Does Wisdom give you a Belly?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 28, 2011, 4:45:16 PM4/28/11
After launching my Beach Cruiser Philosophy --slowly but surely-- my
levels of energy are noticeably better, my tan is there, but a belly --
more properly "love handles"-- have begun to appear. I thought it
would only affect those who, like Buddha, sat on their ass, but the
reality of riding slowly is starting to show.

Do I need to use my spinning bike sitting at home or is a belly normal
part of wisdom? Einstein --whose wisdom inspires me-- had a belly too
and said this about the Theory of Relativity, "I thought about it
while riding a bike." He also had a wisdom to live by, "Life is like
riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving"...

http://practicalcyclist.blogspot.com/2008/06/einstein-and-bicycles.html

NOTE: I have three active mice doing the wheel, but only one is fat.
It must be the genes. WELL, THE POINT IS... YOU GOT TO KEEP MOVING!

bosco

Apr 29, 2011, 1:56:11 AM4/29/11
On 2011-04-28 14:45:16 -0600, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the
Beach Cruiser Philosopher" <comandan...@yahoo.com> said:

> http://practicalcyclist.blogspot.com/2008/06/einstein-and-bicycles.html

Well being farther down the line than you are, I think you have a
couple of things going on. Your appetite has not decreased, though your
daily calorie output has. You are slowly losing muscle mass, so there
is less muscle to burn those carbs up without actively doing something.
ymmv of course.

ben

Harry Brogan

Apr 29, 2011, 6:18:19 AM4/29/11
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:56:11 -0600, bosco <bosco...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Why do you waste your time responding to this TROLL? It's pieces of
shit like these that have destroyed A.R.B.R. among other groups.
TRASH such as this cannot survive on the moderated forums where most
of the DECENT people have moved.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 29, 2011, 9:36:41 AM4/29/11
On Apr 29, 1:56 am, bosco <boscopel...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 2011-04-28 14:45:16 -0600, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the
> Beach Cruiser Philosopher" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> said:
>
> >http://practicalcyclist.blogspot.com/2008/06/einstein-and-bicycles.html
>
> Well being farther down the line than you are, I think you have a
> couple of things going on. Your appetite has not decreased, though your
> daily calorie output has. You are slowly losing muscle mass, so there
> is less muscle to burn those carbs up without actively doing something.
> ymmv of course.

Well, I guess only a hard workout will work. There's a sand trail
further down that I need to do and that's hardcore --but hot.

Either that or the spinning bike.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 29, 2011, 9:38:22 AM4/29/11
On Apr 29, 6:18 am, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:56:11 -0600, bosco <boscopel...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> >On 2011-04-28 14:45:16 -0600, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the
> >Beach Cruiser Philosopher" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> said:
>
> >>http://practicalcyclist.blogspot.com/2008/06/einstein-and-bicycles.html
>
> >Well being farther down the line than you are, I think you have a
> >couple of things going on. Your appetite has not decreased, though your
> >daily calorie output has. You are slowly losing muscle mass, so there
> >is less muscle to burn those carbs up without actively doing something.
> >ymmv of course.
>
> >ben
>
> Why do you waste your time responding to this TROLL?  It's pieces of
> shit like these that have destroyed A.R.B.R. among other groups.
> TRASH such as this cannot survive on the moderated forums where most
> of the DECENT people have moved.

Yeah you want to entertain yourself without fixing the larger picture.
You are totally insignificant in a world where people is judged by the
SIZE OF THE VEHICLE.

Mike A Schwab

Apr 29, 2011, 10:23:46 AM4/29/11

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Apr 29, 2011, 6:22:26 PM4/29/11
On 4/29/2011 5:18 AM, Harry Brogan complained:

Moderated forums are boring.

POST FREE OR DIE!

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Edward Dolan

Apr 29, 2011, 7:35:31 PM4/29/11
"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$southslope.net"> wrote in
message news:ipfdn1$qoe$1...@dont-email.me...

> On 4/29/2011 5:18 AM, Harry Brogan complained:
[...]

>> Why do you waste your time responding to this TROLL? It's pieces of
>> shit like these that have destroyed A.R.B.R. among other groups.
>> TRASH such as this cannot survive on the moderated forums where most
>> of the DECENT people have moved.
>
> Moderated forums are boring.
>
> POST FREE OR DIE!

On the other hand, unmoderated forums are only good for one thing ...
kicking ass! This will result in someone having a sore ass and someone else
having a sore foot.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Harry Brogan

Apr 29, 2011, 8:50:33 PM4/29/11
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:35:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

>"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$southslope.net"> wrote in
>message news:ipfdn1$qoe$1...@dont-email.me...
>> On 4/29/2011 5:18 AM, Harry Brogan complained:
>[...]
>>> Why do you waste your time responding to this TROLL? It's pieces of
>>> shit like these that have destroyed A.R.B.R. among other groups.
>>> TRASH such as this cannot survive on the moderated forums where most
>>> of the DECENT people have moved.
>>
>> Moderated forums are boring.
>>
>> POST FREE OR DIE!
>
>On the other hand, unmoderated forums are only good for one thing ...
>kicking ass! This will result in someone having a sore ass and someone else
>having a sore foot.

