Re: "Expect Massive Layoffs In 2009", say top economists. Let's see if Obama pushes amnesty for ILLEGAL ALIENS in spite of this.

hp...@lycos.com

Jan 29, 2009, 5:53:09 AM1/29/09
On Jan 28, 8:42 pm, jimj122...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Story:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090128/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy
>
> The U.S. economy is tanking and most economist expect massive layoffs
> in the coming 12 months.  Will Obama still push amnesty for his
> beloved ILLEGAL ALIENS (ie. border jumping, job stealing, welfare
> leeches)?
>
> ###

I would expect 'Bama to tiptoe around the subject until, if ever, the
economy revives.
There is tremendous pressure from touchy-feely organizations plus the
old whores
at The National Chamber of Commerce of the USA. Anything for votes or
increased
profits.

mitch

http://www.numbersusa.com/ Numbers USA

Vito

Jan 29, 2009, 8:07:52 AM1/29/09
<hp...@lycos.com> wrote

jimj122...@yahoo.com wrote:

>> The U.S. economy is tanking and most economist expect massive layoffs
>> in the coming 12 months. Will Obama still push amnesty for his
>> beloved ILLEGAL ALIENS (......

>There is tremendous pressure from touchy-feely organizations plus the
>old whores at The National Chamber of Commerce of the USA. Anything >for
>votes or increased profits.

Don't forget parishioners and donations. When they tried to pass a law
against hiring illegals in Brevard Co. Florida, the biggest opponant was the
Catholic Church.

Raymond O'Hara

Jan 29, 2009, 8:59:07 AM1/29/09

<hp...@lycos.com> wrote in message

mitch

http://www.numbersusa.com/ Numbers USA

the repubs and bush had 8 years to do something but wall street loves the
illegals, they depress wages and increase profits and all those rich folk
need someone to cut the greass.

.

Jan 29, 2009, 9:30:05 AM1/29/09
On Jan 29, 5:59�am, "Raymond O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> the repubs and bush had 8 years to do something but wall street loves the
> illegals, they depress wages and increase profits and all those rich folk
> need someone to cut the greass.

"Greass", you say? You must be a city dweller.

I live in California's central valley, where everybody *knows* that
80% of the agricultural work force is illegal aliens from Mexico and
central America.

Agriculture is 50% of California's economy and the filthy rich farmers
of the Western Growers Association owe their lavish lifestyles to the
sweating Mexicans laboring (and sometimes dying) in the hot summer
sun.

The farmers are not going to let go of their Mexicans willingly, they
want them to stay, even if it means that American-American ag workers
have no jobs.

The central valley farmers didn't want Negros living and working in
the valley, so
the only place you ever see a Black person is in one of the larger
towns.

As a matter of fact, when California became a state before the Civil
War, the
state government didn't allow any Negros to enter the state, they
didn't want slavery to become established here.

But there was already a group of people who were de facto slaves. They
were the
Mexican peasants, an ignorant, superstitious, and impoverished bunch,
who were willing to live and work on the farmer's land, just to have a
place to stay and something to eat.

If you ever read John Steinbeck's "Grapes of Wrath", be aware that
it's a true story about what happened during the Great Depression,
when the Mexican laborers were sent back to Mexico (with the
cooperation of the Mexican consulates in the southwestern states) in
order to free up jobs for American-Americans.

The Western Growers Association plastered the impoverished Dust Bowl
with flyers advertising ag jobs to the dead broke share croppers
there.

So they came to California's central valley to pick fruit and nuts. As
soon as the WGA farmers had a desperate ag force living in the shacks
that had previously been inhabited by Mexicans, they started cutting
the piece rate, and they organized vigilante groups against the "reds"
who were attempting to organize and unionize the pickers.

Steinbeck's *other* book about the situation is called "In Dubious
Battle", and it depicts what happened to union organizer around
Watsonville. That book also ends violently.

What Steinbeck wrote about occurred 70+ years ago, but, what has
happened before will happen again, unless the state and federal
governments do something to stabilize the situation.

It's easier for the governments to give the Mexicans amnesty and get
them to pay a small fine and select the year that they want to pay
taxes for, rather than to get American-Americans trained to do ag work
or to bring Negros from the slums of Detroit, Baltimore or Cleveland
to do the jobs that Mexicans are doing now.

Long Ranger

Jan 30, 2009, 12:07:28 AM1/30/09

It's easier for the governments to give the Mexicans amnesty and get
them to pay a small fine and select the year that they want to pay
taxes for, rather than to get American-Americans trained to do ag work
or to bring Negros from the slums of Detroit, Baltimore or Cleveland
to do the jobs that Mexicans are doing now.

So, you don't buy the theory that we started paying our own people, and
especially blacks, to stay home and live on welfare? Take a look at the rise
of the welfare state, and you will notice that Mexican immigration follows
right on it's heels, especially from the 1950s onward. Liberal social policy
debased our native work force, and the only place to get cheap labor was
Mexico. Or am I missing something?

.

Jan 30, 2009, 12:37:46 AM1/30/09
On Jan 29, 9:07 pm, "Long Ranger" <worpylorpk...@comcast.net> wrote:

> So, you don't buy the theory that we started paying our own people, and
> especially blacks, to stay home and live on welfare? Take a look at the rise
> of the welfare state, and you will notice that Mexican immigration follows
> right on it's heels, especially from the 1950s onward. Liberal social policy
> debased our native work force, and the only place to get cheap labor was
> Mexico. Or am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing the larger history of Mexican illegal immigration.

Mexicans living on Spanish/Mexican land grants in the ceded
territories after the War with Mexico were poor managers. They were
illiterate and proud of that fact, because it proved that they were
*Old Christians*, not Jew or Muslims who had converted to Roman
Catholicism in the mid-16th century.

The Mexicans failed to register their land grant paperwork with the
territorial governments and the cow hide and tallow market also
collapsed, so they had no way of paying their taxes to the state
governments.

The Mexicans who didn't give up and return to Mexico gradually died
off in the next half century after the War with Mexico.

In the interim, California growers brought in Chinese and Japanese
peasants to
farm their land, but this was undesireable to White agricultural
workers who thought that California was going to be overrun with
Asians.

The cheap Mexican farm labor began flooding into the southwestern USA
about 1915, during the power struggle between Mexican political
leaders after the last revolution, the one that brought the
Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) to power.

There was also an infuenza epidemic and famine in Mexico. I know an 80
year old Mexican man whose parents *walked* from Sonora to central
California in the early part of the 20th century to get jobs picking
fruit.

He picked fruit with them until the Great Depression, when Mexicans
were repatriated (with the consent of the Mexican consulates under the
aegis of an organization called the Comision Honorifica) in order to
open up jobs for Americans.

He and his family were among those who stayed in California by moving
to the barrios of East Los Angeles and working as laborers.

During WW2, there were 16 million Americans in uniform, so America
started the Bracero program to bring in contract temporary farm
laborers. But some of the Mexicans didn't want to live on the farms as
they were contracted to do, they snuck away to the towns and found
humble jobs as they could.

The Mexicans complained, "We're good enough to work in your fields,
but not good enough to live in your towns."

Gradually the Mexican population built up and the ex-GI's who had
worked on farms before WW2 didn't go back to their old jobs, they took
factory jobs and lived in the larger towns.

Long Ranger

Jan 30, 2009, 1:08:09 AM1/30/09

"." <Rhia...@gmail.com> wrote in message