Cataract surgery... DO NOT WIGGLE YOUR EYE!

phil scott

Mar 1, 2011, 10:28:14 PM3/1/11
With cataract surgery you have several choices.. a tiny little zoloft
pill or whatever ....you can take it or leave it... and a hypnotic IV
injection, to turn you in to a double zombi.. or you can rough it...
and you get to be sharp as a tack when he jams a big fat needle into
yer eye, right through the pupil from what i could tell.. then uses a
device that sounds like a dremel drill to roto root out yer old
eyeball lens that sits deep in the eyball, maybe half an inch in,

I chose the latter, and a light dose, 20% dose of the hypnotic, no
pill.

they strapped me onto the sit up/ fold flat barbers chair thing with
my hands tied down so I couldnt fight back.... and then the doc
hovered over my face and said... 'stop moving yer eye'

then bam a heavy mashing on my eye with a bright light...and some
fussing around as he penetrated to the very strong but thin sack that
holds the old beater lens... and shot some sort liquid in there so he
could break the lens apart from the sack,,,

then fired up the hammer drill, but he said it was an ulta sonic
probe.and that my cataract was very thick...

probably from all that stress of dealing with various posers and conn
artists all these years in the engineering business, 3/4 of them can't
even do basic arithmetic, let alone algebra these days

. It must have taken him 10 minutes to jack hammer the old lens into
pieces and another 10 minutes to suck it all out through the fat
needle apparatus,

and he keeps telling you to quit moving your eye ball, (I was just
trying to get a look at that the hammer drill thing is all) but all I
could see was three bright lights like you see when you die only three
of them.

then he makes a tiny incisison deep into the side of the eyball,
maybe a 3/8" in, 2 to 4mm incision which I didnt notice...

and pokes a plastic sack full of fluid and the new lense, football
shaped, about a quarter inch long, into the slot and into whats left
of the old lens sack...leaving you with the top part of the lens sack
cut way for good, but the ligaments attached to the side for squeezing
the new lens so you can focus... and he's done. takes 20 min or so.

If you do it without sedation your eye stays in non inflamed mode for
an hour or so ...you can instantly check it out when he's done,,, I
looked at a few magazines, the size 8 print was clear as a bell and
the whites were brilliant white, and my other eye by comparison was
way darker, something like a heavy coffee stain and now way can read
anything other than 14 or 16 size type... the bright blue bag of eye
drops he gave me looked dull grey and faint brown with the cataract
eye, and brilliant blue with the fixed eye,

The next day the surgery eye was all blurry but very bright as the
heavy noninflamtory drugs wore off , its about 30% better now, and
should be clear as bell over the next week or two.

You have to put antibiotic drops, and anti inflamation drops in it ,
various combinations, 4 times a day for a few weeks..

he REFUSED to let me use preparation H in it, . he was very strict
about that and trying so see the little jack hammer thing,, its a
trade secret maybe,

Now looking around the starbucks, the laptop screen is glarring white
I can't see the typing, but looking around the room I can see the
furniture and the people not so bad. about twice as good as 10 hours
ago. the only reason I can type is that the other eye still works
pretty good, but coffee stained.

He said it was partial protiens that had filled the old lens, but
didnt seem to be aware of the amyloid situation...(partical protiens
Ive been posting about also causes alzheimers.).

He said he would do the other eye in a few weeks as long as I promised
not to try and get a look the needle / jack hammer thing while he was
poking it around..
maybe I can stall him next time just before he jams it into the other
eye and get a look at it.

I will let you know how that goes,,

Phil scott

RicodJour

Mar 3, 2011, 7:24:38 PM3/3/11
On Mar 1, 10:28 pm, phil scott <p...@philscott.net> wrote:

> Now looking around the starbucks, the laptop screen is glarring white
> I can't see the typing, but looking around the room I can see the
> furniture and the people not so bad. about twice as good as 10 hours
> ago.  the only reason I can type is that the other eye still works
> pretty good, but coffee stained.

Starbucks...? Hmmm, I think I know why your eyes are/were coffee-
stained, Phil. Try to cut back to ten or fifteen cups a day, and not
Grandes. ;) Oh, lest you misinterpret that - that emoticon is a
wink, not a representation of your one good eye!

sf

Mar 9, 2011, 4:06:21 AM3/9/11
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:28:14 -0800 (PST), phil scott
<ph...@philscott.net> wrote:

> they strapped me onto the sit up/ fold flat barbers chair thing with
> my hands tied down so I couldnt fight back.... and then the doc
> hovered over my face and said... 'stop moving yer eye'

That's total BS.

bob haller

Mar 9, 2011, 7:00:10 AM3/9/11
On Mar 9, 4:06 am, sf <s...@geemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:28:14 -0800 (PST), phil scott

> > they strapped me onto the sit up/ fold flat barbers chair thing with
> > my hands tied down so I couldnt fight back.... and then the doc
> > hovered over my face and said... 'stop moving yer eye'
>
> That's total BS.
>
> --
>
> Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

i believe they give you paralytic drugs, they couldnt depend on
someone not moving.

i have a friend scheduled for catract surgery he has talked to people
that have gone thru it,
30 minute procedure, no pain no fuss, just take it easy for a few
day / week...