Consumer Reports coffee value test

Woody

Feb 2, 2009, 5:55:31 PM2/2/09
Eight O'Clock Coffee's 100% Colombian, at $6.28 a pound, was chosen as
Consumer Reports best coffee buy in their latest study:

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/smartspending/archive/2009/02/02/priciest-coffee-isn-t-necessarily-the-best.aspx

There *must* be someone somewhere who disagrees with this; nyet?

Woody

Patricia Martin Steward

Feb 2, 2009, 6:18:25 PM2/2/09

GOD, yes. Six dollars a pound? Insanity.

My regular coffee is Melitta Classic. When it goes on sale for $4.99,
I stock up. I just looked at the can, and it's 1 lb. 7 oz.

It's very finely ground, so it makes a strong cup, which is what I
like.
--
January 20, 2009
The end of an error

Message has been deleted

Woody

Feb 2, 2009, 7:06:01 PM2/2/09

"Patricia Martin Steward" <pat...@noteranews.com> wrote in message

I think the Consumer Reports recommendation was based on a combination of
price and taste quality, not just price.

On the other hand, taste is kinda subjective.

To quote a random Dungeons & Dragons player, "Beauty is in the eyes of the
Beholder."

Woody

SMS

Feb 2, 2009, 7:22:34 PM2/2/09

That's quite expensive. If you find a Costco that has a roaster in the
store, 3 pounds of 100% Columbian beans are around $13, available in
different roasts.

George

Feb 2, 2009, 8:18:18 PM2/2/09
Been buying it for years (but beans not the pre-ground stuff) and turned
a couple friends onto it when they asked why the coffee tasted so good.
The 2 lb 4 oz bag sells for under $10 at the large local family owned
market where we buy most of our stuff.