Re: Music CD seller referrals requested

Message has been deleted

The Real Bev

Sep 4, 2010, 12:58:35 AM9/4/10
On 09/03/10 08:33, Derald wrote:

> I posted a similar request a few years ago but still need relief.
>
> I am soliciting recommendations and referrals to online or direct mail
> sellers of used, out-of-print, hard-to-find, or rare ("classical") music CDs.
> I am not a dealer or reseller. Quite a number of my music CDs ranging in
> age from 20-25 years have become unplayable due to deterioration of the
> reflective medium. All are major label; most are "first line". I'm having the
> Devil's own time finding replacements. Help.

Check the rec.music.classical hierarchy. There are plenty of
knowledgeable people there, including a guy who turns 4-track
pre-recorded classicals into CDs, which he sells for something like $5
each; the contributor gets his copy free.

You also may be able to download what you want through various torrent
facilities.

--
Cheers, Bev
=====================================

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Annie Woughman

Sep 6, 2010, 12:39:52 AM9/6/10

"Derald" <der...@invalid.net> wrote in message

> I posted a similar request a few years ago but still need relief.
>
> I am soliciting recommendations and referrals to online or direct mail
> sellers of used, out-of-print, hard-to-find, or rare ("classical") music
> CDs.
> I am not a dealer or reseller. Quite a number of my music CDs ranging in
> age from 20-25 years have become unplayable due to deterioration of the
> reflective medium. All are major label; most are "first line". I'm having
> the
> Devil's own time finding replacements. Help.

> --
> TIA,
> Derald
Have you tried your local library? Most libraries have an extensive
collection of classical music. Our library has a lot more of the older CD's
because budget cuts have limited the purchase of newer CD's. You could at
least make a copy of your favorites until you could locate originals.

Message has been deleted

The Real Bev

Sep 6, 2010, 1:50:48 PM9/6/10
On 09/06/10 10:23, Derald wrote:

> "Annie Woughman"<anniew...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Have you tried your local library?

> Regrettably the "local" library that would be likely to have a substantial
> music collection is some 65 miles distant in another county. Even were I willing
> to make the drive on the chance I'd find what I want, I wouldn't be able to
> check it out and I doubt they'd take too kindly to my using their facilities to
> purloin content.

Inter-library loan? The distant library sends it to your nearby
library, where you pick it up? Our library allows you to take out 25
CDs at a time. For free. I'm pretty sure they don't care what you do
with them as long as you return them on time and in the same condition.

http://www.secondspin.com/
http://www.mymusic.com/
http://www.classiccat.net/
http://www.classicalarchives.com/
http://www.gemm.com/
http://www.broinc.com/
http://thepiratebay.org/

--
Cheers, Bev
"I used to be convinced that MicroSquish shipped crap because they