Still More Lights

Aslan

Apr 8, 1991, 3:24:00 AM4/8/91

Well, I've narrowed down the choice to two different ones...

The first is the Dyna-Lyte 2266H.....
It has two rotators with 50cp or 100cp bulbs,
50lb pull magnet
10 foot lighter plug cord
AND it's even Made in the USA

The second is the Force 4 LP beacon....
It's basically the same, except it's a little more sleek looking...

I can get the Dyna-Lyte from AEV for $93.95, and the Force 4 LP I've
only been able to find in Bound Tree for $129.95....

I've heard that Force 4 is a really good brand, so which should I get...?

Also, what's the advantage of 50cp over 100cp bulbs (seen farther?), and
should I get it with vinyl magnets(smoother on car?)......?

Thanks....

tim
--
engi...@buhub.bradley.edu
am...@cleveland.freenet.edu

Mike Beaty, Servowriter Engineering

Apr 9, 1991, 11:26:05 AM4/9/91
In article <1991Apr8.0...@bradley.bradley.edu>
engi...@buhub.bradley.edu (Aslan) writes:

>The first is the Dyna-Lyte 2266H.....

>The second is the Force 4 LP beacon....

>I can get the Dyna-Lyte from AEV for $93.95, and the Force 4 LP I've

>only been able to find in Bound Tree for $129.95....

Gall's, which I mentioned in an earlier post, has both of
these mini light bars. The 2266H is the halogen version --
the 2266 has the standard #1195 bulb in it. I prefer the
halogen version because it is brighter.

The Force 4 LP doesn't appear to have a center reflector.
I have the Dyna-Lite. I like it fine.

Gall's offers the 2266H and the Force 4 LP for $99.99 each
plus $6.60 postage & handling. The 2266 Dyna-Lite is $89.99 +
p & h.

I am not affiliated with them except as a satisfied customer,
blah, blah.

>should I get it with vinyl magnets(smoother on car?)......?

If you're reasonably careful with how you install and remove
the bar, you won't have a scratching problem. I'm
ultra-conservative with the finish on my vehicle, and I don't
have any coating on the magnets of my unit.

* Opinion alert *

By the way, I *strongly* believe that the most bang for the buck
on a Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) and most other emergency
apparatus is the headlight high beam wig-wags. These are
reasonably easy to install on most vehicles. The commercial
units run about $30. I roll my own for about $8 in used relays.
Well worth it! I've had folks tell me that the first thing
they saw when I was approaching was the headlights wig-wag:
way before my halogen light bar or sealed beam red/blue
wig-wags.

I've had responders tell me that they flash their own headlights
manually -- with the stalk or foot switch. I drive a vehicle
with a manual transmission, a two-way radio, and a siren.
There's a lot going on in there when I'm responding to a call.
Especially when I'm approaching an intersection. Spend the
extra money and get a wig-wag unit, for safety's sake.

Besides that, anyone can flash their headlights, but only
emergency vehicles have wig-wags ;-).

Mike
--
Mike Beaty Communications Officer Captain/Firefighter EMT-B
Wescott FPD 15000 Sun Hills Drive Colorado Springs, CO 80921