Ampetamine Use Up Among Women

Steve

Jun 10, 2002, 7:02:36 AM6/10/02
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=534&e=3&cid=534&u=/ap/20020610/ap_on_he_me/meth_women_1

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - To outsiders, Debra Breuklander appeared to
be a tireless single mother of three. She had an immaculate home in a
middle-class suburb, perfect credit and was a homeroom mom at her
children's schools.

Photos

AP Photo
She also was taking methamphetamine and selling the drug to make ends
meet.

"I thought I was 'Super Mom' and I was doing everything right," said
Breuklander, 43, now serving a 35-year prison sentence. "In actuality,
my thinking was so twisted. I was doing everything wrong."

Breuklander is among a growing number of women who have abused meth, a
highly addictive stimulant that produces a euphoria similar to
cocaine, but lasts longer and is made from common household
ingredients.

Experts and users say meth appeals to women because it's relatively
inexpensive and easy to obtain, and it gives them energy to take care
of their children or feel more efficient in everything they do.

"There's no comparable drug that we've ever seen as long as I've been
in substance abuse that appeals to women as much as meth does," said
B.J. VanRoosendaal, spokeswoman for the Utah State Division of
Substance Abuse.

Nationally, women made up 47 percent of patients in substance abuse
treatment centers who identified meth as their primary drug of use in
1999, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human
Services ( news - web sites).

In Iowa, 43 percent of women entering prison in the first quarter of
fiscal 2002 said meth was their drug of choice, compared with 29
percent of men. In fiscal 2000, it was 25 percent of women and 19
percent of men.

More than 40 percent of women arrested in the counties surrounding
Honolulu and San Jose, Calif., in 2000 tested positive for meth use, a
National Institute of Justice program found, and the figure was more
than 20 percent in several other areas studied.

Miranda Charbonneau, like Breuklander an inmate at Iowa Correctional
Institution in Mitchellville, said she turned to meth after previously
using marijuana. It soon became an obsession for the then 16-year-old
who had left school and was working.

Every day, the focus was, "where I could get it, who I could get it
from, how much was it going to cost me ... and what was I going to
have to give up to get it," said Charbonneau, 23, who is serving 10
years for child endangerment.

"I gave up personal items with sentimental value. I sold a lot of my
belongings ... I lost my car, I almost lost my job. I ended up losing
part of my relationships with my family," she said. "I began to steal
to find ways of getting methamphetamine."

Breuklander, a former nurse who was on disability for a degenerative
back disease, said her relationship with meth began with financial
troubles. Her boyfriend at the time was selling meth and she joined
in, selling it to a group of friends.

"It all looked glamorous and wonderful and there was such a demand for
it," she said.

"I think for a lot of women, especially single mothers, it gives you
the energy that you think you need to keep the house, the kids, the
yard, the cars, the groceries, the laundry, everything going," she
said. "At least, that's how it took me over."

Sheigla Murphy, director of the Center for Substance Abuse Studies at
The Institute for Scientific Analysis in San Francisco, said she
started seeing women fitting Breuklander's profile in the early 1990s.

"There seemed to be a little proliferation when people started to
realize that cocaine was trouble and that's when we started seeing
more middle-class women drinking 'biker coffee,'" Murphy said. That
drink is made by adding meth to coffee.

"A lot of women use it for performance things or weight control,"
Murphy said.

Women "get into this for a lot of what many could consider to be good
reasons," she said.

Women's meth use may initially be more concealed than that of men
because of different reactions when they take it, said Arthur Schut,
president and chief executive officer of the Mid-Eastern Council on
Chemical Abuse based in Iowa City.

Men abusing meth get police attention because they are more likely to
be involved in assaults or to drive drunk. Women are less likely to do
those things, Schut said.

Breuklander said everyone thought she was fine because she didn't look
like a drug user.

"I did not look like an addict, I did not function like an addict, but
I was an addict and that's a scary thing," Breuklander said.

Meth "can cause you to look like you're highly efficient, highly
effective in your daily living when in fact, you're going downhill
fast," she said.

Charbonneau and Breuklander have been treated at a substance abuse
program at Mitchellville and now are mentors there. Nearly 100 women
are either in the inpatient care program or in after care, which helps
prepare inmates for their return to the outside world.

