McDonald's Fries

Cheapo Groovo

Feb 9, 2009, 11:56:58 AM2/9/09
I know many are unhappy with MCD raising their dollar menu.

You should be unhappy about their fries!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o

Don Klipstein

Feb 9, 2009, 8:57:55 PM2/9/09
In <MPG.23fa1c521...@news.wowway.com>, Cheapo Groovo wrote:

>I know many are unhappy with MCD raising their dollar menu.

What's up with that? I though the upticking inflation of earlier and
middle of this year was blamed heavily on oil prices, and now oil prices
are lowest in 5 years or something like that. Wheat prices peaked about a
year ago and are lowest in over a year, little over half what they were a
year ago. Corn is less than it was a year ago, at a little over half the
peak of last July.

So why should anyone's food prices increase in the past 2-3 months while
people have less money than before?

I have greatly reduced my purchases of McD's food in response to their
price increases at a time when food prices should be going down.

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

ares

Feb 10, 2009, 6:06:58 PM2/10/09
Also seems that milk has gone down by almost $1 a gallon. Something is
really screwy though because as you're pointing out some too, the reasons
given for some of these things don't seem to make any sense. Didn't realize
corn was down too. I wonder what the real reasons for things going on are
as well.
ares

"Don Klipstein" <d...@manx.misty.com> wrote in message

BigDog1

Feb 10, 2009, 6:37:47 PM2/10/09
On Feb 9, 9:56 am, Cheapo Groovo <c...@nospam.com> wrote:
> I know many are unhappy with MCD raising their dollar menu.
>
> You should be unhappy about their fries!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnvzLU1I1o

Not sure what he was trying to say. We've all found ancient fast
food fries under our car seats that have been there for months. Dried
out, hard little yellow bits that aren't rotten. So what? I'm sure
there's someone out there with a chemistry or food science background
who can explain it. Put'em in acid similar to what's found in a human
digestive tract and see what they look like in a couple of hours. I
don't eat at McD's very often, but this won't cause me to stop eating
the fries.

As to the prices increases vis-a-vis food costs: the cost of the food
is not the only thing related to running a fast food joint. Taxes,
utilities, maintenance, salaries. Depending on where you are, they've
all gone up. In my state the minimum wage was recently raised
significantly. Since they'd already cut back the staffs to the bare
minimum what do you think that did to prices? More variables than
just the wholesale cost of what lands on your tray when you order.

If you don't like the prices, stop going there, and let McD's
corporate know. It's a question of value, not price. I can't tell
you what my price point for a Big Mac is, but I'll know it when I see
it.