Re: 2012 forcast: Food riots, ghost malls, mob rule, riots, terror

martin

Oct 11, 2009, 9:09:54 AM10/11/09
On Oct 10, 1:58 pm, Iconoclast <goldst...@nym.hush.com> wrote:
> [...]
> surging forward. That's the evidence. The rest that's coming from
> Washington and Wall Street is rhetoric."
>
> "This is the beginning of the greatest depression. We're telling our
> readers to take pro-active measures in anticipation of much worse to
> come," he said.
>
> USA Today says Celente "has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right,"
> and CNBC says, "The man knows what he's talking about."
>
> The Wall Street Jounral has said, "Those who take their predictions
> seriously … consider the Trends Research Institute."
>
> He said during the Radio America/WND interview that retail sales this
> coming Christmas season will be the "real nail in the economic
> coffin."
>
> "The second American revolution has already begun; it just hasn't been
> announced yet by the mainstream media," he said. "Anybody waiting for
> hope to show up at the door with a big bag full of money is going to
> be in for a shock."
>
> Tim Barello in the Examiner noted that since 1980 Celente has made at
> least 40 accurate predictions about major world events, such as the
> 1987 stock market crash.
>
> "Throughout the 1990's, many other forecasts came true, including the
> collapse of the Soviet Union, surges in global terrorism, the
> popularity of spiritual and new age philosophies, public backlash
> against globalization, upsurges in online shopping, and the 1997 Asian
> financial crisis, to name a select few," he wrote.
>
> Now comes his forecast for a global depression and for the United
> States, "Obamageddon."
>
> "We want to make it very clear that the policies leading to the
> decline of 'Empire America' have been long in the making," Celente
> told Barello. "What has happened in the Obama administration is that
> they have taken policies far beyond even what Bush took with the TARP
> program; for example, with his stimulus package, with the buyouts,
> with the bailouts, the rescue packages, these are unprecedented in
> American history.
>
> "Never before has so much phantom money been printed out of thin air,
> backed by nothing, producing practically nothing," Celente continued.
> "You don't even have to be a student of history to know the outcome of
> this. All you have to do is have your eyes open, and start thinking
> for yourself."
>
> In his conversation with the Examiner, Celente warned with the
> "bubble" bursts, U.S. taxpayers will be slammed because, unlike during
> the dot-com bubble, the stock market bubble and the real estate
> bubble, they are stockholders in a long list of major companies.
>
> He forecasts the possibility of a civil war, and says if people want
> to see what Main Street America will look like, they should "drive
> around Detroit. Look at all the blown out houses and empty
> neighborhoods. Look at the violence that's increasing. … Look at the
> types of heinous crimes being committed by people – some blowing their

I look forward to the chaos and despair. Only when it hits bottam can
America
be totally rebuilt.

tt

http://www.vdare.com/ V-Dare

Weird Willy's Sister Ernestina Reid

Oct 11, 2009, 9:59:18 AM10/11/09
Wanna see america at rock bottom?

Visit indiana, save south bend so you can see what
happens when the toilets all flush at the same time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Indiana : NatGuard has highest rate of self
flicted injuries and has taken away
pen knives and can openers,
Highest rate of drug and alcohol abuse
outside of Pailins family
National Indiana Reserves has highest
rate of deserters on earth
Indiana national guard has fewest num-
ber of teeth per 'volunteer' on
earth.
Indiana depends most on federal welfare
transfers and food stamps

martin

Oct 11, 2009, 1:15:31 PM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 6:59 am, "Weird Willy's Sister Ernestina Reid"

Rust belt revisited. I really have enjoyed visiting the southeastern
corner around Madison and Friendship. Wall Street
and "elitists" could care less about small townish America.

ted

http://www.americanworker.com/ American Worker

Rod Speed

Oct 11, 2009, 1:50:19 PM10/11/09
martin wrote

Taint gunna happen. Didnt happen during the great depression.

> Only when it hits bottam can America be totally rebuilt.

Taint gunna happen either. That only happens when you lose a world war etc and that aint gunna happen now.

phil scott

Oct 11, 2009, 2:21:49 PM10/11/09
> http://www.vdare.com/ V-Dare- Hide quoted text -

a few notable riots... but contained more or less, especially as
citizens are armed.