Women spend their day in classes, therapy groups and live in a
communal environment — all in one room. The treatment is peer led:
they give each other push ups — congratulating each other for good
behavior — and pull ups — telling each other when they do something
wrong.

Breuklander is grateful to the program, but has regrets.

"I have three children. I have missed two of their high school
graduations. I've missed their birthdays, I've missed important things
in their life," she said. "It ruined my life."

Gerbil Face Johnson

Jun 10, 2002, 7:32:39 AM6/10/02
Drugs 12283084303291021840372189218
Prohibitionists 13

When arrested, the cow would utter only one word.
"Moo" said the cow. "Moo."

Patrick Arnold

Jun 10, 2002, 10:18:21 AM6/10/02
That is one drug which should never be legalized

--
PA
http://www.ergopharm.net

This and related e-mails contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL
information. The information contained herein is for the exclusive use
of the named addressees. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.

The opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of ErgoPharm or
LPJ Research Inc.

Gerbil Face Johnson

Jun 10, 2002, 4:04:30 PM6/10/02
>From: Patrick Arnold <parn...@ix.netcom.com>
>Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2002 10:18 EDT

>That is one drug which should never be legalized

That's right Pat---let's keep having meth labs blow up in suburbia! Makes for
great evening news footage!

Bradley Marks

Jun 10, 2002, 4:50:31 PM6/10/02

"Marcus E Engdahl" <meng...@cc.hut.fi> wrote in message
> In article <6f8cb8c9.02061...@posting.google.com>,

> Steve <steves...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >AP Photo
> >She also was taking methamphetamine and selling the drug to make ends
> >meet.
>
> >"I thought I was 'Super Mom' and I was doing everything right," said
> >Breuklander, 43, now serving a 35-year prison sentence. "In actuality,
> >my thinking was so twisted. I was doing everything wrong."
>
> 35 years?? Insane.
>
> Marcus

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR. It pisses me off, fo fuck sake all she did was sell a drug
to people that wanted it. But because some out of touch wankers decide this
is illegal she has most of the rest of her life taken away from her. All
drugs should be legal to adults. This nanny state bullshit has gone too far.
If I want to smoke crack after a hard days work, why the fuck should I not
be able to do that. As long as I pay my taxes and don't fuck other people's
shit up.

The judge that passed this sentence needs his lungs ripping out, and someone
should probably murder his wife too. Better stop before I start foaming at
the mouth.

Lester Long

Jun 10, 2002, 4:55:32 PM6/10/02

"Patrick Arnold" <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> That is one drug which should never be legalized

Why PA? Is is more highly addictive (a la Heroin)? Is it cheap (a la
Crack)?

Lester

Lyle McDonald

Jun 10, 2002, 5:31:34 PM6/10/02

Oh, he's just so cute!
I bet his mommy tells him so all the time.

Lyle

whit

Jun 10, 2002, 5:50:19 PM6/10/02

Lester Long <lo...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Look, I know a LOT about crystal meth.

Let me edumacate you.

First of all, it is HIGHLY addictive. I don't know if it is more addictive
than heroin, but it is certainly moreso than crack. Also, it is commonly
snorted, ingested, or smoked, which makes it more "appealing" to people who
would "never" stick a needle in their arm.

It IS pretty cheap. It is expensive enough to where it is expensive once
you get a habit, but it is cheaper than crack cocaine for getting started.
A $5 rock of crack will get one high for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour or so. A
$100 1/10 gram of meth will keep you high for many many many hours depending
on your tolerance.

The phenomenon of cocaine psychoses, while "real" is not as common as
believed. OTOH, the phenomenon of violent behavior on crystal meth is very
well documented. It really can lead to gnarly paranoia and violent
outbursts (much moreso among men than women, obviously).

meth also wreaks incredible amounts of havoc on the body. I have seen
phenomenally beautiful women after two years on crack turn themselves into
yellow skinned, sunken eyes, sallow hags. Now,t hat is just the visual
aspect, but it is just amazing to see. Ask a neurologist about the longterm
effects of meth on the brain.

Meth is as very very bad. Far worse, imo, than nearly any other COMMONLY
abused drug.

Whit

ATP

Jun 10, 2002, 6:38:44 PM6/10/02

"Steve" <steves...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=534&e=3&cid=534&u=/ap/20020

610/ap_on_he_me/meth_women_1

> DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - To outsiders, Debra Breuklander appeared to
> be a tireless single mother of three.
snip
at least it keeps them slim......

