are
disappointed when that doesn't happen.

The one thing I am having trouble figuring out is why are some on the
outside who don't really know what Fdates are all about, so skeptical
and negative. As they say,

"THE PROOF OF THE PUDDING IS IN THE EATING THEREOF"

It seems to me that all those who throw rocks, pebbles and smurf balls
at the Fdate trading system are akin to those who would stick their
noses up at the pudding without ever having tasted it. And then go on to
offer a gourmet's critique of how bad the pudding tastes.

"FIRST YOU HAVE TO WANT TO"

also applies. Anyone could join up with Fdates and then intentionally
fail if he so desired, to show the system didn't work. I'm surprised
someone hasn't done this since there seems to be no shortage of those who
don't want Fdates to be a viable trading system (and would have others
share this sentiment, if possible). I can't figure out the motivation of
those who are so against it when they don't have adequate knowledge to
make a reliable evaluation. One has to at least consider jealousy or some
other irrational emotional reaction, in order to explain the often
strong negative feedback regarding Fdates.

Folks, I wasn't paid to write this. What is my motivation? Only one: to
attempt to give credit where credit is due. That is something that
happens far too seldom in this world. It really rankles some when others
who work hard finally achieve success which is their due and has come
only after having invested much time and effort. The reason more people
don't come to the rescue of the Fdate system is probably because those
who use it, would rather keep their winning edge to themselves. I decided
to write give due credit and because I recognize irrational and specious
arguments when I see them. It's time to get in, get out, or get run over.
Put up or shut up. If you haven't used the system, you really don't have
anything to say. Or if you do have anything to say, why should anyone
listen? I listened for 6 months, and during that time I couldn't wait
for the next freebie Fdate. I was that certain it would be a winner. I
can honestly say, I was never misled by any Fdate nor were any that I
used losers. There were times when out of all the advice and
recommendations of which I availed myself (through the various services,
newsletters, etc), Rick was the only one who called the SnP correctly
Just think, during that time I only had access to an occasional freebie
Fdate when I could have been getting them on a weekly basis. If any of
you are like me and sincerely want to know the truth, try out a few
freebie Fdates. If they work for you, it's not an accident, you need to
join up. Don't cheat yourself out of a good thing. I admit, I'm only one
person and that doesn't prove anything conclusively. That's why I say,
try it out for yourself and make your own decision. Don't be dissuaded by
the uninformed.

Perhaps some of the critics and skeptics in this forum are not traders
after all. If they were, it seems they would be interested in making
winning trades. Their next step then, logically, would be to take
some of Rick's freebie Fdates and try them out for themselves (as I did).
If they did this, it would not surprise me if all of these discussions
would simply come to an end. Everyone would be happy with their winning
trades, and possibly even writing into this forum to tell others about a
great system.

Will I look back 6 months from now and say that Fdates is the greatest
system going? I don't know. But whatever I say, if anything, will have
credibility, because I will have been there and I will have tasted the
pudding.

Respectfully,

Tom Lasco of Arabia

---
* OLXWin 1.00a *
* Cam-GOLD v2.02: * SCITY ORG * E.E.C. * Send no attachments please

Rick James

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

Nice post Tom. But the negative nuts will not listen to you because you
must be some kinda Fdate ditto head.
Nice post Tom.
---
Ricky James

RJ Ratchford

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

Wow!

I've had several members in the past write here on the newsgroup expressing
their satisfaction with Fdates and the membership (thank you all!), but I've
never seen one written like this.

Thank you Tom!

It also confirms my suspicions that many here on the newsgroups do pay some
heed to all the negative talk about Fdates by those who represent themselves
as knowledgeable traders. As Tom puts it quite nicely, they 'thumb their
nose at the pudding for which they have never tasted.'

Tom went out of his way to write this post, and I am very appreciative of
his efforts. As with my other members, I'll do my best to continue to
provide him and the others with those SnP Fdates so he can continue to
profit from them. Maybe I'll get to read another post like this one. <g>

It should be noted that Tom just came aboard with us this week. Nothing was
said that the rules were difficult to understand as was alluded to here from
a previous post. It should be obvious by some of the recent reply posts on
Fdate rules that Arthur (who originally stated the rules were vague and
difficult to understand) likely had a lot on his mind or already had certain
expectations that were not met.

The rules are simple. Discipline in following them is difficult. Even on the
Fdates list I posted that a particular market did not have a trade setup
based on the rules, and yet a member or two posted that they were going to
trade it anyway. Win or lose, that is irrelevant. What is relevant is that
we are the ones that can sabotage our own trading, not the Fdate rules or
anything else...just us. I've sabotage many of my own trades by doing the
same thing. Was easy to see afterwards that if I had stuck to my own
pre-printed and supplied rules on those occasions that they would have done
well. For the sake of the members, I've decided to no longer do this myself
except when I'm working on my research (which is ongoing and requires I take
chances to develop future concepts, thus I have to pay the piper for this.)

Some comment negatively about my posting here about Fdates and my trades,
etc. Wonder why I respond to some of the negative posts. For the same reason
Tom brought out, that some here actually hesistate to investigate for
themselves due to some of this negative talk. I merely am trying to set the
record straight and may get a little zealous in doing so. I have a real
passion for this business and for this membership. Some wonder if I ever
sleep.

Tom did what several other members who came aboard from this newsgroup has
done. They finally decided to do their own investigation on the merits of
the Fdates membership (full-term). Not all, but the majority have continued
on.

Thanks again to Tom and all the other members who have taken the time to
post here on the merits of Fdates. I truly appreciate it.

cheers!
:)
rick

Trade With Precision - Fdates and TTC : http://FSoftPublishing.com
Comments made here are not recommendations to buy or sell anything.
These are my opinions only. Do not be mislead, there is risk of loss in
trading. Futures and options trading is inherently risky and should only
be undertaken by individuals with adequate risk capital.

RJ Ratchford

Apr 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/16/98

On the note of the SnP 500, our Fdate today was followed by a drop of about
1200. Because this swing top is lower that the last Fdate swing top of 4/6,
and that we had hit 62% resistance on this Fdate pivot top, the rules
stipulate that we have a short setup here. This apparently reacted well
today to this expectation.

:)
rick

Trade With Precision - Fdates and TTC : http://FSoftPublishing.com
Comments made here are not recommendations to buy or sell anything.
These are my opinions only. Do not be mislead, there is risk of loss in
trading. Futures and options trading is inherently risky and should only
be undertaken by individuals with adequate risk capital.

RJ Ratchford

Apr 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/19/98

Paul,

You don't know about Fdates? As long as you've been posting to this
newsgroup? Did you miss this recent post as well?

Information is at my website listed here.

:)
rick

Trade With Precision - Fdates and TTC : http://FSoftPublishing.com
Comments made here are not recommendations to buy or sell anything.
These are my opinions only. Do not be mislead, there is risk of loss in
trading. Futures and options trading is inherently risky and should only
be undertaken by individuals with adequate risk capital.

Paul Cote

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98
to RJ Ratchford

OK, I read the website. What is the basic idea behind FDates? I know
that you coded it into a computer program and it is related somehow to
the calculalotor. Was it a discovery? Is it some magic formula? And, is
the calculator theory the same as the fdate?

RJ Ratchford

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Paul Cote wrote in message <353B12AC...@home.com>...

>OK, I read the website. What is the basic idea behind FDates? I know
>that you coded it into a computer program and it is related somehow to
>the calculalotor. Was it a discovery? Is it some magic formula? And, is
>the calculator theory the same as the fdate?

I have posted the answer to this question at the website today. Go to the
Fdates page, select Question and Answers. Your question is there and also my
answer.