Mob rule is already the case in parts of LA where even the police will
no go at night. I estimate a 300% increase. containable.. If its
1% of the population now in that class it will be 3 to 5% then...
300 million population, at 10% is 30 million. 5% is 15 million..
govt will need to prison camps for maybe 5 to 10 million... those are
currently under construction or already complete for a few million so
far.

Terror in the road side bomb style ... its smoke... even 911 affected
less than 0.0001% of the population. not to worry excessively. we
do need to develop detection for nukes and dirty bombs floatable into
our harbors or in cargo... thats do-able.

No food riots in the US... we have the farm land and meat production
capacity to feed all people, on the low end its not costly...food
shortages yes, but not riots except in various regions, parts of LA
and other large cities... only parts though.

Ghost malls? those are currently turning ghostly before our very
eyes... the coming
collapse will most of those coverted to other uses, mfgr, indoor
hydroponics, living space, etc.. my guess a net 30% will remain. Most
purchasing will be on line imo... brick and mortar is over.

Housing will see absolutely vast changes, pod living will happen..
100 sq ft per person, with comunal kitchens and baths as much of the
rest of the world practices today.. only very nice..high tech/ no
sacrafice... current housing imo is an insane waste of space,
materials and energy. and locks the owner to that city etc...for some
thats a serious limitation.

harvard U has a book with pics of its developments...very nice... pole
villages 100' high, pods on poles... etc. cost 1/20th of what we do
now. many portable pods.

I think we will see pod motels and hotels too...

I dont think we are looking at armageddon in the faintest.... we are
looking at vast changes, and for many individuals it will be nasty to
the core, as it is now. but the larger world and national culture
will advance.... thinking individuals will be able to dodge most of
those bullets, enough at least to have food and shelter.

Phil scott

m...@privacy.net

Oct 11, 2009, 2:50:30 PM10/11/09
phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote:

>I dont think we are looking at armageddon in the faintest.... we are
>looking at vast changes, and for many individuals it will be nasty to
>the core, as it is now. but the larger world and national culture
>will advance.... thinking individuals will be able to dodge most of
>those bullets, enough at least to have food and shelter.

Agree

These are fundamental changes coming that would come
regardless of who is in power or how much we wish they
would NOT change

Agree on brick and mortar being dead.... already do
most of my shopping online

Agree on housing being ridiculous over capacity!

Rod Speed

Oct 11, 2009, 3:53:11 PM10/11/09

> a few notable riots...

Nope, we havent seen entire city blocks put the torch for decades now.

> but contained more or less,

Yep, they only torched themselves when they were that stupid.

> especially as citizens are armed.

Nothing to do with armed citizens, everything to do with armed troops and cops.

> Mob rule is already the case in parts of LA where even the police will no go at night.

Thats not mob rule.

> I estimate a 300% increase.

Straight from your arse, we can tell from the smell.

> containable.. If its 1% of the population now in that class it will be 3
> to 5% then... 300 million population, at 10% is 30 million. 5% is 15
> million.. govt will need to prison camps for maybe 5 to 10 million...

Straight from your arse, we can tell from the smell.

> those are currently under construction or already complete for a few million so far.

Just two, actually.

> Terror in the road side bomb style ...

How odd that we havent seen any since Oklahoma.

> its smoke... even 911 affected less than 0.0001% of the population.
> not to worry excessively. we do need to develop detection for nukes
> and dirty bombs floatable into our harbors or in cargo... thats do-able.

> No food riots in the US... we have the farm land
> and meat production capacity to feed all people,

And to export heaps more too.

> on the low end its not costly...

In fact its so cheap there is a massive epidemic of gross obesity.

> food shortages yes,

Nope.

> but not riots except in various regions, parts of
> LA and other large cities... only parts though.

You wouldnt know what a real riot was if one bit you on your lard arse.

> Ghost malls? those are currently turning ghostly before our very eyes...

Yawn.

> the coming collapse will most of those coverted to other uses, mfgr,
> indoor hydroponics, living space, etc.. my guess a net 30% will remain.

Straight from your arse, we can tell from the smell.

> Most purchasing will be on line imo... brick and mortar is over.

Pure fantasy.

> Housing will see absolutely vast changes,

Pure fantasy.

> pod living will happen.. 100 sq ft per person, with comunal kitchens
> and baths as much of the rest of the world practices today..