Kalo Alexandra

Jun 9, 2002, 7:10:08 PM6/9/02

whit wrote:

Let's not forget the way it attacks calcium and cartilage deposits, either.
(Teeth and sinuses). Not sure if this is due to relaxed hygiene while tweaking
or pure chemical cussedness, but it is a bitch either way.
Kalo

whit

Jun 10, 2002, 7:06:28 PM6/10/02

Kalo Alexandra <kalo...@syix.com> wrote in message

Most of the local meth head prostitutes lack in the teeth dept. I thought
that it might have been just a case of poor oral hygiene, like one sees with
crackheads etc. but maybe the whole calcium etc. thing has something to do
with it.

It's just amazing the way the stuff ages you.

Whit

Lester Long

Jun 10, 2002, 7:08:16 PM6/10/02
"whit" <wh...@whit.net> wrote in message

> Lester Long <lo...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > "Patrick Arnold" <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > > That is one drug which should never be legalized
> >
> > Why PA? Is is more highly addictive (a la Heroin)? Is it cheap (a la
> > Crack)?
> >
> > Lester
>
> Look, I know a LOT about crystal meth.
>
> Let me edumacate you.
>
> First of all, it is HIGHLY addictive. I don't know if it is more
addictive
> than heroin, but it is certainly moreso than crack. Also, it is commonly
> snorted, ingested, or smoked, which makes it more "appealing" to people
who
> would "never" stick a needle in their arm.

I know a LOT about heroin, and I can't imagine anything as addictive. Even
crack doesn't compare.

BTW, Whit, heroin can be snorted and smoked. In fact, smoking it is
becoming in vogue now.

> It IS pretty cheap. It is expensive enough to where it is expensive once
> you get a habit, but it is cheaper than crack cocaine for getting started.
> A $5 rock of crack will get one high for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour or so. A
> $100 1/10 gram of meth will keep you high for many many many hours
depending
> on your tolerance.

Yeah, I agree that often it's the cost that makes a drug most dangerous.
Cheap drugs are more egalitarian.

Thanks for the learnin Whit.

Lester

whit

Jun 10, 2002, 7:16:36 PM6/10/02

> "whit" <wh...@whit.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Why PA? Is is more highly addictive (a la Heroin)? Is it cheap (a la
> > > Crack)?
> > >
> > > Lester
> >
> > Look, I know a LOT about crystal meth.
> >
> > Let me edumacate you.
> >
> > First of all, it is HIGHLY addictive. I don't know if it is more
> addictive
> > than heroin, but it is certainly moreso than crack. Also, it is
commonly
> > snorted, ingested, or smoked, which makes it more "appealing" to people
> who
> > would "never" stick a needle in their arm.
>
> I know a LOT about heroin, and I can't imagine anything as addictive.
Even
> crack doesn't compare.

That is my point about crack. It is not particularly addictive.

> BTW, Whit, heroin can be snorted and smoked. In fact, smoking it is
> becoming in vogue now.

Of course it CAN. However, it is THOUGHT of as an injected drug (primarily)
which turns a lot of people off to it. The same cannot be said of meth.

> > It IS pretty cheap. It is expensive enough to where it is expensive
once
> > you get a habit, but it is cheaper than crack cocaine for getting
started.
> > A $5 rock of crack will get one high for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour or so.
> > $100 1/10 gram of meth will keep you high for many many many hours
> depending
> > on your tolerance.
>

> Yeah, I agree that often it's the cost that makes a drug most dangerous.
> Cheap drugs are more egalitarian.
>
> Thanks for the learnin Whit.
>
> Lester

I'm here for you.

Seen a lot of meth in my life.

Whit

Kalo Alexandra

Jun 9, 2002, 7:41:06 PM6/9/02

Patrick Arnold wrote:

> That is one drug which should never be legalized

Meth didn't ruin her life as she claims, Patrick. Her decisions and our political agenda ruined her life. Her
decisions and ours. The drug is blameless.
She has incurred a longer sentence than the freakshow looking for bbing kids will (if ever caught in an act).

