The Bach-Effect - Connecting Back To The Creation - Recommendations

Koos Nolst Trenite

Oct 24, 2002, 3:21:26 PM10/24/02
The Bach-Effect - Connecting Back To The Creation - Recommendations

I like to recommend two pieces of Bach

'Cum Sancto Spiritu'
(which is part twelve)
from the Hohe Messe H moll BWV 232 (High Mass in B minor)

and

'Gloria'
(which is part two)
from the Messe BWV 233 (Mass)

I have here a performance by Harry Christopher,
and one by Ton Koopman. Both are fine.
You want Bach that is performed with very alive force.

I always suggest to put these things on repeat (on your sound
installation), so that you have enough time to find yourself while
the music 'holds and makes the space free' for you to be.(1)

As I had to explain elsewhere(2) to someone, you don't stop being
alive and you don't stop being active 'for the music.' That would be
reversing the purpose and intention of the music. The music is there
solely to make you more alive and more creative by yourself and as
yourself.

It connects you (back) to The Creation. It is a highly potent weapon
against any onslaught of Ugly, Deadening, Altered Life Energy. It
pushes that away.

And that is how the music is intended. The intention with which the
music was created, is to connect people (you) to The Creation,(3) to
Life as it has been created and intended.

Koos Nolst Trenite "Cause Trinity"
human rights philosopher and poet

(1) 'True Leadership of Johann Sebastian Bach Through His Music'
(22 Sept 2002)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0209220319.55453ee0%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

(2) 'Don't Ask What Mozart Can Do For You - But What You Can Do
For Mozart' (7 Oct 2002)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0210071221.2be1d122%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

(3) 'The Nature Of The Cosmos As Seen From Earth (Version 1.0)'
(29 Aug 2001)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0210040211.4ce114ac%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

- 'Remembering Because Of Lindsay Lohan, And 'The Parent Trap''
(3 Aug 2002 - issued 24 Sept 2002)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0209241608.52b21330%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain

Copyright 2002 by Koos Nolst Trenite - human rights philosopher
and poet
This is 'learnware' - it may not be altered, and it is free for
anyone who learns from it, and (or, if he can't learn from it)
who passes it on unaltered, and with this message included, to
others who might be able to learn from it.
None of my writings may be used, ever, to support any political
or religious agenda, but only to educate and encourage people
to judge undominated and for themselves about any organizations
or individuals.
Send free-of-Envy and free-of-Hate, Beautiful e-mails to:
PlatoWorld at Lycos.com
(address unreadable for internet robots
- replace ' at ' with the '@' symbol)

Jen

Oct 25, 2002, 11:25:07 AM10/25/02

"Alberto Moreira" <junk...@moreira.mv.com> wrote in message

> Ambassador...@hotmail.com (Koos Nolst Trenite) said:
>

> > As I had to explain elsewhere(2) to someone, you don't stop being
> > alive and you don't stop being active 'for the music.' That would be
> > reversing the purpose and intention of the music. The music is there
> > solely to make you more alive and more creative by yourself and as
> > yourself.
>
> As a musician myself, I'll say that if I do music for any purpose but
> the music itself, I'm not doing music but something else. Music
> doesn't need anything else to be.
>
> Alberto.

Then what is the "doing music for itself" motivation ? I have played piano,
guitar and saxophone for many years and I have never fathomed why I do it
except for the love of music itself. But what is that love of music ? What
is the motivational aspect behind loving music ? Music has evolved from the
sounds of nature and the longings in our hearts. It expresses our emotional
content, especially our love. It is a creative aspect much the same as how a
creative aspect has been expressed from the Absolute which has become this
manifest reality. Music is expressed by our animation factor simply enjoying
itself. Enjoying the love, the pain, the sorrow. Music is an expression of
the enjoyment of reality by our very essence.

Nanser

Oct 25, 2002, 3:11:56 PM10/25/02

Could it simply be the vibrations and activity in our brain is effected
by the music, which brings about different emotions? We are brain-driven
chemically complex creatures. Music can break glass as well as whip us
up into a frenzy. Sounds of nature soothe us. Interesting topic.

--
"Say your opinion but don’t say it so loud that you are unable to hear
others."

Robert Epstein

Oct 25, 2002, 11:18:58 PM10/25/02

Alberto Moreira wrote:

>Ambassador...@hotmail.com (Koos Nolst Trenite) said:
>

>>As I had to explain elsewhere(2) to someone, you don't stop being
>>alive and you don't stop being active 'for the music.' That would be
>>reversing the purpose and intention of the music. The music is there
>>solely to make you more alive and more creative by yourself and as
>>yourself.
>>

>As a musician myself, I'll say that if I do music for any purpose but
>the music itself, I'm not doing music but something else. Music
>doesn't need anything else to be.
>
>Alberto.

hello, alt.music person.

robert

Robert Epstein

Oct 25, 2002, 11:22:08 PM10/25/02

Jen wrote:

and THAT is what happens, Alberto, when you cross-post to alt. zen!

robert

Jen

Oct 27, 2002, 12:43:15 AM10/27/02

> "Jen" <ish...@netzero.net> said:
>

> >Then what is the "doing music for itself" motivation ? I have played
piano,
> >guitar and saxophone for many years and I have never fathomed why I do it
> >except for the love of music itself. But what is that love of music ?
What
> >is the motivational aspect behind loving music ? Music has evolved from
the
> >sounds of nature and the longings in our hearts. It expresses our
emotional
> >content, especially our love. It is a creative aspect much the same as
how a
> >creative aspect has been expressed from the Absolute which has become
this
> >manifest reality. Music is expressed by our animation factor simply
enjoying
> >itself. Enjoying the love, the pain, the sorrow. Music is an expression
of
> >the enjoyment of reality by our very essence.
>
> Actually, I don't see music at that light, not at all. Music to me
> transcends emotion, enjoyment and reality. It's a pure thing, it
> exists in its own plane.
>

> Alberto.

Music existing in its own plane is what Dylan said once. He said that he
didn't think that he wrote any songs but just "tuned-in" to them somewhere
in the cosmos. Music can exist on its own plane and still result in an
enjoyment or emotional factor for the autonomous psychosomatic apparatus
that we believe ourselves to be when using the limited senses of this
physical form. This limitation in flesh and bone feels the essence of music
from music's own plane and the resulting reactions or responses can
ultimately be emotion or enjoyment.

Jen

Oct 27, 2002, 12:52:50 AM10/27/02

"Nanser" <anapp...@thisisfake.com> wrote in message
We, as autonomous psychosomatic emotional addicts , vibrate at frequencies
that are music themselves. We are merely expressing with voice and
instruments our true inner nature which we can overlook consciously, but
never overlook creatively.

Koos Nolst Trenite

Oct 29, 2002, 2:15:27 AM10/29/02
'No greater the fool than the person who knows not that
he knows too little.'

Koos Nolst Trenite - the poet

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3b6f518d.0210210300.2054407b%40posting.google.com&oe=utf-8&output=gplain