Bloomfield, CT TV News: all students in 5th grade and up to shower after gym class

sallyje...@yahoo.com

Apr 8, 2006, 7:57:26 PM4/8/06
September 12, 1996 10:00pm;
NETWORK: Ind
MEDIUM: Television
LENGTH: 1560 words

NEWS TRANSCRIPT BODY:
9.12 Showers in School In Bloomfield, Schoolboard meeting upheld
showering policy. Students are required to shower after gym class for
grades 5 and up. I; Val Young, upset parent, her daughter is
uncomfortable showering in school, and mother won't make her. V; Shower
areas for boys and for girls. 9.56
-05:02 >The Bloomfield Bd. of Education has ordered all students in 5th
grade and up to shower after gym class. V; Bloomfield schools showers;
I; Val Young, Upset Parent, says that he daughter isn't comfortable
washing up in front of people. I; Delores Bolton, Principal, her job is
to assist in educating the entire child. Doug Greene reporting. -07:49

See also:

http://www.bloomfieldschools.org/page.cfm?p=1433

Marsketa

Apr 13, 2006, 6:03:44 PM4/13/06
Personally I wouldn't be comfortable sitting in class next to somebody
who didn't shower after Gym class!
Marsketa

CasaBlancaHotSpring

Apr 13, 2006, 6:09:26 PM4/13/06

Dear Sally,

YEA! and YEA! about the articles from Bloomfield, Connecticut and St.
Petersburg, Florida.

It's about time!

Body phobia is UNhealthy.

In Hot Water (and nude),

Bill

> 9.12 Showers in School In Bloomfield, Schoolboard meeting upheld
> showering policy. Students are required to shower after gym class for
> grades 5 and up. I; Val Young, upset parent, her daughter is
> uncomfortable showering in school, and mother won't make her. V; Shower
> areas for boys and for girls. 9.56
> -05:02 >The Bloomfield Bd. of Education has ordered all students in 5th
> grade and up to shower after gym class. V; Bloomfield schools showers;
> I; Val Young, Upset Parent, says that he daughter isn't comfortable
> washing up in front of people. I; Delores Bolton, Principal, her job is

> to assist in educating the entire child. Doug Greene reporting. -07:49.
>

> See also:
>
> http://www.bloomfieldschools.org/page.cfm?p=1433

CasaBlancaHotSpring

Apr 13, 2006, 6:09:31 PM4/13/06