--
Lung cancer among chronic pot smokers is rare. I don't know why this is but my
theory is that the cancer cells lose all their ambition to infect their host and

Kalo Alexandra

Jun 9, 2002, 7:42:05 PM6/9/02

Patrick Arnold wrote:

> That is one drug which should never be legalized

Meth didn't ruin her life as she claims, Patrick. Her decisions and our political agenda ruined her life. Her

Mike S. Medintz

Jun 10, 2002, 8:50:48 AM6/10/02

Dave

Jun 10, 2002, 9:46:08 PM6/10/02

Patrick Arnold wrote:

> That is one drug which should never be legalized

It already is legal. Methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, and
methamphetamine (listed in descending order for which prescriptions are
written) are prescribed everyday for medical purposes and continue to
help millions of people. They all produce subjectively similar effects.
Like any drug, it is only when used improperly (i.e., abused) that
it becomes a problem.

Dave

[snip]

David Cohen

Jun 10, 2002, 10:11:06 PM6/10/02

"whit" <wh...@whit.net> wrote in message
I've seen a lot...not as much as you...and, of course, I used to be
a crack whore. But regardless, my experience seems to agree with
yours. Meth was the most addictive drug I ever encountered, with
heroin and crack a bit behind. Meth also seemed to do more damage,
and more ultimately fatal damage, quicker than the others. Seen some
amazingly sad cases.

And nicotine. Let's not forget nicotine.

David

whit

Jun 10, 2002, 10:15:23 PM6/10/02

David Cohen <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

But you got better.

Plus, you were never much to look at anyways. I guess you must rely on your
charm, and sparkling personality!

But regardless, my experience seems to agree with
> yours. Meth was the most addictive drug I ever encountered, with
> heroin and crack a bit behind. Meth also seemed to do more damage,
> and more ultimately fatal damage, quicker than the others. Seen some
> amazingly sad cases.

Fuckin-a bubba

Whit

Lisa

Jun 10, 2002, 10:47:15 PM6/10/02

"Steve" <steves...@yahoo.com> wrote ...
from AP article:

> meth, a
> highly addictive stimulant that produces a euphoria similar to
> cocaine, but lasts longer and is made from common household
> ingredients.

"common household ingredients"?
uhm, not quite.
I can just see Suzee-homemaker fuming - "Okay, I've got my windex, my clorox
bleach and two heaping tablespoons of peanut butter - why can't I make me
some METH, ferfucksake?!?"

> Experts and users say meth appeals to women because it's relatively
> inexpensive and easy to obtain, and it gives them energy

Which is also why it appeals to men.
duh.

> Every day, the focus was, "where I could get it, who I could get it
> from, how much was it going to cost me ... and what was I going to
> have to give up to get it,"

And this is supposed to be different from any other addict's (of either
gender or substance of choice) behavior how?
---
Lisa

Lisa

Jun 10, 2002, 10:47:19 PM6/10/02

"whit" <wh...@whit.net> wrote ...

> Kalo Alexandra <kalo...@syix.com> wrote ...

> > Let's not forget the way it attacks calcium and cartilage deposits,
> either.
> > (Teeth and sinuses). Not sure if this is due to relaxed hygiene while
> tweaking
> > or pure chemical cussedness, but it is a bitch either way.
> > Kalo
>
> Most of the local meth head prostitutes lack in the teeth dept. I thought
> that it might have been just a case of poor oral hygiene, like one sees
with
> crackheads etc. but maybe the whole calcium etc. thing has something to do
> with it.

Meth has no effect on the calcium in teeth. However, certain behaviors of
your average speed freek will contribute to marked and rapid decline of oral
tissues:

--non-existent oral hygiene ['nuf said]

-- lack of restorative sleep [impacts immune system/inflammatory response of
gums]

--shitty nutrition {low vit.C levels impacts capillary strength and screws
oral tissues]

--high intake of soda/beer [refined carbs are converted to sugar upon
contact w/salivary enzymes, oral bacteria metabolize sugars into acids,
acids=decay]

--fried mucous membranes=mouth breathing=reduced acid buffering by
saliva=increased susceptibility to decay Combine this with sucking on
candy/mints to combat dryness=RAMPANT decay

--no job/no insurance/no motivation to seek treatment of early or incipient
decay

--high incidence of heavy smoking [reduces circulation in oral tissues,
increasing vulnerability to infection Also deposits sticky pellicle on tooth
surface that acts as substrate for further bacterial
deposits=inflammation=gum disease]

--high incidence of clenching/grinding {little chips mature into untreated
tooth fractures]

I can spot a heavy meth-mouth in an instant.
Even years after they're 'clean'.
---
Lisa

Lisa

Jun 10, 2002, 10:47:22 PM6/10/02

"David Cohen" <sammi...@earthlink.net> wrote...
> "whit" <wh...@whit.net> wrote ...

