To bid on ebay, don't you need to have set up a paypal account?

gggg...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2017, 4:58:10 AM8/11/17
Or are there other ways of paying?

BigDog811

Aug 11, 2017, 9:25:39 AM8/11/17
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 4:58:10 AM UTC-4, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Or are there other ways of paying?

It's up to the seller. They can accept any form of payment they want.

The smart ones will only accept PayPal, and will only ship to confirmed addresses with tracking number(s). Too many third party shenanigans and too much "I paid but didn't get my stuff" fraud out there to do otherwise. You can setup your sellers account so that only PayPal account holders with confirmed addresses can post bids on your items. That's how mine's setup.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Aug 11, 2017, 10:13:47 AM8/11/17
That's true. Look at how the seller accepts payments. It might
be credit card or instantly out of your checking account. But
if the sellers states PAYPAL ONLY that's how you'll have to pay.

RJH

Aug 11, 2017, 11:59:48 AM8/11/17
On 11/08/2017 09:58, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Or are there other ways of paying?

Yes - depends what the seller specifies. Some will let you collect,
inspect and pay cash - my preferred option for higher value stuff.

--
Cheers, Rob

gggg...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 4:03:30 AM8/12/17
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 10:58:10 PM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Or are there other ways of paying?

Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2017, 10:28:22 PM9/18/17
I presume that I shouldn't order from ebay when I am using a computer terminal at places like Kinkos/Fedex.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Sep 19, 2017, 3:24:19 AM9/19/17
On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 9:28:22 PM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> I presume that I shouldn't order from ebay when I am using a computer terminal at places like Kinkos/Fedex.

No home computer?