Re: A Failed Experiment

Message has been deleted

The Real Bev

Sep 28, 2011, 2:24:49 AM9/28/11
On 09/27/2011 05:52 PM, Derald wrote:

> I determined to find how much of George Jones I could hear before beginning to
> drink whisky but I lost track of time. I really don't thing the whisy hd
> anything to do with oit" Just fck a bunch of scienc, anywy.

I guess this means that the whiskey isn't workin' any more.

--
Cheers, Bev
"It doesn't get any easier - you just go faster."

Message has been deleted

Patricia Martin Steward

Sep 28, 2011, 9:09:24 AM9/28/11
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:23:06 -0500, Derald <der...@invalid.net> wrote:
>The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 09/27/2011 05:52 PM, Derald wrote:
>>
>>> I determined to find how much of George Jones I could hear before beginning to
>>> drink whisky but I lost track of time. I really don't thing the whisy hd
>>> anything to do with oit" Just fck a bunch of scienc, anywy.
>>
>>I guess this means that the whiskey isn't workin' any more.
> Or, possibly, I no longer am able to tell the difference. I guess further
>testing is necessary.

Back in the day, I would have replied, "And this is in
misc.consumers.frugal-living... why, exactly?"

But since this and nearly every other Usenet newgroup has gone to hell
in the handbasket, why bother.

--
We are becoming a country that believes the rich have earned their money but the well educated have not
earned their intellectual superiority. This leads to a nation that idolizes Kardashians.

hchi...@hotmail.com

Sep 28, 2011, 11:56:22 AM9/28/11
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:09:24 -0400, Patricia Martin Steward
<pat...@noteranews.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:23:06 -0500, Derald <der...@invalid.net> wrote:
>>The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>I guess this means that the whiskey isn't workin' any more.
>> Or, possibly, I no longer am able to tell the difference. I guess further
>>testing is necessary.
>
>Back in the day, I would have replied, "And this is in
>misc.consumers.frugal-living... why, exactly?"
>
>But since this and nearly every other Usenet newgroup has gone to hell
>in the handbasket, why bother.

Indeed. Everyone seems to have become enamoured with twats or twits
or tweets or whatever that .5 second burst of blather is. Brains ARE
shrinking.
Message has been deleted

The Real Bev

Sep 28, 2011, 10:59:23 PM9/28/11
On 09/28/2011 08:56 AM, hchi...@hotmail.com wrote:
> <pat...@noteranews.com> wrote:

>>> Or, possibly, I no longer am able to tell the difference. I guess further
>>> testing is necessary.
>>
>>Back in the day, I would have replied, "And this is in
>>misc.consumers.frugal-living... why, exactly?"
>>
>>But since this and nearly every other Usenet newgroup has gone to hell
>>in the handbasket, why bother.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

> Indeed. Everyone seems to have become enamoured with twats or twits
> or tweets or whatever that .5 second burst of blather is. Brains ARE
> shrinking.

Twitter is useless and I refuse to participate beyond opening an account
to see what it was like. Facebook is more usenet-like, and being able
to insert photos is nice, but it's sadly lacking even with the Better
Facebook extension.

Google+ is even worse. I can't imagine that a Better Google+ could
possibly make a significant difference.

I'm really sorry that usenet people have decamped to dumber locales.
Pissing and moaning used to be fun.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A friend is someone who puts the needs of others above their own.

Nick Naim

Sep 28, 2011, 11:30:20 PM9/28/11

"Derald" <der...@invalid.net> wrote in message

> I determined to find how much of George Jones I could hear before
> beginning to
> drink whisky but I lost track of time. I really don't thing the whisy hd
> anything to do with oit" Just fck a bunch of scienc, anywy.
> --
> Derald
relax you can still drop in

Message has been deleted