Rabies shots

VFW

Aug 20, 2010, 11:12:44 AM8/20/10
our Vet. wants $50 for a shot for the barn cat.
Clinics charge $11 but you wait in line and they are only open for an
hour on Saturday.
I wonder what the actual shot costs. anyone?
--
Money! What a concept.

Al

Aug 20, 2010, 4:19:11 PM8/20/10

I'm thinking lead shot for the cat would be under 50¢.

VFW

Aug 21, 2010, 11:21:32 AM8/21/10
In article <georgeswk-04428...@news.toast.net>,
VFW <geor...@toast.net> wrote:

> our Vet. wants $50 for a shot for the barn cat.
> Clinics charge $11 but you wait in line and they are only open for an
> hour on Saturday.
> I wonder what the actual shot costs. anyone?

well, doing some searches on the "net"
yielded a price . the cost for the vet is about $1.65. when I told the
vet. this and told them I could pay $20, they yielded and we settled on
$22. the local "shot clinic" charges $11
I mentioned this on "Craigslist" "Rants n Raves" a free forum you might
enjoy.

VFW

Aug 22, 2010, 10:07:15 AM8/22/10
In article <georgeswk-CB854...@news.toast.net>,
VFW <geor...@toast.net> wrote:

and you might have second thoughts about visiting a Vet. that charges
like $50 for just one rabies shot. They are not serving the community
to make such shots less available. are they Greedy?