Is Christianity a Constructive or Destructive Force?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 6, 2011, 2:29:54 PM4/6/11
I like to parade here some arguments for Christianity being one or the
other. I myself believe it's an overwhelmingly destructive force, but
I'm only a monkey with common sense...

http://marquetteeducator.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/thinking-monkey1.jpg

Here are some loose arguments:

1- IT OPPOSES SCIENCE in such issues as EVOLUTION & CLIMATE CHANGE,
which in turn determine where we came from and we are headed,

2- They follow a certain command to CONQUER THE EARTH, giving little
thought to "lesser species,"

3- They fail to understand the basic principle of CAUSE & EFFECT, ie.
"my choice of transportation is part of the problem/solution,"

4- They seem to vote for the most "ALPHA MALE LEADERS," ready to
launch one more questionable war, and then ignore the price of it,

5- They are WAITING FOR JESUS, who's coming soon to get them out of
this Hell and leave the rest behind.

I'm getting on my Beach Cruiser now to think about these and other
issues that slow down progress. By the way, riding on sidewalks is not
the answer.

http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 6, 2011, 5:59:52 PM4/6/11
On Apr 6, 3:58 pm, "Jakub A. Krzewicki" <drukpakun...@gmail.org>
wrote:
> środa, 6 kwietnia 2011 20:36. carbon entity 'His Highness the TibetanMonkey,
> the Beach Cruiser Philosopher' <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
> contaminated alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan with the following letter:

> > I like to parade here some arguments for Christianity being one or the
> > other. I myself believe it's an overwhelmingly destructive force, but
> > I'm only a monkey with common sense...
>
> >http://marquetteeducator.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/thinking-monkey1...

> > Here are some loose arguments:
>
> > 1- IT OPPOSES SCIENCE in such issues as EVOLUTION & CLIMATE CHANGE,
> > which in turn determine where we came from and we are headed,
>
> > 2- They follow a certain command to CONQUER THE EARTH, giving little
> > thought to "lesser species,"
>
> > 3- They fail to understand the basic principle of CAUSE & EFFECT, ie.
> > "my choice of transportation is part of the problem/solution,"
>
> > 4- They seem to vote for the most "ALPHA MALE LEADERS," ready to
> > launch one more questionable war, and then ignore the price of it,
>
> > 5- They are WAITING FOR JESUS, who's coming soon to get them out of
> > this Hell and leave the rest behind.
>
> > I'm getting on my Beach Cruiser now to think about these and other
> > issues that slow down progress. By the way, riding on sidewalks is not
> > the answer.

> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE
>
> You wanted to say the _Puritans_ are destructive force --- the Oliver-
> Cromwell, Cotton-Mather, Fred-Phelps-like talibangelic riff-raff, I
> absolutely agree with You for that matter. But there is also Celtic Church,
> Church of the Eastand Liberal Catholic Church, haven't You forgotten about
> them???

I mean the American sects for the most part. They are the most
influential and powerful, ie. Republican Party members.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Apr 6, 2011, 7:00:49 PM4/6/11
On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:59:52 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the

<nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Apr 6, 3:58 pm, "Jakub A. Krzewicki" <drukpakun...@gmail.org>
>wrote:

>> sroda, 6 kwietnia 2011 20:36. carbon entity 'His Highness the TibetanMonkey,

>> the Beach Cruiser Philosopher' <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
>> contaminated alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan with the following letter:
>>

>> > I like to parade here some arguments for Christianity being one or the
>> > other. I myself believe it's an overwhelmingly destructive force, but
>> > I'm only a monkey with common sense...

You are only a monkey with a vary limited scope of knowlege and vision
- like most Monkeys.

>> >http://marquetteeducator.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/thinking-monkey1...
>>
>> > Here are some loose arguments:
>>
>> > 1- IT OPPOSES SCIENCE in such issues as EVOLUTION & CLIMATE CHANGE,
>> > which in turn determine where we came from and we are headed,

Not necessarily true.

>> > 2- They follow a certain command to CONQUER THE EARTH, giving little
>> > thought to "lesser species,"
>>
>> > 3- They fail to understand the basic principle of CAUSE & EFFECT, ie.
>> > "my choice of transportation is part of the problem/solution,"

Absolutely not true of many Christians I know, and also very true of
many non-christians.

>> > 4- They seem to vote for the most "ALPHA MALE LEADERS," ready to
>> > launch one more questionable war, and then ignore the price of it,

Not necessarily true. MANY Christians are non-viollent and totally
opposed to war and violence of any kind.

>> > 5- They are WAITING FOR JESUS, who's coming soon to get them out of
>> > this Hell and leave the rest behind.

