Free outdoor games for kids to play

leno...@yahoo.com

Dec 3, 2008, 2:43:35 PM12/3/08
I thought I'd post this because I've forgotten how to play most kids'
games that don't involve toys, and one hears about some of these only
in books such as the "Little House" series and "Pippi
Longstocking." (Namely, Run Sheep Run and Drop the Handkerchief,
which, I found, is similar to Duck Duck Goose.) While I remember Red
Rover, Marco Polo, Duck Duck Goose and maybe a few others, most of
these I don't know - and I didn't know anything about musical chairs
until my teens!

http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/xtra_games.htm

Enjoy it!

Lenona.

MSfo...@mcpmail.com

Dec 3, 2008, 8:05:33 PM12/3/08
On Dec 3, 2:43 pm, lenona...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I thought I'd post this because I've forgotten how to play most kids'
> games that don't involve toys, and one hears about some of these only
> in books such as the "Little House" series and "Pippi
> Longstocking." (Namely, Run Sheep Run and Drop the Handkerchief,
> which, I found, is similar to Duck Duck Goose.) While I remember Red
> Rover, Marco Polo, Duck Duck Goose and maybe a few others, most of
> these I don't know - and I didn't know anything about musical chairs
> until my teens!
>

> Enjoy it!
>
> Lenona.

The outdoors is already free. Kids have an imagination. They can make
a game out of anything. We pretend we have a farm under the deck. We
actually planted potatoes. We have 40 cows and 40 chickens.