Inaccurate answer on I-94W (attorneys wanted)

olwa...@netcourrier.com

Jan 26, 2007, 5:24:32 PM1/26/07
Hello,

I have somebody on another forum (in french language) who answered two
"no" (two different entries both in 2006) to the question "have you
ever been denied a visa" on the visa waiver form I-94W.

She has been denied a visa B in 1997 and now would like to apply for a
visa J-1. How can it be done?

I realize it is complicated, but I don't know how to go about it.

olwa...@netcourrier.com

Jan 26, 2007, 7:04:53 PM1/26/07
The way I see it. She would have to either prove that she didn't
willingly lie (how the *** do you prove that???) or she would need a
waiver.

[I also believe that the lie was material, since she got admitted under
the VWP - and wasn't eligible to it]

It is my understanding (feel free to tell me if I'm wrong) that she
would use form I-601 to request that waiver.

The question we wonder now is what would she have to prove [That her
admission into the US would harm the US people??? That a US citizen
would face extreme hardship if she's not admitted ???]

On Jan 26, 5:24 pm, "olwag...@netcourrier.com"

olwa...@netcourrier.com

Jan 26, 2007, 7:07:43 PM1/26/07
Thanks a lot in advance on her behalf

{ if you don't believ that it's not for me and you speak french, check
http://www.voilanewyork.com/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=5349 } ;)

On Jan 26, 7:04 pm, "olwag...@netcourrier.com"

> > I realize it is complicated, but I don't know how to go about it.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

olwa...@netcourrier.com

Jan 26, 2007, 7:50:41 PM1/26/07
Nota: She has a one year boyfriend (she used the VWP to visit him).

Would she have to prove that not letting her come to the US would cause
him extreme hardship??

Would that in turn hurt her ability to convince the consulate of her
non-immigrant intent ??