I hope Germany can win this "battle of the bulge"

1 view

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 29, 2010, 9:38:36 PM7/29/10
Yes, Germany is considering, not another invasion, but fighting
obesity by taxing it...

'Marco Wanderwitz, a conservative member of parliament for the German
state of Saxony, said it is unfair and unsustainable for the taxpayer
to carry the entire cost of treating obesity-related illnesses in the
public health system.

"I think that it would be sensible if those who deliberately lead
unhealthy lives would be held financially accountable for that,"
Wanderwitz said,'

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/germany-weighs-tax-on-the-obese/19566425

Well, provided they have the opportunity to "burn the
calories" (hopefully walking or riding bike) they really have no
excuse to keep the struggle with the bulge.

I would give them tax credits for leading healthy lifestyles. I say
that because I'm within a reasonable weight limit, but my "life in the
cage" makes it a high health risk nevertheless. Of course, this is not
by choice, but just an strategy for survival.

Perhaps SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST is the right motto here. ;)

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Live like a monkey or die like a pig"

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 30, 2010, 8:58:34 AM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 12:48 am, "PepsiFr...@teranews.com"
<bobsyoung...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Which, of course, leads to the discussion/argument of how much ANY
> government should control its citizens.
> "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

It does here in America. Congress voted AGAINST suing the junk food
industry for getting children addicted.

You are either on the side of the predator or the prey.

Opus

Jul 30, 2010, 11:21:59 AM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 7:58 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

BZZZT! Foul on the monkey, binary fallacy, ball back in defense's
court.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 30, 2010, 11:46:26 AM7/30/10

powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral." -Paulo
Freire

What's all the fuss about lions and monkeys?

While the Rich and Powerful choose the lion as their symbol of power
and exclusiveness, the common people are left without an identity. And
since the poor rely on COOPERATION and CLEVERNESS to survive, their
perfect symbol would be one that shows those characteristics... the
monkey.