> more
> > > addictive

> > >snippage

> But regardless, my experience seems to agree with
> yours. Meth was the most addictive drug I ever encountered, with
> heroin and crack a bit behind. Meth also seemed to do more damage,
> and more ultimately fatal damage, quicker than the others. Seen some
> amazingly sad cases.
>
> And nicotine. Let's not forget nicotine.

I believe that addiction is not substance-dependent. You can say meth is
HIGHLY addictive, that nicotine is highly addictive, etc. but there is a
hyuuuuge unmentioned human factor. I have personal knowledge of an
individual who did meth regularly (nearly daily) for ~10mo., gave it up
overnight, never to touch it again. Smoked a pack a day for years - gave it
up cold turkey, first try. Drank alcohol regulary - tired of that, gave it
up. Now why would a 'highly addictive' chemical have such habituating
effects on one individual and the high, but non-addictive effects on
another? I believe it is only when we find the addictive-personality key
that we will unlock the true anwer to treatment/rehab.
---
Lisa
seen it over and over, too

whit

Jun 10, 2002, 10:52:05 PM6/10/02

Lisa <fd4t...@earthlink.zappspam.net> wrote in message

Well, of course.

There is hyooge individual variability in susceptibility to addictions, but
one can still rank (loosely) drugs based on their levels of physical
addictiveness.

Also, just as individuals will vary with their susceptibility to addiction,
they vary in their willpower and ability to break addictive cycles.

Whit

whit

Jun 10, 2002, 10:52:57 PM6/10/02

Lisa <fd4t...@earthlink.zappspam.net> wrote in message

And that was my first guess, in regards to the hygiene issue.

I am pretty good at spotting meth heads by skin. They get this yellowish
tinge to them.

Whit

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 4:56:27 PM6/11/02
Gerbil Face Johnson wrote:

> >From: Patrick Arnold <parn...@ix.netcom.com>
> >Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2002 10:18 EDT
> >
> >That is one drug which should never be legalized
> >

> That's right Pat---let's keep having meth labs blow up in suburbia! Makes for
> great evening news footage!
> ___________

It is natural selection at its finest IMO. Fucking inbred white trailer
trash mullet headed losers going up in flames. Break out the fucking
marshmallows

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 4:57:47 PM6/11/02

Because it causes more damage to society than any other drug i can think
of. Have you ever done alot of crank or been around people that do?

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 4:59:44 PM6/11/02

well put. meth is the worst. at least other stimulant drugs are short
acting. once you take meth then its in your body for a long time and it
fucking eats your body and brain apart

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 5:00:55 PM6/11/02

It may have something to do with the chronic dehydration and dry mouth
also. That is not good for the teeth and gums at all

Lester Long

Jun 11, 2002, 4:58:12 PM6/11/02

> Lester Long wrote:
> >
> > "Patrick Arnold" <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > > That is one drug which should never be legalized
> >
> > Why PA? Is is more highly addictive (a la Heroin)? Is it cheap (a la
> > Crack)?
> >
> > Lester
>

> Because it causes more damage to society than any other drug i can think
> of. Have you ever done alot of crank or been around people that do?

Not since the Night of Champions? :)

Seriously, no. Somehow I escaped using meth during my errant years.

Regards,
Lester

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 5:03:34 PM6/11/02
Lester Long wrote:

> "whit" <wh...@whit.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Why PA? Is is more highly addictive (a la Heroin)? Is it cheap (a la
> > > Crack)?
> > >
> > > Lester
> >
> > Look, I know a LOT about crystal meth.
> >
> > Let me edumacate you.
> >
> > First of all, it is HIGHLY addictive. I don't know if it is more
> addictive
> > than heroin, but it is certainly moreso than crack. Also, it is commonly
> > snorted, ingested, or smoked, which makes it more "appealing" to people
> who
> > would "never" stick a needle in their arm.
>
> I know a LOT about heroin, and I can't imagine anything as addictive. Even
> crack doesn't compare.

