Is an SUV a Truck or a Toy?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 30, 2010, 6:23:34 PM8/30/10
The story goes that in the old times cars were regulated by CAFE
standards, and Congress somehow got around those regulations by
labeling the SUV a "truck"... Yes, they can be very clever when they
want. Anyway a jungle vehicle --they want to look tough-- that was
unsafe to itself and others landed on American roads, which were
pretty unsafe anyway, and without a truck license of any kind (as
common sense would dictate) unleashed the Law of the Jungle among
drivers and appealed to the "animal within."

That's not nice for other drivers and the environment, but I have a
further classification that would take effect wherever the revolution
comes to power: THE SUV IS A TOY. The distinction is clear: A truck is
used to move merchandise and requires a special license, a toy means
that it's a toy for the rich and the wannabe rich. The bicycle by
contrast will be named SUB or Sport Utility Bike.

Signed by "El Comandante," aka Wise Tibetan Monkey, Prophet of the
Jungle and other titles too long to name.

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"SUVs makes sense in the deep jungle, but not in the asphalt jungle"

Edward Dolan

Aug 30, 2010, 6:39:32 PM8/30/10

<nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The story goes that in the old times cars were regulated by CAFE
> standards, and Congress somehow got around those regulations by
> labeling the SUV a "truck"... Yes, they can be very clever when they
> want. Anyway a jungle vehicle --they want to look tough-- that was
> unsafe to itself and others landed on American roads, which were
> pretty unsafe anyway, and without a truck license of any kind (as
> common sense would dictate) unleashed the Law of the Jungle among
> drivers and appealed to the "animal within."
>
> That's not nice for other drivers and the environment, but I have a
> further classification that would take effect wherever the revolution
> comes to power: THE SUV IS A TOY. The distinction is clear: A truck is
> used to move merchandise and requires a special license, a toy means
> that it's a toy for the rich and the wannabe rich. The bicycle by
> contrast will be named SUB or Sport Utility Bike.
>
> Signed by "El Comandante," aka Wise Tibetan Monkey, Prophet of the
> Jungle and other titles too long to name.

TM is a poor crazy bastard who just posts on his one favorite subject -
hatred of motor vehicles because they interfere with his use of the roads.
His other favorite subject is attacking Christianity. If you respond to this
poor crazy bastard, then you are a poor crazy bastard too.

He likes to reference monkeys and other wild animals normally found only in
zoos because he is most likely a wild beast himself. I think he fornicates
with monkeys, but I can't prove it.

TM should confine himself to just one thread instead of proliferating them
like a poor crazy bastard. He is insane of course. I liken him to the
village idiot of olden times. The difference these days is that no one any
longer recognizes the village idiot because idiocy has become so widespread.

But I will be here to remind one and all of what a poor crazy bastard TM is.
It is mark of My Greatness that I can still recognize the village idiot even
if the rest of you can't.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Charmin

Aug 31, 2010, 4:50:49 PM8/31/10
On Aug 30, 6:23 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

My truck is a tool, as are you.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Aug 31, 2010, 5:10:55 PM8/31/10

If you your truck is a tool, great!

My bicycle could be a tool too. But not much use due to many drivers
who couldn't care less. And indifferent authorities who care even
less.

So you got a very sophisticated tool, but not every job calls for it.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock & the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories

Aug 31, 2010, 5:34:19 PM8/31/10
On Aug 31, 1:49 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the

> TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock"
>
> <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Aug 30, 4:34 pm, necromancer - ECHM

> >> Do I even want to know what that would look like?
>
> >The Dutch bike with rack is such a vehicle. I can easily carry
> >groceries for a week on mine. That's utility without the stupidity of
> >driving an SUV to the market.

> > Also known as nerd bikes..
>
> Canyon asks: "So now if you're standing on a corner and
> a little old granny lady walks up and out of the blue
> smacks you with her cane, you have a "First Amendment
> based" case because you have a right to be there. Is
> that correct now?

Listen, you are offending me, the old ladies, and the Dutch nation.

I've never said that SUV drivers are gorillas...

http://www.chrisroberson.net/uploaded_images/FORD_Ranger_Gorilla-760803.jpg

Sorry to say that to the soccer moms who carry their "little babies"
around...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0_bPxL_znxA/SUv9NUd4hoI/AAAAAAAAATU/0T_xN8eKpoI/s400/baby+gorilla.jpg

Edward Dolan

Aug 31, 2010, 8:14:45 PM8/31/10

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock &
the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories" <comandan...@yahoo.com>
wrote in message

Forrest Hodge

Aug 31, 2010, 9:44:41 PM8/31/10
On 8/31/2010 5:10 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
If you're a bicycle rider exclusively, I don't get why you seem to be
more concerned about the dangers of SUVs and trucks as opposed to those
of regular cars. A Civic will smite a bicyclist just as well as an
Explorer will.

Tom Sherman °_°

Aug 31, 2010, 9:52:44 PM8/31/10
On 8/31/2010 8:44 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:
> [...]