>> > I'm getting on my Beach Cruiser now to think about these and other
>> > issues that slow down progress. By the way, riding on sidewalks is not
>> > the answer.
>>
>> > --------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>>
>> >http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE
>>
>> You wanted to say the _Puritans_ are destructive force --- the Oliver-
>> Cromwell, Cotton-Mather, Fred-Phelps-like talibangelic riff-raff, I
>> absolutely agree with You for that matter. But there is also Celtic Church,
>> Church of the Eastand Liberal Catholic Church, haven't You forgotten about
>> them???

And he has also forgotten about all the historic peace churches and
the anabaptists (that is NOT baptists) which have been a positive
influence for peace, respect, and social issues around the world - in
North, Central, and south America, Africa, Asia, and just about
anywhere they are found.

Wherever relief efforts are required (think Haiti, Japan, Indonesia,
New Orleans, etc) you will find MCC and/or MDS involved in a positive
and effective way.

Google "Mennonite Central Committee" and "Mennonite Disaster Service"

>I mean the American sects for the most part. They are the most
>influential and powerful, ie. Republican Party members.

Republican party member does not equal Christian, and Christian does
not equal Republican.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 6, 2011, 9:10:02 PM4/6/11
On Apr 6, 7:25 pm, Mike Jones <l...@dasteem.invalid> wrote:
> Responding to: His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> Philosopher
>

> > I like to parade here some arguments for Christianity being one or the
> > other. I myself believe it's an overwhelmingly destructive force, but
> > I'm only a monkey with common sense...
>
> >http://marquetteeducator.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/thinking-
> monkey1.jpg

> > Here are some loose arguments:
>
> > 1- IT OPPOSES SCIENCE in such issues as EVOLUTION & CLIMATE CHANGE,
> > which in turn determine where we came from and we are headed,
>
> > 2- They follow a certain command to CONQUER THE EARTH, giving little
> > thought to "lesser species,"
>
> > 3- They fail to understand the basic principle of CAUSE & EFFECT, ie.
> > "my choice of transportation is part of the problem/solution,"
>
> > 4- They seem to vote for the most "ALPHA MALE LEADERS," ready to launch
> > one more questionable war, and then ignore the price of it,
>
> > 5- They are WAITING FOR JESUS, who's coming soon to get them out of this
> > Hell and leave the rest behind.

> Of related interest...
>
> Search youtube for "BBC Roman Catholic force for good"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFrS5PMMac

About the new 60 churches in Italy (promised by pervert Berlusconi),
down here they are "doing business" in the best parts of town.

Life can be beautiful in those areas, but may stink in nearby areas.

Apr 7, 2011, 8:21:54 AM4/7/11

<cl...@snyder.on.ca> wrote in message

All organized religion is destructive.

Rod Speed

Apr 7, 2011, 2:59:24 PM4/7/11
h wrote:

> All organized religion is destructive.

Nope. It can be constructive in primitive societys where there is no
other way to proscribe some activity and encourage other activity.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 9, 2011, 9:06:51 AM4/9/11
On Apr 6, 7:00 pm, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 14:59:52 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the
> TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
>
> <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Apr 6, 3:58 pm, "Jakub A. Krzewicki" <drukpakun...@gmail.org>
> >wrote:
> >> sroda, 6 kwietnia 2011 20:36. carbon entity 'His Highness the TibetanMonkey,
> >> the Beach Cruiser Philosopher' <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
> >> contaminated alt.religion.buddhism.tibetan with the following letter:

> You are only a monkey with a vary limited scope of knowlege and vision
> - like most Monkeys.

Isn't that an act of discrimination? Monkeys are the most intelligent
species out there, only that they are dumb when they act like MONKEY
SEE MONKEY DO and organize to worship some "supreme being" they
haven't seen.

> Not necessarily true.

It seems the Catholics admit both, but they offer no solution about
it. Their churches' parking lots are still full of cars.

> Absolutely not true of many Christians I know, and also very true of
> many non-christians.

Oh no, NONCHRISTIANS must admit that shit they put out stays in the
system and that this humble planet can't handle the heat from 7,000
million wasteful monkeys. Christians would probably disagree with the
last statement, though they seem to be #1.

> Not necessarily true. MANY Christians are non-viollent and totally
> opposed to war and violence of any kind.

True, but they are mostly irrelevant in politics. The monkey troop is
run by alpha males and their followers.

> >> You wanted to say the _Puritans_ are destructive force --- the Oliver-
> >> Cromwell, Cotton-Mather, Fred-Phelps-like talibangelic riff-raff, I
> >> absolutely agree with You for that matter. But there is also Celtic Church,
> >> Church of the Eastand Liberal Catholic Church, haven't You forgotten about
> >> them???
>
> And he has also forgotten about all the historic peace churches and
> the anabaptists (that is NOT baptists) which have been a positive
> influence for peace, respect, and social issues around the world - in
> North, Central, and south America, Africa, Asia, and just about
> anywhere they are found.

