Don't have a phone, but want to make several long-distance calls

gggg...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2018, 7:29:16 PM8/7/18
Is there a way of doing that?

Should I buy a phone card and a 7-11 convenience store and then use a pay phone that accepts phone cards?

Any other alternatives?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Aug 7, 2018, 8:18:53 PM8/7/18
On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 6:29:16 PM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a way of doing that?
>
> Should I buy a phone card and a 7-11 convenience store and then use a pay phone that accepts phone cards?

I haven't seen a pay phone in years. You'll have to buy a TracFone and
activate it and buy a phone card for it. If you don't I don't know how
you'll make those phone calls.

> Any other alternatives?

Only other alternative is ask a friend if you can use their phone for all
those calls you need to make.

catalpa

Aug 7, 2018, 9:26:14 PM8/7/18

<gggg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Get a headset and use Skype.

tra...@optonline.net

Aug 9, 2018, 12:26:33 AM8/9/18
That would work. You don't need a pay phone that accepts phone cards, any phone or any pay phone should work. The phone calling cards have a toll free or local number you call, enter your card code, then you dial your long distance call. Look around, including online for the best rate cards.

tb

Aug 9, 2018, 12:44:23 PM8/9/18
I recommend CallingMart for buying calling cards:

<http://www.callingmart.com/products/callingcards/default>

--
tb

Dennis

Aug 9, 2018, 3:41:10 PM8/9/18
On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 16:29:14 -0700 (PDT), gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

>Is there a way of doing that?
>
>Should I buy a phone card and a 7-11 convenience store and then use a pay phone that accepts phone cards?

Pro tip: it is not necessary to buy the entire convenience store -
just the phone card should suffice.

Dennis (evil)

The Real Bev

Aug 9, 2018, 6:13:46 PM8/9/18
On 08/09/2018 12:41 PM, Dennis wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 16:29:14 -0700 (PDT), gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Is there a way of doing that?
>>
>>Should I buy a phone card and a 7-11 convenience store and then use a pay phone that accepts phone cards?
>
> Pro tip: it is not necessary to buy the entire convenience store -
> just the phone card should suffice.

:-)

There's also google hangouts and google dialer to make wifi calls with
your android phone using your free google number. You can call normal
phones, not just people with hangouts installed.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I won't allow the half of Americans who pay no taxes to bear the burden

gggg...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2019, 11:01:00 AM10/9/19
Because I don't have a phone, I am having problems creating an email account.

Are there any email providers that don't ask for a phone #?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Oct 9, 2019, 6:51:09 PM10/9/19
On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 10:01:00 AM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Are there any email providers that don't ask for a phone #?

Why don't you have a phone?

Beaver...@live.com

Oct 9, 2019, 7:35:58 PM10/9/19
Probably.

Every once in awhile I know someone who sells bulk gmail accounts.

gggg...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2019, 1:04:07 AM10/10/19
It's because I'm a frugal consumer.

Although I sometimes feel like a dinosaur.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Oct 10, 2019, 1:17:47 AM10/10/19
You can be frugal with a cell phone but no need to be a miser. Smart phones
can be bought with 1500 minutes talk and text time for around $100. I'm not a
cell phone user by anyone's imagination but I upgraded to a smart phone last
year and renewed my service contract back at the first of September for $49.95
plus tax and still have over 1500 minutes remaining on my phone.

gggg...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2019, 1:33:37 AM10/10/19
You're a good salesperson.

gggg...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2019, 12:09:20 PM10/10/19
I certainly know who to go to the next time I want to buy a white elephant.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Oct 10, 2019, 2:27:57 PM10/10/19
No, I just know there are options out there instead of paying a monthly bill
to a provider when a cell phone is rarely used. I did LOTS of research before
ever buying a cell phone many years ago. I had a bit over 300 minutes from
my other cell phone that rolled over into the account of the new smart phone
last year. I turn my cell phone on the average of once a month.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Oct 10, 2019, 2:34:18 PM10/10/19
On Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 11:09:20 AM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> I certainly know who to go to the next time I want to buy a white elephant.

I'm not trying to talk you into anything; I'm letting you know there are options
for cell phones other than a monthly contract with a landline provider such as
AT&T or Verizon. You're the one who has no phone but then want to know how to
set up an e-mail account without a phone.

I guess when you need an ambulance or a fire truck or the police you'll
just lean out the window and scream for one.

People try to help you but evidently we're not giving you the answers you seem
to want. My job is done here; do your own research and solve your problem
by yourself.

Whoey Louie

Oct 12, 2019, 10:21:46 PM10/12/19
A problem with getting an answer to that is that most people have email
accounts for a long time and won't remember what info was required when
they signed up and it may have changed since then. You might get lucky
and someone who doesn't have a phone can tell you what email they use.
Hard to imagine living without any phone today. If you want low cost
VOIP, Ooma is only ~$5 a month, unlimited calls. it's "free', the $5 is
regulatory fees, taxes, etc. You do have to buy
the VOIP box, which you can find on Ebay used for less than $50, used,
last time I looked.

gggg...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2019, 9:45:41 PM10/13/19
On Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 1:29:16 PM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
Concerning the following free email providers, has anyone tried any of the lesser known ones?:

https://www.technobezz.com/best-free-email-providers/