> If you're a bicycle rider exclusively, I don't get why you seem to be
> more concerned about the dangers of SUVs and trucks as opposed to those
> of regular cars. A Civic will smite a bicyclist just as well as an
> Explorer will.

Actually, no.

In the current generation of automobiles, Honda has designed them to be
less damaging to non-motorists in the event of a collision. In
addition, the front end of the Civic will hit the cyclist in the legs,
while the front end of the much higher Exploder (sic) will strike the
abdomen.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Forrest Hodge

Aug 31, 2010, 10:22:32 PM8/31/10
Actually, Hondas are made with *pedestrian* impact in mind. If a car
hits a bicycle from behind, the rider will most likely be knocked down
onto the pavement, at that point either the Civic or SUV will likely run
over the downed cyclist.

Don Klipstein

Sep 1, 2010, 1:56:33 AM9/1/10

My experience is that among 4-wheeler drivers, Honda Civic drivers tend
to be more careful, to minimize damage that is disproportionately their
way.
I find professional truck drivers to generally be further more careful.

Drivers of "family cars" that have "better crash resistance" is where
I have been finding *More Offensive*. Those vehicle owners "in general"
pay extra in vehicle acquisition cost and not in insurance cost to make
make their problems ones ones of those driving more-economical
less-damaging vehicles.

And along-that-line, that SUV drivers achieve lower insurance rates,
heavily on basis of lower rate of being a damagee than a damager in
crashes when "collision" or "comprehensive" insurance is the case. (As in
"The Norm" when a vehicle is financed or leased or worth roughly $7K or
more.)
--
- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Kevan Smith

Sep 1, 2010, 3:29:45 AM9/1/10
On 9/1/10 12:56 AM, Don Klipstein wrote:
> I find professional truck drivers to generally be further more careful.

Or the other extreme. I have had many pass by too close because they
think I do not belong on the road. They should realize we carry cell
phones for immediate reporting.

But, in general, pro truck drivers, as you say, are really good.

Kevan

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 1, 2010, 9:26:07 AM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 12:29 am, Kevan Smith <dr.goode...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Nobody cares --or should even care-- about the jungle out there.
>
> >Those gorillas are really something, ah?
>
> Sorry, I'm not privy to your fantasies..

I'm not talking about my erotic fantasies... but the reality of the
world, aka "the jungle."

What are you doing with a jungle vehicle in the middle of the city,
just to satisfy your gorilla?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/gorilla%20and%20suv/drivn2kill/PowerBlock%20TV/Gorilla_1024.jpg

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 1, 2010, 1:20:50 PM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 8:09 am, Harry K <turnkey4...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 6:19 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:04:13 -0500, "Daniel who wants to know"
>
> > <m...@here.edu> wrote:
> > >"His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle"
> > ><nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > >And hence the vicious cycle. Your neighbor trades in his sedan for an SUV
> > >with a bumper that is 3 feet off the ground which makes you feel unsafe so
> > >you trade in your sedan for an SUV with a bumper that is 3.1 feet off the
> > >ground. The next person gets one that is 3.2 feet off the ground... and on
> > >it goes until everyone has a frigging useless H2 Hummer.
>
> > all of which is none of your business...
>
> > >Note that I have no problems with H1s or true HMMWVs as long as they still
> > >have CTIS and portal geared hubs. My dad was in the national guard motor
> > >pool and apparently you don't want to try to go faster than about 45-50 in a
> > >HMMWV on pavement.
>
> > Do you really believe anyone cares what you do or don't have problems
> > with?
>
> Are you a bit uncomfortable with your decision to buy an SUV? You
> seem awfully defensive.
>
> Harry K

It's called "remorse" or "guilty trip," but they easily dismiss it by
denying Climate Change and arguing EVERYBODY should get one.

Around here there's one that has a TRAIN HORN so everybody knows the
gorilla is around.

No kidding...

http://www.hornblasters.com/

And he uses it for amusement around the alley and everywhere he can
bother people and get the attention of the other monkeys! Actually it
may be more than one but all gorillas look the same to me.

Edward Dolan

Sep 3, 2010, 5:57:23 PM9/3/10

On Sep 1, 12:29 am, Kevan Smith <dr.goode...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Nobody cares --or should even care-- about the jungle out there.
>
> >Those gorillas are really something, ah?
>
> Sorry, I'm not privy to your fantasies..

>> I'm not talking about my erotic fantasies... but the reality of the
world, aka "the jungle."

>> What are you doing with a jungle vehicle in the middle of the city,
just to satisfy your gorilla?

I am fed up with your animal metaphors. How about I liken you to your god
damn fucking monkeys myself? Yea, I think you are really into monkeys. What
is there about them makes you want to fornicate with them? I think the rest
of us would like to know about the depths of your depravity.

And your attacks on Christianity are truly mind boggling. How would an idiot
like you know anything about anything so abstract as religion. You are
strictly a concrete knower, one who knows about monkey asses and penises and
not much else.

If there is a God, let us hope that He will consign you to Hell from whence
you came. Yea, I pray every day that some motorist there in Florida will
take you out of your misery. And the sooner the better!

Fucking Regards,