I'm a senior in my 90's and need help in haveing a thermostat installed.

anthona

Feb 20, 2023, 8:31:28 AM2/20/23
I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self sufficient, but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

Dim Witte

Feb 20, 2023, 10:38:28 PM2/20/23
On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 4:31:28 AM UTC-9, anthona wrote:
> I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self sufficient, but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

You might look at Craigs List to see if that service is offered, or maybe advertise there for help.

The Real Bev

Feb 21, 2023, 12:38:21 AM2/21/23
On 2/20/23 5:31 AM, anthona wrote:
> I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self sufficient, but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

There's alt.home.repair which has some plenty smart people. You can
also check youtube for how-to videos.

--
Cheers, Bev

Beaver Fever

Feb 25, 2023, 4:34:40 PM2/25/23
On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 5:31:28 AM UTC-8, anthona wrote:
> I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self sufficient, but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

Wait, don't go

What do you attribute your long life to?

anthona

Feb 26, 2023, 8:10:58 AM2/26/23
It must be the combination of things....mainly Genetics, luck, eat sensibly, abstain from beer, alcohol, and being the 'baby' of my family....( last born ).