Semi-OT: "35 bad home habits you need to stop right now"

leno...@yahoo.com

Mar 7, 2020, 3:48:59 PM3/7/20
I hope and pray that if nothing else, the coronavirus scare will get adult slobs, male and female alike, to understand that just as you have to wash your hands several times a day, even BEFORE this crisis, you simply cannot postpone all the little, time-consuming indoor cleaning chores either just because you, personally, don't see or smell anything bad. As in: No, you can't leave dishes in the sink for hours; no, you can't dust and vacuum only once a month - usually. (Little kids may think adults are crazy and stupid to worry about things they can't even see without a microscope - and mean and unfair to force kids to clean every day - but we expect them to take our word on it, don't we? What's the difference?)

My point is that if a sloppy adult really believes that it's the neat spouse/roommate who needs to change his/her standards, chances are that is completely wrong. After all, it takes just one transparent plastic bag on the floor to result in a broken leg, and just because any guests you have over may be too polite to say anything, doesn't mean they aren't offended by what they can see and smell.

And it's VERY wrong for any adult who likes a reasonably clean house to act as though the other adult should do most of the time-consuming work just because "you don't hate it as much as I do." When you were little, you wouldn't have tolerated that argument from an older sibling who didn't even offer to pay you for it - and chances are, your parents wouldn't have allowed it either. So what's the difference when you're grown up? Stealing other people's leisure time is just plain wrong. (A kid might just as well argue to a sibling: "You don't hate book reports the way I do, so YOU'RE going to do my book reports for me.")

https://www.loveproperty.com/gallerylist/93582/35-bad-home-habits-you-need-to-stop-right-now

Lenona.