Wont be seen much in the US, essentially because the
standard of living is much higher and that wont change.

> only very nice..high tech/ no sacrafice... current housing imo
> is an insane waste of space, materials and energy. and locks
> the owner to that city etc...for some thats a serious limitation.

We can afford it. Hardly anyone even prefers to live motel style.

> harvard U has a book with pics of its developments...
> very nice... pole villages 100' high, pods on poles... etc.
> cost 1/20th of what we do now. many portable pods.

Hardly anyone even prefers to live motel style.

> I think we will see pod motels and hotels too...

Taint gunna happen. Only the Japs are that stupid and they are runts anyway.

> I dont think we are looking at armageddon in the faintest....

Yep, never saw anything like that in during the great depression
and modern welfare has improved out of sight since then.

> we are looking at vast changes,

Nope, just a lot more working from home basically.

> and for many individuals it will be nasty to the core, as it is now.

Try 'living' on the streets in Bombay sometime.

> but the larger world and national culture will advance....

It always does.

> thinking individuals will be able to dodge most of those bullets,

There wont be any bullets.

> enough at least to have food and shelter.

Vastly more than just that in fact.

Rod Speed

Oct 11, 2009, 3:55:53 PM10/11/09
m...@privacy.net wrote
> phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote

>> I dont think we are looking at armageddon in the faintest.... we are
>> looking at vast changes, and for many individuals it will be nasty to
>> the core, as it is now. but the larger world and national culture
>> will advance.... thinking individuals will be able to dodge most of
>> those bullets, enough at least to have food and shelter.

> Agree

I dont on that last.

> These are fundamental changes coming that would come regardless
> of who is in power or how much we wish they would NOT change

Indeed.

> Agree on brick and mortar being dead....

I dont, Taint gunna happen.

> already do most of my shopping online

I do too, but most dont and wont ever.

> Agree on housing being ridiculous over capacity!

Yes, but most dont. Most dont even 'live' motel style, let alone in pods.

Most dont even 'live' in RVs for that long.

Jeff M

Oct 11, 2009, 4:36:00 PM10/11/09
m...@privacy.net wrote:
> phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote:
>
>> I dont think we are looking at armageddon in the faintest.... we are
>> looking at vast changes, and for many individuals it will be nasty to
>> the core, as it is now. but the larger world and national culture
>> will advance.... thinking individuals will be able to dodge most of
>> those bullets, enough at least to have food and shelter.
>
> Agree

Me too.

> These are fundamental changes coming that would come
> regardless of who is in power or how much we wish they
> would NOT change
>
> Agree on brick and mortar being dead.... already do
> most of my shopping online
>
> Agree on housing being ridiculous over capacity!

Yep. I'm waay over-housed.

Gordon

Oct 11, 2009, 9:00:24 PM10/11/09
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> I look forward to the chaos and despair.
>
> Taint gunna happen. Didnt happen during the great depression.
>
>> Only when it hits bottam can America be totally rebuilt.
>
> Taint gunna happen either. That only happens when you lose a world war
> etc and that aint gunna happen now.

For once I actually agree with you.

Gordon

Oct 11, 2009, 9:12:38 PM10/11/09
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7jerdaF30qrg7U1
@mid.individual.net:

>> No food riots in the US... we have the farm land
>> and meat production capacity to feed all people,
>
> And to export heaps more too.
>
>> on the low end its not costly...
>
> In fact its so cheap there is a massive epidemic of gross obesity.
>
>> food shortages yes,
>
> Nope.

Any possible shortage will not be with production.
It will be because of transportation problems
getting food to the final consumer. That could
create what are known as spot shortages. But the
big grocery chains have a vested intrest (profit)
in getting that food to the consumer. Remember
how Y2K turned into a big non-event?

phil scott

Oct 11, 2009, 10:45:44 PM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 1:36 pm, Jeff M <NoS...@NoNoThanks.Org> wrote:
> m...@privacy.net wrote:

real estate should tank another 50% or more within a year or two max.
and not rebound because 80 m baby boomers are retiring, then dying
off. meantime desperate local govts are taxing it heavily.

depending on your situation, it may or may not pay to stay put or sell

Curly Surmudgeon

Oct 12, 2009, 2:42:07 AM10/12/09

I'm betting that will not occur.

