Grups de Google ja no admet publicacions ni subscripcions noves de Usenet. El contingut antic es pot continuar consultant.

Service Organizations?

10 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Vandy Terre

no llegida,
10 de març 2017, 17:40:2710/3/17
I need to get out of the house and be around
intelligent people so I am thinking a Service
Organization might be the answer. It is just that
so many of the ones I know any thing about seem to
be about making money rather than helping folks in
need. Suggestions please?

John Weiss

no llegida,
10 de març 2017, 18:37:0410/3/17
There are WAY too many such organizations to list here! What are your
interests? What do you want to DO?

Habitat for Humanity
Meals on Wheels
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Disabled American Veterans

Michael Black

no llegida,
11 de març 2017, 15:06:0411/3/17
I thought by definition a "service organization" wsa about service.

They often do align along business lines. I think generally you
do need to be in business to be a Rotary Club member (but I'm not certain)
but they have all kinds of speakers come in, not related to business (at
least not here), and they have various fundraisers that are used for
projects near and far. The local one were deep into the building of a
local "old age home". Their big fundraiser for a long time wsa an annual
'garage sale", but they've abandoned it again "too much trouble" while
other projects have the potential of less work and more income.

Michael

wilm...@gmail.com

no llegida,
14 de març 2017, 18:15:4214/3/17
No matter what type of volunteer work you do, there is someone making money from it. Take Meals On Wheels. The gas station is making money. The food suppliers from farmer and fertilizer to packaging preserving. Even the MOW CEO is pulling in a salary.

When you look in your neighbors rice bowl, it should be to make sure he has enough, not that he has too much.

You could get a job at Wal Mart and spend much of your time telling people how unhealthy much of the junk food is. Or tell them to shop elsewhere and buy American made stuff, telling them they don't so much junk, not to buy cheap stuff and instead invest their money. That way you do good and the company didn't make anything off of you. I did that for three months before quitting because I wouldn't work Thanksgiving.
0 missatges nous