BB-ing myths article?

Will Brink

Aug 25, 2006, 9:30:25 AM8/25/06
Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.

Two that come to mind:

"Real bodybuilders don't use Smith machines"

and

"Pro's eat 'clean' foods all year round"

and perhaps

"Anyone can look like a pro bodybuilder if they take enough drugs"

and

"bodybuilders are not strong"

Any more you can think of? I figure I need at least ten decent myths to
make an article of it.

Pete

Aug 25, 2006, 10:26:54 AM8/25/06
"Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:

> Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.

This is very cool. I inspired you...

> Two that come to mind:

> "Real bodybuilders don't use Smith machines"

> "Pro's eat 'clean' foods all year round"

> "Anyone can look like a pro bodybuilder if they take enough drugs"

> "bodybuilders are not strong"

> Any more you can think of? I figure I need at least ten decent myths to
> make an article of it.

"bodybuilders are homosexual"

"bodybuilders have a minority complex, which is why they enlarge their
muscles"

"bodybuilders are narcistic"

"steroids dont work"

"steroids dont make you bigger, you only get bigger faster"

"steroids allow you to train more frequent, and thats why you get bigger"

"steroids only work if you have low testosterone levels"

"if you stop taking steroids, you will lose everything you build while you
were on them"

"bodybuilders do endless sets with low weights"

"pump equals growth"

"to more you eat, the bigger you get"

"to make the arms bigger, compound exercises are better then curls and
pushdowns"

There are several more in my mind, but these are the ones that seem to
appear most frequent...

----
Pete

Message has been deleted

Will Brink

Aug 25, 2006, 11:04:38 AM8/25/06
In article <44ef08ae$0$18154$dbd4...@news.wanadoo.nl>, "Pete"
<phou...@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> "Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:
>
> > Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> > not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.
>
> This is very cool. I inspired you...

Yes you did you juice monkey.

> > Two that come to mind:
>
> > "Real bodybuilders don't use Smith machines"
>
> > "Pro's eat 'clean' foods all year round"
>
> > "Anyone can look like a pro bodybuilder if they take enough drugs"
>
> > "bodybuilders are not strong"
>
> > Any more you can think of? I figure I need at least ten decent myths to
> > make an article of it.
>
> "bodybuilders are homosexual"

With all your talk of other mens glutes, I am starting to wonder..

> "bodybuilders have a minority complex, which is why they enlarge their
> muscles"

In some cases, it's true however. Of course it's not true in all cases, but....

> "bodybuilders are narcistic"

They are! :-)

> "steroids dont work"

Now THAT'S a myth!

> "steroids dont make you bigger, you only get bigger faster"

Never heard that one.

> "steroids allow you to train more frequent, and thats why you get bigger"

I think that one is partially true.

> "steroids only work if you have low testosterone levels"

Never heard that one.

> "if you stop taking steroids, you will lose everything you build while you
> were on them"

Good one! That goes on the list. Of course in some cases it's true but
that's not the fault of the steroids per se.

> "bodybuilders do endless sets with low weights"
>
> "pump equals growth"
>
> "to more you eat, the bigger you get"
>
> "to make the arms bigger, compound exercises are better then curls and
> pushdowns"
>
> There are several more in my mind, but these are the ones that seem to
> appear most frequent...

Some stuff to work with at least, thanx

> ----
> Pete

Will Brink

Aug 25, 2006, 11:08:49 AM8/25/06
<phou...@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> "Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:
>
> > Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> > not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.
>
> This is very cool. I inspired you...

³If you eat right, you can put on only muscle with no fat while on a mass
gaining phase.²

Pete

Aug 25, 2006, 12:08:13 PM8/25/06
"Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:

>> > Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that
>> > will
>> > not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.

>> This is very cool. I inspired you...

> Yes you did you juice monkey.

F******************** Y********************* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"bodybuilders are juice heads"

----
Pete

Pete

Aug 25, 2006, 12:09:20 PM8/25/06
"DZ" <24...@2885317910.1494532690.22687.14380.29407> schreef:

>>> Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
>>> not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.

