Possible birth control shortage worldwide?

10 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

leno...@yahoo.com

ungelesen,
03.04.2020, 11:39:4803.04.20
an

"A Condom Shortage Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic Might Happen—Here's What Experts Say You Should Do:
Condoms may be disappearing from store shelves soon—and other forms of birth control could also be affected by the pandemic."

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/condom-shortage-due-to-pandemic

Quote:

...Most of the world’s condoms are produced in Asia, but many Asian production facilities provide critical raw materials to other manufacturers worldwide, explains Purdy. This means more shortages may occure in the near future—and not just of condoms.

“We are already hearing that some pharmaceutical manufacturers in India are now expecting to experience slowdowns due to a lack of the requisite Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) from their Chinese suppliers,” says Purdy. “Over concerns of supply shortages, the Indian government has now prohibited manufacturers from exporting any products containing progesterone, a critical hormone used in many contraceptives."

If manufacturers are forced to source from new API suppliers, they have to follow the correct procedure—which can cause even more delay. “In some countries, the need to re-register products with the relevant oversight bodies can take months or even years,” says Purdy....

..."I think there will be concern over the supply of oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) and condoms, as so many of these products are manufactured overseas,” Rebecca C. Brightman, MD, assistant clinical professor of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive medicine at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, tells Health. “It’s a catch-22 situation—many people don’t want to conceive during a pandemic.”...

Lenona.

gggg...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
06.04.2020, 00:31:1106.04.20
an
Doesn't that mean that overpopulation will become even more of problem?

Ever seen the movie SOYLENT GREEN?:

http://overpopulationrisks.blogspot.com/2012/03/soylent-green.html

leno...@yahoo.com

ungelesen,
06.04.2020, 23:16:0506.04.20
an
No, I haven't seen it, but I hope I will.

That picture with the dump truck/backhoe does remind me of that truck I heard of in the news - the one where a forklift was used to load corpses from a hospital into the truck.
0 neue Nachrichten