I'm pretty sure they know we are teasing the dumb monkeys to do moral
actions. Nothing against them.

> Wherever relief efforts are required (think Haiti, Japan, Indonesia,
> New Orleans, etc) you will find MCC and/or MDS involved in a positive
> and effective way.
>
> Google "Mennonite Central Committee" and "Mennonite Disaster Service"

Good, I usually spare my words against followers of Jesus that really
follow Jesus. I even admire Gandhi, even though he was not a
Christian.

> >I mean the American sects for the most part. They are the most
> >influential and powerful, ie. Republican Party members.
>
> Republican party member does not equal Christian, and Christian does
> not equal Republican.

Yes, sometimes the public imagination outside of the troop runs as
fast as the bad reputation:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians
are so unlike your Christ.”

But I'm sure Gandhi was generalizing. ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 10, 2011, 9:59:55 AM4/10/11
On Apr 10, 12:56 am, Vince <vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 4/9/2011 8:42 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
>

> Philosopher wrote:
> > On Apr 9, 7:11 pm, John S<john...@no.spam> wrote:

> >> Are you trying to say that Obama was not speaking truthfully or from the
> >> heart in every one of these comments? He can outright lie just so
> >> people hear what he wants them to hear? Surely, this cannot be true for
> >> the anointed One!
>
> >> Your attempts to demagogue Obama are unbecoming. Surely he is an honest
> >> man and Obama meant every word of "We do what we do because God is with
> >> us."
>
> > Not particularly. Every one of our representatives --except one I
> > hear-- claims to believe in God, and this is highly educated people
> > for the most part who know the way things work in real life.
>
> > That's one of the drawbacks of democracy, but by no means the only one.
>
> One of the biggest drawbacks in democracy is how the president better be
> a church goer. Its just plain stupid

True, his faith should be a private matter when he chooses to say: NO
COMMENT.

But I was also referring to a broader aspect of "drawbacks of
democracy," ie. people don't want to hear the truth, and rather go
"light" on substance. Case in point:

PRESIDENT: "Do you all want the war in Iraq?"

CROWD: "Yes, yes, we want war!"

PRESIDENT: "But it'll take sending your sons and paying for it."

CROWD: They quietly leave the President alone.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 10, 2011, 2:33:41 PM4/10/11
On Apr 10, 11:01 am, John S <john...@no.spam> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
> On 4/10/2011 9:58 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> If you are not spouting more bull, when and where was the speech you
> reference?

That speech never came, and the was the problem. THE COSTS OF THE WAR
WERE HIDDEN FROM THE VOTERS.

What did they do instead? Right, borrow. But the voters still don't
want to hear about it and now want to crucify Obama over waste!

The Christians are funny people, I'm telling you..

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 17, 2011, 9:32:13 AM4/17/11
On Apr 16, 11:05 pm, livvy <mmrward1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Global Warming
>
> > The Earth is warming and human activity is the primary cause. Climate
> > disruptions put our food and water supply at risk, endanger our
> > health, jeopardize our national security, and threaten other basic
> > human needs. Some impacts—such as record high temperatures, melting
> > glaciers, and severe flooding and droughts—are already becoming
> > increasingly common across the country and around the world. So far,
> > our national leaders are failing to act quickly to reduce heat-
> > trapping emissions.
>
> >http://www.ucsusa.org/-Hide quoted text -

> Nice goof try, sad that's all you got. Satire. Not working so well
> for you. Satire is one thing, but you make it your life. I get
> it...but you are heavily into it, it's apprently all you got. That
> would be sad. Nice try, though. The enormity of the time you
> spend on this satire, obviously, no one depends on you for
> anything....I hope not.

That's the only hope we got. The warning above about Global Warming is
the truth and yet you Christians choose to ignore it. Satire is like a
whip to expose the lion for all to see. Yes, organized religion is yet
another lion.

We can name a few different lions:

1- Corporations (Big Oil, Junk Food Industry, Medical Industry)

2- Political (it's all about money and reelection, baby)

3- Religion (the charity industry plus the role it plays in "Family
Values" and other political bullshit)

I think that's too deep for your prehistoric brain, right?

moronsbegone

May 12, 2011, 3:23:27 PM5/12/11
Christianity like all religions IS THEE most destructive disease
of the human mind invented by control freaks for kings to
control peasents and collect taxes from bogus laws and
dehumanizing jail cell populous recrutment.
Oh ya it FEEDS the homophobia of the uneducated insecure
machoist as well. Thank GOD I'm a Christian now I can hate
FAGS!!!