>> "bodybuilders are narcistic"

> As derived from "narc" - concerned with narcotics violations.

Not if you live where i live... :-O

----
Pete

ephedr...@hotmail.com

Aug 25, 2006, 12:17:50 PM8/25/06

Well, this maybe true but..

Bodybuilders has small dicks and work out to overcompensate. They also
drive lifted trucks and beat off a lot.

Jason Earl

Aug 25, 2006, 2:30:33 PM8/25/06
will...@comcast.net (Will Brink) writes:

> In article <44ef08ae$0$18154$dbd4...@news.wanadoo.nl>, "Pete"
> <phou...@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>
>> "Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:
>>
>> > Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths
>> > that will not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths"
>> > or what ever.
>>
>> This is very cool. I inspired you...
>
> Yes you did you juice monkey.

There's never any respect for the dork asking the questions...

Jason

Larry Hodges

Aug 25, 2006, 2:40:28 PM8/25/06
<ephedr...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I take offense to that. I never had my truck lifted!

-Larry

ephedr...@hotmail.com

Aug 25, 2006, 6:19:18 PM8/25/06

I only had the body lifted, I was too cheap to go suspension.

Curt James

Aug 25, 2006, 7:23:16 PM8/25/06
Will Brink wrote:
> Pete's post gave me an idea for an article:
> "Bodybuiling Myths that will not die" type
> thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths"
> or what ever.
>
> Two that come to mind:
SNIP!

You're too late, Brink. That article's already been purchased and
printed. Aren't writers advised to actually READ the market they're
interested in selling to? And whatever is one word. How in HELL do you
make money as a writer? Editors, proofreaders, etc., right? Well,
better them thAn me.

--
Curt

Curt James

Aug 25, 2006, 7:38:18 PM8/25/06
Pete wrote:
[...]

re bodybuilding myths

> "pump equals growth" <snip>

I was reading an interview with Dante Trudel in the September 2006
issue of Flex. Trudel's the creator of the Doggcrapp training system.
Great read if you're unfamiliar with DC. I was.

It was interesting to read about his workout schedule's rotating A B A
on week 1 followed by B A B on week 2. That piece of Trudel's workout
formula is similar to Frank Calta's workout philosophy which I've
praised here more than once.

I'm OBVIOUSLY not working hard enough as Trudel - who is also 6'1" -
once weighed 137 lbs. "after a good meal and with four rolls of
quarters in my pocket," joked the DC guru during his interview with
Flex's Greg Merritt. He currently weighs in at a monstrous 280 lbs. and
he looks solid in the pics Flex provides.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/ for more on DC. Scroll and then click on
The DOGG Pound.

--
Curt

Curt James

Aug 25, 2006, 7:59:50 PM8/25/06
ephedr...@hotmail.com wrote:
[...]

> Bodybuilders has small dicks and work out to

> overcompensate. <snip>

The one comedian I remember saying something like, "What's up with
bodybuilders? They build all their muscles up and then the really
important 'muscle' looks incredibly small by comparison."

And there was another comic, about six feet tall and 130 lbs, just a
stick (yes, even skinnier than I am), who started off his routine,
"Sorry I'm out of breath, but I just got done bodybuilding."

ba dump bump!

--
Curt

Tom Anderson

Aug 25, 2006, 8:15:38 PM8/25/06
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Pete wrote:

> "Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:
>

>> Any more you can think of? I figure I need at least ten decent myths to
>> make an article of it.
>

> "bodybuilders do endless sets with low weights"
>
> "pump equals growth"

In a similar vein:

Doing 21-rep sets of curls will give you huge biceps.

Doing quarter-ROM curls will give you huge biceps (saw this in Men's
Fitness or something, back when i was young and foolish enough to waste
money on it).

Doing less-than-full-ROM movements is better for your joints.

Doing eight different tricep exercises will make your triceps eight times
bigger.

