Re: Why not put an electrical copper wire into the weed whacker?

GHenry

Jul 6, 2010, 2:52:18 PM7/6/10
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:04:17 -0700 (PDT), keith wrote:

> I have the Troy-Bilt 4-cycle trimmer with a leaf blower & edger attachments.
> They work really well.

Mine is a two stroke so it's probably different. But, it's good to know
that the edger actually works "very well". I might consider getting one.

As for leaf blowers, I ended up with the huge backpack two-stroke 180mph
Echo, which does a decent enough job.

I've had a whole series of two-stroke lawn vacuum/blowers (the type that
has that long nozzle and bag) but almost always:
- The blower is anemic
- The vacuum is pretty good
- But the bag zipper always breaks making the vacuum also useless

Maybe I'll open a separate thread on how to get a better outdoor yard work
vacuum for home. :)

GHenry

Jul 6, 2010, 2:54:16 PM7/6/10
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:13:54 -0400, J Burns wrote:
> longer strings wear much faster due to higher tip speeds.

If that's true, it's a trick on me that I added two inches to the 16-inch
string (to make it 18 inches) for the purpose of having the string last
longer ... only to find that it might make the string actually last
shorter! :(

keith

Jul 6, 2010, 3:10:38 PM7/6/10
On Jul 6, 1:52 pm, GHenry <GHenr...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:04:17 -0700 (PDT), keith wrote:
> > I have the Troy-Bilt 4-cycle trimmer with a leaf blower & edger attachments.
> > They work really well.
>
> Mine is a two stroke so it's probably different. But, it's good to know
> that the edger actually works "very well". I might consider getting one.

It does the job on my couple of hundred feet of edging each week,
anyway.

> As for leaf blowers, I ended up with the huge backpack two-stroke 180mph
> Echo, which does a decent enough job.
>
> I've had a whole series of two-stroke lawn vacuum/blowers (the type that
> has that long nozzle and bag) but almost always:
> - The blower is anemic
> - The vacuum is pretty good
> - But the bag zipper always breaks making the vacuum also useless

Let me elaborate, a little. I don't use it to blow leaves; got none
(left them behind in Vermont, with the taxes). I use it to blow the
grass clippings off the street and driveway after I do the edging. It
does a nice job of that, and the bark mulch, red sand, and Mica that
inevitably washes out of our flower beds.