Losing the gut

luckybob

Oct 1, 2001, 1:53:53 AM10/1/01
I have been working out for a few months now, yet my gut insist on sticking
around. I have lowered my calorie intake and started to do more cardio. It
seems all my other fat is gone, except for my stomach. I have also seen a
nice improvement in my chest, shoulders, back and arms. I workout 4 days a
week and try to keep my calories around 1000-1500. Am I doing something
wrong? Should I use a supplement? Just a small note, I am not that bad off
really, I am 6'1" and weight 208. I feel I have some nice abs, if they
would ever come out from hiding.

Also I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on developing my
lower chest. It seems like my upper chest is dwarfing the lower part.

Luckybob

mut...@aol.com

Oct 1, 2001, 9:34:20 AM10/1/01
Bob, I am 160 lbs and a diet of 1000-1500 calories a day would starve me to the
point I would have no energy to get in an effective cardio or resistance
training workout. When I am cutting at the rate of about a lb or two per week I
eat a minimum of 2000 calories per day and when I am maintaining my weight I
need about 2800 calories per day. I too store all my exess weight on my waist.

You need some professional advice from a qualified doctor/dietitian/trainer and
or therapist to set up a program that will work for you over the long run.

CJF.

Oct 1, 2001, 11:18:37 AM10/1/01

I think you would be in or close to starvation mode with 1000-1500 calories
a day. Make sure to count the calories of everything you eat and drink.
You need to determine how much protein, carbohydrates and fat you are
consuming too. If you are weight is steady then you are consuming a
maintenance level of calories which should be approximately
13 x bodweight (in lb) = 2704 calories. To lose weight go with approx.
11 x bw = 2288 calories.

Some more weight loss and nutrition info.
http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html#eattoloseweight

People here can help you. But if you need more help do as mutrock
suggests consult a doctor or dietitian.

Jeff out ...
--
Weightlifting Discussion Board
http://www.deepsquatter.com/cgi-bin/deepsquatter.cgi

Mark Brockway

Oct 1, 2001, 7:11:16 PM10/1/01

luckybob wrote:

> week and try to keep my calories around 1000-1500.

Are you absolutely sure of this? If you constantly feel irritable, then I
believe you.

Heywood Jablome

Oct 23, 2001, 2:28:23 AM10/23/01
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:53:53 -0700, "luckybob" <luck...@tca.net>
wrote:

start by doubling your calorie intake. You're starving!

Salty Crab

Oct 23, 2001, 9:12:32 AM10/23/01
On Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:53:53 -0700, "luckybob" <luck...@tca.net> wrote:

> I feel I have some nice abs, if they
> >would ever come out from hiding.

There's a saying around my gym, "great abs are made in the kitchen"

\m/

Salty Crab

rosco

Oct 23, 2001, 9:26:21 AM10/23/01
Yea, Im 185 lbs and in a leaning phase and I intake somewhere around 2000
cals a day. By starving yourself you decrease lean muscle mass and decrease
your metabolism making it harder to loose fat. Your not eating enough.
Supplements are alright for convience, I use a meal replacement twice a day
for the simple reason its 2 less meals I have to prepare in a day,not
because it will show better results than real food. Your midsection is the
last place for fat to dissapear. It may seem your not loosing the gut when
in fact you probably are, it just takes longer.

Best exercises for lower chest are the same basic pressing movents but you
can concentrate on the lower part of your chest from a decline position.
Just dont expect much along the line of results with your diet.

"Heywood Jablome" <hey...@nethere.com> wrote in message