Er, unless those are true; in which case, if someone could let me know,
that would be good.

tom

--
Mathematics is the door and the key to the sciences. -- Roger Bacon

Gooserider

Aug 25, 2006, 8:33:17 PM8/25/06

"Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.
>
> Two that come to mind:
>
> "Real bodybuilders don't use Smith machines"

Funny you mention that. I was thumbing through Arnold's Encyclopedia of
Bodybuilding and came across a picture of Tom Platz squatting with a Smith
machine. Arnold mentioned he liked it for heavy squats. Go figure.

Pete

Aug 25, 2006, 9:45:56 PM8/25/06
"Gooserider" <Goose...@mouse-potato.com> schreef:

>> Two that come to mind:

>> "Real bodybuilders don't use Smith machines"

> Funny you mention that. I was thumbing through Arnold's Encyclopedia of
> Bodybuilding and came across a picture of Tom Platz squatting with a Smith
> machine.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!

YES !!! YES !!!

Now... i am not such a bad guy... however... i want ALL the INFIDELS in this
group to... get on their knees
(NO... dont worry, its only a MYTH :-O and kneel for me.

ACCEPT my INFINITE wisdom, you infidels!

I am on a holy mission...

Just like several years ago;

http://groups.google.nl/group/misc.fitness.weights/browse_frm/thread/33d91e6632fcde9/7ce0b1e7a445db0e?lnk=st&q=holy+mission&rnum=5#7ce0b1e7a445db0e

And even i am afraid of my lomg term memory... its freaky!

----
Pete

ATP*

Aug 26, 2006, 2:55:54 PM8/26/06

"Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.

Posing is easy:-)

Robert Schuh

Aug 29, 2006, 2:04:33 AM8/29/06
Pete wrote:

> "Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:
>
> > Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> > not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.
>
> This is very cool. I inspired you...
>
> > Two that come to mind:
>
> > "Real bodybuilders don't use Smith machines"
>
> > "Pro's eat 'clean' foods all year round"
>
> > "Anyone can look like a pro bodybuilder if they take enough drugs"
>
> > "bodybuilders are not strong"
>
> > Any more you can think of? I figure I need at least ten decent myths to
> > make an article of it.
>
> "bodybuilders are homosexual"
>
> "bodybuilders have a minority complex, which is why they enlarge their
> muscles"

Do you mean bodybuilders are afraid of minorities? :-)

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche

http://www.hardbopdrums.com/

Robert Schuh

Aug 29, 2006, 2:07:13 AM8/29/06
DZ wrote:

> Pete <phou...@wanadoo.nl> wrote:
> > "Will Brink" <will...@comcast.net> schreef:
> >> Pete's post gave me an idea for an article: "Bodybuiling Myths that will
> >> not die" type thing, or perhaps "Top Ten bbing myths" or what ever.

> > "bodybuilders are narcistic"
>
> As derived from "narc" - concerned with narcotics violations.

How many bodybuilders do you know who use narcotics? Moron.

Robert Schuh

Aug 29, 2006, 2:10:35 AM8/29/06
ephedr...@hotmail.com wrote:

Not only are you a coward, but your English skills are worse than most 7 year
old kids. Dolt.

misanthropic_curmudgeon

Aug 29, 2006, 5:30:20 AM8/29/06

Will Brink wrote:

> Any more you can think of? I figure I need at least ten decent myths to
> make an article of it.

Bulk makes you slow

Bodybuilders and weightlifters are not fit

When you stop, it all turns to fat

Message has been deleted

Curt James

Aug 29, 2006, 7:20:23 PM8/29/06
Robert Schuh wrote:
[...]

> <snip> your English skills are worse than

> most 7 year old kids.

Hey, Bobby, can we review hyphenation here? I mean, especially as it
relates to adjectives. That should be 7-year-old, right? You mentioned
English skills, so that'd be a relevant question, yes?

> Dolt.

http://www.drgrammar.org/faqs/

Hth.

