Lifting a person

1 view

aesthete8

Dec 1, 2009, 11:20:13 PM12/1/09
On tv, there is an advertisement for these straps that you put under
whatever you want to lift and--voila!--2 persons can lift the heaviest
thing.

Could that be adapted to transporting a person?

sr

Dec 2, 2009, 2:13:40 AM12/2/09

"aesthete8" <art...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Remember when we were kids how be laced your fingers or arms together to
make a human chair?
Caregiver and I did that to get a lady down the steps.
She didn't weight that much, however

Rod Speed

Dec 2, 2009, 3:34:41 AM12/2/09
aesthete8 wrote

> On tv, there is an advertisement for these straps that you put under
> whatever you want to lift and--voila!--2 persons can lift the heaviest thing.

Try lifting a 747 that way. It doesnt work.

> Could that be adapted to transporting a person?

Nope.

Gregory

Dec 2, 2009, 10:40:50 AM12/2/09
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:20:13 -0800 (PST), aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Sounds like you're describing the "forearm forklift". I suppose such
straps could be adapted to lift any reasonable thing, but a person is
a little wiggly compared to a refrigerator. They could be hard to
manage, and the straps are certainly not made for that use.

Maybe you could put the person IN a refrigerator...

Gregory

Dan Birchall

Dec 5, 2009, 11:54:02 PM12/5/09

You don't need the straps for two people to carry a person. If you
take a First Aid course, or the more advanced First Responder course,
or search Google, you can learn about two-person carries.

--
"If you like to stand on your head and spit pickles in the snow, on the
Internet there are at least three other people just like you."

aesthete8

Dec 7, 2009, 10:43:24 PM12/7/09
On Dec 5, 6:54 pm, Dan Birchall <nob...@imaginary-

Is this what you mean?:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5413_carry-injured-person.html

jeff

Dec 10, 2009, 3:34:50 PM12/10/09

There's techniques and also a device you can wear to ease movement.
Google around. I've seen petite nursing aids move large people.

In reality, modern wheel chairs have fold down sides, you slide the
individual onto the chair and wheel them off. If you need to care for
someone who can not move, a modern chair is essential.

Jeff

Message has been deleted