Heroin addiction is pretty different than speed addiction. you can
maintain a heroin addiction for a certain period of time and still
remain relatively normal. Speed addiction you just rot away like a
corpse. Withdrawal from both are bad but uniquely different. The
heroin might take the cake on this though

Heroin is sedating which IMO makes it less of a societal threat then
psychosis inducing meth

Steve

Jun 11, 2002, 5:06:06 PM6/11/02
"Lisa" <fd4t...@earthlink.zappspam.net> wrote in message

> I believe that addiction is not substance-dependent. You can say meth is

> HIGHLY addictive, that nicotine is highly addictive, etc. but there is a
> hyuuuuge unmentioned human factor. I have personal knowledge of an
> individual who did meth regularly (nearly daily) for ~10mo., gave it up
> overnight, never to touch it again. Smoked a pack a day for years - gave it
> up cold turkey, first try. Drank alcohol regulary - tired of that, gave it
> up. Now why would a 'highly addictive' chemical have such habituating
> effects on one individual and the high, but non-addictive effects on
> another? I believe it is only when we find the addictive-personality key
> that we will unlock the true anwer to treatment/rehab.

Genetic and other biological differences could possibly also explain
why individual gets addicted and another doesn't. Biological factors
may also partly contribute to whether or not someone has an addictive
personality.

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 5:42:23 PM6/11/02

Picky picky. Cocaine is legal too, under your definition

Patrick Arnold

Jun 11, 2002, 5:44:36 PM6/11/02
Lisa wrote:

> "Steve" <steves...@yahoo.com> wrote ...
> from AP article:
> > meth, a
> > highly addictive stimulant that produces a euphoria similar to
> > cocaine, but lasts longer and is made from common household
> > ingredients.
> >

> "common household ingredients"?
> uhm, not quite.
> I can just see Suzee-homemaker fuming - "Okay, I've got my windex, my clorox
> bleach and two heaping tablespoons of peanut butter - why can't I make me
> some METH, ferfucksake?!?"

Cuz you forgot the red phosphorous facial cleanser darling

John M. Williams

Jun 11, 2002, 10:45:56 PM6/11/02
Patrick Arnold <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Dave wrote:
>>
>> Patrick Arnold wrote:
>>
>> > That is one drug which should never be legalized
>>
>> It already is legal. Methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, and
>> methamphetamine (listed in descending order for which prescriptions are
>> written) are prescribed everyday for medical purposes and continue to
>> help millions of people. They all produce subjectively similar effects.
>> Like any drug, it is only when used improperly (i.e., abused) that
>> it becomes a problem.
>

>Picky picky. Cocaine is legal too, under your definition

True. Both are Schedule II controlled substances with legitimate,
though limited, uses.
--

John M. Williams jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com
------------ http://www.rustyiron.net --------------

Gerbil Face Johnson

Jun 12, 2002, 2:17:03 AM6/12/02
>From: John M. Williams <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com>
>Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2002 22:45 EDT

>Patrick Arnold <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>>Dave wrote:

>>> It already is legal. Methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, and
>>> methamphetamine (listed in descending order for which prescriptions are
>>> written) are prescribed everyday for medical purposes and continue to
>>> help millions of people. They all produce subjectively similar effects.
>>> Like any drug, it is only when used improperly (i.e., abused) that
>>> it becomes a problem.
>>
>>Picky picky. Cocaine is legal too, under your definition
>
>True. Both are Schedule II controlled substances with legitimate,
>though limited, uses.
>--

Fortunately, both meth and coke are readily available and increasing
inexpensive, regardless of their legal status...

Capitalism is a wonderful thing...
When arrested, the cow would utter only one word.
"Moo" said the cow. "Moo."