--
Curt

Robert Schuh

Aug 31, 2006, 5:43:55 PM8/31/06
DZ wrote:

> Robert Schuh <rsc...@hotspameggsyahoo.com> wrote:
> > DZ wrote:
> >>
> >> As derived from "narc" - concerned with narcotics violations.
> >
> > How many bodybuilders do you know who use narcotics? Moron.
> >
> > --
>

> You forgot a space after "--"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block#E-mail_and_Usenet

Why not address the question? Once again, how many BBers do you know who use
Narcotics? Folks, we have yet another anonymous pussy.

Hobbes

Aug 31, 2006, 5:48:49 PM8/31/06
In article <44F7581B...@hotspameggsyahoo.com>,
Robert Schuh <rsc...@hotspameggsyahoo.com> wrote:

> DZ wrote:
>
> > Robert Schuh <rsc...@hotspameggsyahoo.com> wrote:

> > > How many bodybuilders do you know who use narcotics? Moron.
> > >
> > > --
> >
> > You forgot a space after "--"
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signature_block#E-mail_and_Usenet
> >

> Why not address the question? Once again, how many BBers do you know who use
> Narcotics? Folks, we have yet another anonymous pussy.

Dimitri isn't anonymous or a pussy Rob. English isn't his first language
and I think he missed on an attempt at humor. He has posted training
videos of some pretty impressive gymnastic type stuff. And is very
knowledgable about the science end of protein synthesis and things like
that.

--
Keith

Curt James

Aug 31, 2006, 5:52:43 PM8/31/06
Robert Schuh wrote:

re DZ

> Folks, we have yet another anonymous pussy.

Whaaa?

Hey, are you the dipshit or am I the dipshit because I thought DZ was
*Super Chin Man!!!* and that you were *Should Be Grateful You Got a
Kidney From, What I suspect Was, An Anonymous Donor Man*.

Is this some OTHER DZ? Anonymous pussy???

Your current claim to fame is that you... what? Had a 22-inch waist?
Pfft.

Or was your comment an inside joke? Didn't you say you have a wicked
sense of humor?

--
Curt

Message has been deleted

Charles

Aug 31, 2006, 6:20:04 PM8/31/06
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:57:20 +0000 (UTC), DZ
<12...@1589628864.1504626258.19126.10402.30192> wrote:

>Actually, I don't think I missed anything this time, and my
>response to Pete WAS an attempt at humour, which perhaps isn't
>funny for the reasons you stated. It is true that anyone interested
>should be able to find my identity just as easily as yours, or
>that of Charles, or JMW.

Which of course is absolutely true, particularly as we all used our
real names until a year or so ago. Anyone who has been here any length
of time would know only too well who we are.

I can confirm to Rob that DZ is no "anonymous pussy"; a few of us know
exactly who he is and he deservedly enjoys a good reputation here!

Larry Hodges

Aug 31, 2006, 6:57:57 PM8/31/06
"Charles" <j...@msn.com> wrote in message

Not me. I hide behind this "Larry Hodges" name I made up. My real name is
******* ***********.

Almost Friday John. :)

-Larry

David Cohen

Aug 31, 2006, 7:04:01 PM8/31/06

"Larry Hodges" <2la...@2maximizesoftware2.com> wrote
> "Charles" <j...@msn.com> wrote

You can't fool us, Mike Lane.

I've known a few anonymous pussies, by the way, and have nothing but
pleasant memories.

David (for today, at least)

JMW

Aug 31, 2006, 8:26:01 PM8/31/06
DZ <12...@1589628864.1504626258.19126.10402.30192> wrote:
>Actually, I don't think I missed anything this time, and my
>response to Pete WAS an attempt at humour, which perhaps isn't
>funny for the reasons you stated. It is true that anyone interested
>should be able to find my identity just as easily as yours, or
>that of Charles, or JMW.

Yeah, but they'd have to search pretty hard to find the really
geeky-looking pic of you in front of the 'puter in your office!

Charles

Sep 1, 2006, 3:19:57 AM9/1/06

We know who you really are "Mister Say It As It Is", but panic not -
your secret is safe with us!

>Almost Friday John. :)

It's here Larry, so have a great weekend; throw that leg mightily and
get some quality time with those boys (young men) of yours.

TFIF!