Boston Globe: "Does Money Really Wreck a Marriage?"

leno...@yahoo.com

Jan 23, 2009, 4:13:18 PM1/23/09
Four pages long.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2009/01/18/does_money_really_wreck_a_marriage/

Excerpt:
"Actually, no. It may cause arguments; it certainly causes tension.
But even in these gloomy financial times, there is no evidence that
money dooms relationships, even when one partner is the financial
opposite of the other......."

(Somehow, that only makes sense if we're talking about a couple that's
willing and able to discuss ALL financial differences well in
advance.)

More wedding/marriage articles (temporary link):

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/

Lenona.

Rod Speed

Jan 23, 2009, 4:21:35 PM1/23/09
leno...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Four pages long.

> http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2009/01/18/does_money_really_wreck_a_marriage/

> Excerpt:
> "Actually, no. It may cause arguments; it certainly causes tension.
> But even in these gloomy financial times, there is no evidence that
> money dooms relationships, even when one partner is the financial
> opposite of the other......."

Thats a very silly claim. There is in fact lots of evidence that
particularly with marriages which arent that well based, that
money can well push THOSE over the edge into a fiasco.

> (Somehow, that only makes sense if we're talking about a couple that's
> willing and able to discuss ALL financial differences well in advance.)

Discussion wont necessarily help with something as fundamental as that.