Property prices may continue to slump in some locals but nation-wide have
already leveled off and begun to climb in some regions.

--
Regards, Curly
Beats the Rose Parade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVjBdnyiy-M

phil scott

Oct 12, 2009, 11:51:21 AM10/12/09
On Oct 11, 11:42 pm, Curly Surmudgeon <CurlySurmudg...@live.com>
wrote:
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---

>      Beats the Rose Parade:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVjBdnyiy-M

I think real estate has another 50% to 80% down side left...in todays
dollars. I think you will see half of that in the next 12
months...and the rest over the next 5 years... then stay down for the
next 20 to 30 years or long.

why? boomers retiring then dropping deader than hell.. 80 million
over the next 10 years
insufficient replacements... these cant afford the ppty tax so move to
smaller digs or offshore by the millions until they die.... then that
house goes onto an already glutted market.

and the replacements, insufficient in numbers and poorly educated
48th in the world in math/ science. that leads to low wage jobs...
the brain work is fast moving to china or india, what stays in the US
must compete in the world market at similar rates.

there are many other factors..some valid, some smoke.. oil shortage
(probably smoke, given our 200 year supply of natural gas in north
america, and the fact we have not deep sea drilled yet).

global warming? will simply kill off a few billion excess
population, but that would drive realestate prices down. same with
pandemic disease, inevitable..

no wages...no spending.. cant afford to pay high prices for homes.

***
standard of living is the real issue...today we work ourselves to
death in the US so we can get fat and die stressed out with an ugly
wife /husband... thats not quality.

we will change to optonal life styles.. much less space and costs..I
live on a boat, 200 dollars slip rental..taxes almost zero. I work 10
to 20 hours a week max.. usually 5 hours a week.. pod living is
next... Harvard U has studies on it.

Large fixed homes and careers? are insane imo. the house ties you
to a local job market where you can be exploited ..when I was
engineering I traveled the US, and made 50% more than my local counter
parts, and gained skills I could gain no other way. thats next for
the rest of us, imo.

Phil scott

m...@privacy.net

Oct 12, 2009, 12:47:01 PM10/12/09
phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote:

>Large fixed homes and careers? are insane imo. the house ties you
>to a local job market where you can be exploited ..when I was
>engineering I traveled the US, and made 50% more than my local counter
>parts, and gained skills I could gain no other way. thats next for
>the rest of us, imo.

What type of engineering did you do Phil?

Try to make me, fuckwit - I'll shoot you dead, and laugh about it over a
beer later. Then I'll stub a cigar butt out on your orphan child's head.-Wilson Woods

phil scott

Oct 13, 2009, 10:36:31 PM10/13/09
On Oct 12, 9:47 am, m...@privacy.net wrote:

> phil scott <p...@philscott.net> wrote:
> >Large fixed homes and careers?   are insane imo.   the house ties you
> >to a local job market where you can be exploited ..when I was
> >engineering I traveled the US, and made 50% more than my local counter
> >parts, and gained skills I could gain no other way.     thats next for
> >the rest of us, imo.
>
> What type of engineering did you do Phil?

Industrial systems of all sorts, gas/ oil/ nuclear/ aerospace.. semi
conductor/ control systems. Im still about 50% active.
lately ship board blast freeze systems (fisher/processor vessels to
minus 50F or so).. most of that has been design/ build
contracts.

knews4...@yahoo.com

Oct 13, 2009, 10:58:17 PM10/13/09
On Oct 11, 6:09 am, martin <martin.secrest...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 10, 1:58 pm, Iconoclast <goldst...@nym.hush.com> wrote:
>

> > Is the glass half empty?
>
> >http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=112452
>
> > 2012 forecast: Food riots, ghost malls, mob rule, terror
> > Trends chief says people should brace for 'the greatest depression'
> > 12:15 am Eastern
>
> > By Bob Unruh
> > © 2009 WorldNetDaily
>
> > A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last
> > winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and
> > automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom
> > money printed out of thin air backed by nothing."
>
> > And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should
> > be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and
> > will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be
> > among the minor concerns.
>
> > "Here we are in 2012.

<snip>

Celente might be correct about a decline but "2012" has nothing to do
with it.
The Propagandists will sure use it to spread fear however.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/6300744/2012-is-not-the-end-of-the-world-Mayan-elder-insists.html