Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Alternatives to Waterbeds

115 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Pete Holsberg

não lida,
12 de nov. de 2000, 03:00:0012/11/2000
para
If you've ever slept in a waterbed for some years, but no
longer do, what do you have now? How does it compare?

Thanks.

pangl...@my-deja.com

não lida,
13 de nov. de 2000, 03:00:0013/11/2000
para
In article <8umfla$m7o$2...@lawrenceville.mccc.edu>,

p...@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) wrote:
> If you've ever slept in a waterbed for some years, but no
> longer do, what do you have now? How does it compare?

We had a waterbed for 13 years. We switched to one of those
adjustable air-mattress beds because I was developing some
minor back problems, and my physician suggested changing.

Overall, I like it just fine. The thing I miss is the nice
even heat that the waterbed heater provided. The thing I
don't miss is the cats putting little holes in the waterbed
mattress in the middle of the night and waking up to a damp
spot. ;)

I wouldn't get one of those airbeds if it didn't have the
dual firmness control, though. I suspect most couples don't
have exactly the same preferred firmness.

-- Pangloss

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fuzzy Logic

não lida,
14 de nov. de 2000, 03:00:0014/11/2000
para
[posted and mailed]

p...@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) wrote in <8umfla$m7o$2...@lawrenceville.mccc.edu>:

>If you've ever slept in a waterbed for some years, but no
>longer do, what do you have now? How does it compare?

I slept on a waterbed for at least 20 years. I have recently moved to a new
place and bed. I now have a kingsize foam mattress and for the most part I am
quite happy with it. It's made of 2 kinds of foam (5" of your standard type
foam and 3" of memory foam). Spacious and no disturbing your partner.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Fuzzy Logic http://www.arc.ab.ca/staff/erkamp/

Pete Holsberg

não lida,
14 de nov. de 2000, 03:00:0014/11/2000
para Fuzzy Logic
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Fuzzy Logic wrote:

> [posted and mailed]
>
> p...@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) wrote in <8umfla$m7o$2...@lawrenceville.mccc.edu>:
>
> >If you've ever slept in a waterbed for some years, but
> >no longer do, what do you have now? How does it compare?
>
> I slept on a waterbed for at least 20 years. I have
> recently moved to a new place and bed. I now have a
> kingsize foam mattress and for the most part I am quite
> happy with it. It's made of 2 kinds of foam (5" of your
> standard type foam and 3" of memory foam). Spacious and
> no disturbing your partner.

What's "memory foam"?

Don't you miss a warm bed in the winter?

Thansk,
Pete

sh...@ecn.ab.ca

pangl...@my-deja.com wrote:
: In article <8umfla$m7o$2...@lawrenceville.mccc.edu>,
: p...@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) wrote:
: > If you've ever slept in a waterbed for some years, but no

: > longer do, what do you have now? How does it compare?

: We had a waterbed for 13 years. We switched to one of those

: adjustable air-mattress beds because I was developing some
: minor back problems, and my physician suggested changing.

: Overall, I like it just fine. The thing I miss is the nice
: even heat that the waterbed heater provided. The thing I
: don't miss is the cats putting little holes in the waterbed
: mattress in the middle of the night and waking up to a damp
: spot. ;)

Lots of us, at times, wake up in a "damp" spot and we don't have water
beds, either!!!!!!

: I wouldn't get one of those airbeds if it didn't have the

: dual firmness control, though. I suspect most couples don't
: have exactly the same preferred firmness.

: -- Pangloss

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Before you buy.

--

Curly Sue

não lida,
17 de nov. de 2000, 03:00:0017/11/2000
para
On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:27:58 -0500, Pete Holsberg <p...@mccc.edu>
wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Fuzzy Logic wrote:
>
>> [posted and mailed]
>>
>> p...@mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) wrote in <8umfla$m7o$2...@lawrenceville.mccc.edu>:
>>

>> >If you've ever slept in a waterbed for some years, but
>> >no longer do, what do you have now? How does it compare?
>>

>> I slept on a waterbed for at least 20 years. I have
>> recently moved to a new place and bed. I now have a
>> kingsize foam mattress and for the most part I am quite
>> happy with it. It's made of 2 kinds of foam (5" of your
>> standard type foam and 3" of memory foam). Spacious and
>> no disturbing your partner.
>
>What's "memory foam"?
>
>Don't you miss a warm bed in the winter?

Use an electric blanket. Turn it on 15 min before you go to bed, then
turn it off when you go to sleep.

Sue(tm)

sue at interport dotnet

0 nova mensagem