Any other frugal forums?

ares

Sep 11, 2009, 3:53:38 PM9/11/09
Well, my ISP won't be carrying newsgroups so wondering where if anywhere
you people are going instead of here....
ares

The Real Bev

Sep 11, 2009, 4:22:04 PM9/11/09
ares wrote:

google "free news servers". I like eternal-september.org, which I started
using when Charter's in-house server turned flakey. Husband likes
news.albasani.net. Both require a free signup. No problem.

--
Cheers, Bev
Segal's Law: A man with one watch knows the time.

Sep 11, 2009, 6:23:52 PM9/11/09

"ares" <ar...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Well, my ISP won't be carrying newsgroups so wondering where if anywhere
> you people are going instead of here....
> ares

Nowhere - we just got different newsreaders.

2312

Sep 11, 2009, 7:04:32 PM9/11/09
ares wrote:

> Well, my ISP won't be carrying newsgroups so wondering where if anywhere you people are going instead of here....

news.individual.net costs peanuts and filters the worst of the spam too.

OhioGuy

Sep 12, 2009, 7:28:24 AM9/12/09
Just go to usenet-news.net

You can get a 100 Gigabyte block for $22. If you are mostly just posting
and reading text like this group, this will probably last you 10 years or
more. Two dollars and 22 cents a year isn't bad at all. I just use Outlook
Express for reading and posting, but I'm sure there are plenty of other
programs out there.

ares

Sep 16, 2009, 4:57:30 PM9/16/09
Thanks Bev.