Certainly tru Ed!!!! I would disagree with that comment I see about
"moderated forums being boring"........Why would that be I wonder?
Boring for those that are unable to continually post dribble I would
bet.....

Don Klipstein

Apr 29, 2011, 9:19:33 PM4/29/11
In art. <6e89a$4dbb4b06$d8106f5c$30...@KNOLOGY.NET>, Edward Dolan wrote:
>"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$southslope.net"> wrote in
>message news:ipfdn1$qoe$1...@dont-email.me...
>> On 4/29/2011 5:18 AM, Harry Brogan complained:
>[...]
>>> Why do you waste your time responding to this TROLL? It's pieces of
>>> shit like these that have destroyed A.R.B.R. among other groups.
>>> TRASH such as this cannot survive on the moderated forums where most
>>> of the DECENT people have moved.
>>
>> Moderated forums are boring.
>>
>> POST FREE OR DIE!
>
>On the other hand, unmoderated forums are only good for one thing ...
>kicking ass! This will result in someone having a sore ass and someone
>else having a sore foot.

Have a look at 3 unmoderated Usenet newsgroups - 2 high traffic
ones that "work fairly well", and a lower volume one that is outright
98% genteel.

sci.electronics.design
(has excessive political OT stuff and a couple loons and a few
semi-loons)

alt.home.repair
(gets a little bit of sore asses and sore feet and some excess OT
stuff)

sci.engr.lighting
(Traffic is on the low side, but can you believe this genteel forum
could possibly be an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup?)

--
- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Don Klipstein

Apr 29, 2011, 9:24:27 PM4/29/11
In <076430ea-5931-457d...@r20g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

How would the sand trail work with the most cooling clothes possible?
Maybe a Greek style exomis?

IIRC, you sound like you're close to a beach. If you can't work out
with a bike, then how about some modification of jogging to have half of
your body underwater? What about swimming?

Edward Dolan

Apr 29, 2011, 9:28:23 PM4/29/11
"Harry Brogan" <hbro...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
[...]

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:35:31 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net>
> wrote:
[...]

>>On the other hand, unmoderated forums are only good for one thing ...
>>kicking ass! This will result in someone having a sore ass and someone
>>else
>>having a sore foot.
>
> Certainly tru Ed!!!! I would disagree with that comment I see about
> "moderated forums being boring"........Why would that be I wonder?
> Boring for those that are unable to continually post dribble I would
> bet.....

The trouble with a moderated forum is that it depends on the excellence of
the moderator. Frankly, it is lot of work to do that and almost no one will
ever want to do it. Only fully staffed websites are capable of it.

Such forums tend to be boring because almost nothing of a controversial
nature can be said without someone taking offense. As a result everyone says
only the most innocuous things. I think one of the main virtues of the
Internet is that the common man gets an opportunity to say whatever he wants
without being subject to an editor. However, this often means that the
lowest common denominator prevails. The secret is never to take an
unmoderated forum seriously. Just have fun and enjoy!

Don Klipstein

Apr 29, 2011, 9:35:35 PM4/29/11
In <56a6bc72-7121-49ad...@p23g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
Mike A Schwab wrote:

Widely blamed, though the anti-carbers like to say fructose is bad for
the same reasons that calories other than carbs are supposed to be OK.
Except when they mention a metabolism pathway for fructose and fail to
mention non-carb calories have a similar metabolic pathway (excess
calories in any form get converted to triglycerides).

I would be hawkish against excessive calories, especially "empty
calories" of all kinds, including but not only sugar and HFCS. That
includes mayonnaise, which is mostly vegetable oil. Most mayo has even
higher calorie density than sugtar has.

bosco

Apr 30, 2011, 1:32:24 AM4/30/11
On 2011-04-29 18:50:33 -0600, Harry Brogan
<hbro...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com> said:

From my perspective, "Why do you waste your time..." was by far more
inciting than what the supposed Troll posted. It may tend to make
people who may post something on topic, not post because they do not
want to be flamed or accused of being a Troll.

ben

Harry Brogan

Apr 30, 2011, 5:15:31 AM4/30/11
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:28:23 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

True Ed. I NEVER take anything the comes from Tom Sherman
serious.....

moronsbegone

May 12, 2011, 10:49:20 AM5/12/11
Moderated groups is just another avenue to give some control
freak moron a place to spew his venomous moral and religios
beleifs on the general public, they all have control issues and
of course I have issues with them.

--
May You reep the poverrty You have Voted for.