Anyone else joining "Toyota Anonymous"?

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 15, 2010, 1:15:51 AM4/15/10
If I told you that my girlfriend is running away from a boring loser
that drives a little Toyota... smoker, couch potato and bullshitter.

My ex-wife too drives a little Toyota, so may sort of call us the
first seed for "Toyota Anonymous." I'm gonna put out the idea...

We want a world full of choices and fun, where you can ride a bike
locally, and don't depend on the car for everything. The only
commitment may be something like, "We are free from an idiotic
lifestyle, but now we are free."

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Never buy a Toyota before trying a bicycle!"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 15, 2010, 10:37:28 AM4/15/10
On Apr 15, 3:39 am, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
<"WheresMyCheck"@UncleSamLoves.Mee> wrote:
> I'm Fat Moe and I'm a Toyota owner.
> It all started when I totaled my Detroit iron monster and had to have
> a car fast (not a fast car) and bought a used Toyota....... it was my
> first Toyota and I noticed my gas bill dropped in half, and the little
> car was pretty trouble free. It was an early 70's Corolla 4 speed
> manual with a 2TC engine, cunning, adequately powerful and reliable. I
> drove it about a year and only had to change the oil and a fuel filter.
> I didn't know it at the time but I was becoming addicted. I tried to
> quit and sold the little car but I was hooked and soon found myself
> driving another Toyota, then another. The years went by and I tried
> stopping, I drove other brands Honda, Mazda, Chevrolet, Nisson even a
> Ford but eventually I always found myself back driving a Toyota. Is
> there any help for this addiction?

Well, Totoya fits perfectly a character I've developed for the jungle
where we live... the SneakySnake. As the name seems to imply, this
snake works in sneaky ways, and it may as well have been the one
behind the original doom of humanity...

You are not addicted to Toyoya it seems, but you are addicted to cheap
stuff, like most American who go to Walmart and the Dollar Store are.
You are missing the best things in life like riding a bike or driving
a car that you really have GUSTO driving.

But don't worry, we'll let it all out in our sessions and you will be
a new man with a lot of money in your pocket and plenty of health when
you ride a bike more and more. And then you buy a new car like a Smart
with open sunroof to enjoy the sun and the moon, and you'll find
yourself shouting, "Fuck Toyota!"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 15, 2010, 10:44:31 AM4/15/10
On Apr 15, 4:15 am, Dave__67 <spamTHIS...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 15, 6:39 am, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
> Subaru.
>
> But that's even more like joining a cult...
>
> Dave

I think they worship the moon. I do too, which is why I wonder why
Americans don't get little cars with those big open sunroofs like
Smart. There are other cars like it in Europe, but the concept --not
convertible just open retractable simple convenient safe sunroof--
seems to be "missing" in America, whereby you find yourself in a
little cage. Yes, we worship the sun too!

Of course, a bike, scooter or motorcycle are freedom vehicles too!

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 15, 2010, 10:54:20 AM4/15/10
On Apr 15, 6:47 am, "hls" <h...@nospam.nix> wrote:
> "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com>
> wrote in messagenews:51881fe5-6a2e-4a60...@w42g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

> > If I told you that my girlfriend is running away from a boring loser
> > that drives a little Toyota... smoker, couch potato and bullshitter.
>
> Doesnt sound like Toyota's fault to me.

Well, more and more doctors are recommending that you challenge your
mind, which is obviously not the case when you drive an automatic
Toyota, and that mental dumbness leads to become a loser waiting to
die.

Had he bought a little Mazda Miata --or at least a motorcycle-- he may
have been transformed and thus I wouldn't have a girlfriend.