Kalo Alexandra

Jun 11, 2002, 1:34:36 PM6/11/02

Patrick Arnold wrote:

And sinuses. Lets not forget the 'single nostril' effect so prized amongst the
snorting crowd
Kalo

Watson Davis

Jun 12, 2002, 3:36:46 PM6/12/02
On 12 Jun 2002 06:17:03 GMT, with...@aol.comY2s8Ta3s (Gerbil Face
Johnson) wrote:

>>From: John M. Williams <jmwil...@enforcergraphics.f2s.com>
>>Date: Tue, Jun 11, 2002 22:45 EDT
>>
>>Patrick Arnold <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>>>Picky picky. Cocaine is legal too, under your definition
>>
>>True. Both are Schedule II controlled substances with legitimate,
>>though limited, uses.
>>--
>
>Fortunately, both meth and coke are readily available and increasing
>inexpensive, regardless of their legal status...
>
>Capitalism is a wonderful thing...

Uh, yeah, communists, socialists, and other economic systems have
never had problems with drugs.

ok.

Watson (the ninja of nice) Davis

Gerbil Face Johnson

Jun 12, 2002, 7:51:18 PM6/12/02
>Subject: Re: Ampetamine Use Up Among Women
>From: Watson Davis <wat...@watsonmusic.com>
>Date: Wed, Jun 12, 2002 15:36 EDT

As usual Watson, you are clueless. All black market economies are forms of
capitalism...

Or should I say "African-American market economies?"

>ok.
>
>Watson (the ninja of nice) Davis

Dave

Jun 12, 2002, 8:09:30 PM6/12/02

John M. Williams wrote:

> Patrick Arnold <parn...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

>>Dave wrote:

>>>It already is legal. Methylphenidate, dextroamphetamine, and
>>>methamphetamine (listed in descending order for which prescriptions are
>>>written) are prescribed everyday for medical purposes and continue to
>>>help millions of people. They all produce subjectively similar effects.
>>> Like any drug, it is only when used improperly (i.e., abused) that
>>>it becomes a problem.
>>>
>>Picky picky. Cocaine is legal too, under your definition
>>

> True. Both are Schedule II controlled substances with legitimate,
> though limited, uses.

Well, in the name of pedantry, perhaps I should point out that so far as
I know, cocaine is only legal for use as an external analgesic, whereas
methamphetamine (Desoxyn) is approved for oral (systemic) use; it is
about equipotent to d-amphetamine, despite the widespread public opinion
to the contrary.

:-)

Dave

Dave

Jun 12, 2002, 8:13:26 PM6/12/02

Gerbil Face Johnson wrote:

I *assume* that was his point! :-)

Dave

Watson Davis

Jun 13, 2002, 12:25:36 AM6/13/02
On 12 Jun 2002 23:51:18 GMT, with...@aol.comY2s8Ta3s (Gerbil Face
Johnson) wrote:

I guess your right about my cluelessness because I have absolutely no
clue what point you were trying to make.

Could you possibly explain what capitalism has to do with the price of
tea in China?

Gerbil Face Johnson

Jun 13, 2002, 1:05:11 AM6/13/02
>Subject: Re: Ampetamine Use Up Among Women
>From: Watson Davis <wat...@watsonmusic.com>
>Date: Thu, Jun 13, 2002 00:25 EDT

No surprise there.

Keith C.

Jun 13, 2002, 2:09:06 AM6/13/02

yes it is

>>>As usual Watson, you are clueless. All black market economies are forms of
>>>capitalism...

And so,one of the reasons that communism collapsed in Russia is because the
capitalist black markets of goods, services, and news were too much for the
socialist (communist) government controlled markets. In there natural state
all markets are capitalist.

Anarcho-capitalism or market anarchy is the best form of government according
to many.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/hoppe/hoppe5.html
Keith C.
Elite Strength Training Links (back online and updated)
http://www15.brinkster.com/elitestrength/strength.htm

Watson Davis

Jun 13, 2002, 11:29:20 AM6/13/02
On 13 Jun 2002 05:05:11 GMT, with...@aol.comY2s8Ta3s (Gerbil Face
Johnson) wrote:

>>Subject: Re: Ampetamine Use Up Among Women
>>From: Watson Davis <wat...@watsonmusic.com>
>>Date: Thu, Jun 13, 2002 00:25 EDT
>>
>>On 12 Jun 2002 23:51:18 GMT, with...@aol.comY2s8Ta3s (Gerbil Face

>>>As usual Watson, you are clueless. All black market economies are forms of
>>>capitalism...
>>
>>I guess your right about my cluelessness because I have absolutely no
>>clue what point you were trying to make.
>>

>No surprise there.

Note to self: anonymous fuckwit is on to me. Must kill it soon.