Sending out lots of ' E ' Christmas Cards

1 view

john brook

Dec 23, 2010, 3:26:47 PM12/23/10
Last year at christmas time I tried to send a photo by email to a lot of
people, maybe 80 or so. My way of sending out christmas cards.

I remember some problems because my email program seemed to think that
because I wanted to send a lot, I was spaming and so restricted how many I
could send out at one time.

What would be the best email program to use to send these 'cards': Hotmail,
or Yahoo or GMail?
Or would there be another better way. Thanks for advice.

Michael Black

Dec 23, 2010, 4:19:23 PM12/23/10

It rightfully considers it spam, since you are sending the same thing
to so many people.

Personalize each "card" and the problem will go away.

Michael

Rod Speed

Dec 23, 2010, 4:27:06 PM12/23/10
john brook wrote:

> Last year at christmas time I tried to send a photo by email to a lot
> of people, maybe 80 or so. My way of sending out christmas cards.

> I remember some problems because my email program seemed to think that because I wanted to send a lot, I was spaming
> and so restricted how many I could send out at one time.

> What would be the best email program to use to send these 'cards': Hotmail, or Yahoo or GMail?

I prefer to use a PC based email program like Outlook Express
and an email system like gmail that accepts POP3 email.

Gmail handles spam much better than yahoo does and something
like Xmas cards is sure to end up on some systems that dont have
proper virus checking, so you could well get quite a bit of spam back.

Important to use the BCC field so the everyone cant see your list of who you send cards to.

> Or would there be another better way.

Yes, just put the pic on one of the pic sites and put just a link in the emails.

Or dont bother with Xmas cards at all.

> Thanks for advice.

Even advice to shove your head up a dead bear's arse ? Funky.

Max

Dec 23, 2010, 5:35:04 PM12/23/10

Forget USPS.
Forget E-mail too.
I use ESP and send out thousands at no cost on Christmas Eve.

Desk Rabbit

Dec 24, 2010, 4:41:00 AM12/24/10