Need To Purchase Minutes For My T-Mobile Phone

1 view

tb

Dec 6, 2010, 3:06:50 PM12/6/10
I have a so-called T-Mobile Pay As You Go account. I will soon have to
add more minutes to it.

So far, I have found that the cheapest online place where I can purchase
minutes is www.pinzoo.com/. I am thinking about purchasing 1,000
minutes for $96.99 but I have never used Pinzoo.com. (I've always
purchased my minutes at brick-and-mortar places like Target or Walmart.)

Questions:
1) Is Pinzoo.com a reputable online web site?
2) Is there a cheaper online site where I can purchase 1,000 minutes
for my T-Mobile account?

PS: I live in the USA

--
tb

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Dec 8, 2010, 12:20:23 AM12/8/10
In article <idjfov$89n$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, tb <nos...@example.com>
wrote:

go to fatwallet.com and search hot deals. I got my last batch of 1000 minutes
for just over $91...if I had waited a week I would have got it for $90.

You can also try ebay, fatwallet had a link to someone selling minutes for
basically about 30% off...but ymmv

The Real Bev

Dec 8, 2010, 11:24:32 PM12/8/10

I didn't work out the math, but is it economical to buy that many
pre-paid minutes vs. what regular post-paid cell service might cost you
for an equivalent amount of time?

--
Cheers, Bev
"We're so far beyond fucked we couldn't even catch a bus

Vic Smith

Dec 9, 2010, 4:28:05 PM12/9/10
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:24:32 -0800, The Real Bev
<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 12/07/10 21:20, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
>
>> In article<idjfov$89n$1...@news.eternal-september.org>, tb<nos...@example.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a so-called T-Mobile Pay As You Go account. I will soon have to
>>> add more minutes to it.
>>>
>>> So far, I have found that the cheapest online place where I can purchase
>>> minutes is www.pinzoo.com/. I am thinking about purchasing 1,000
>>> minutes for $96.99 but I have never used Pinzoo.com. (I've always
>>> purchased my minutes at brick-and-mortar places like Target or Walmart.)
>>>
>>> Questions:
>>> 1) Is Pinzoo.com a reputable online web site?
>>> 2) Is there a cheaper online site where I can purchase 1,000 minutes
>>> for my T-Mobile account?
>>>
>>> PS: I live in the USA
>>
>> go to fatwallet.com and search hot deals. I got my last batch of 1000 minutes
>> for just over $91...if I had waited a week I would have got it for $90.
>>
>> You can also try ebay, fatwallet had a link to someone selling minutes for
>> basically about 30% off...but ymmv
>
>I didn't work out the math, but is it economical to buy that many
>pre-paid minutes vs. what regular post-paid cell service might cost you
>for an equivalent amount of time?

As you said, it all gets down to personal math.
If 200 bucks a year at 10 cents a minute suits your needs, there's no
sense paying more than $16.66 monthly on a contract.
Beside, the contract might have restrictions/costs the pre-paid
doesn't.
For example, what if there's a situation where you have to use many
minutes one particular month?
Just speculating here, I don't know anything about cell phone
contracts.
Coverage is the first thing to consider. A cell phone that can't make
of receive a call is a bad deal.

--Vic

SMS

Dec 10, 2010, 11:31:22 AM12/10/10
On 12/9/2010 1:28 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

> Coverage is the first thing to consider. A cell phone that can't make
> of receive a call is a bad deal.

Strangely enough, a great many people do _not_ consider coverage
terribly important, or they are simply unaware of the significant
coverage differences between carriers.

In my area, T-Mobile has ended their roaming agreement with AT&T, and
vast areas outside the urban core have lost T-Mobile coverage. Virgin
Mobile can be used only on Sprint's native network which is quite
limited, while regular Sprint postpaid can roam onto other CDMA networks
at no extra cost.

When someone asks me about T-Mobile, I give them a few zip codes to
check on the T-Mobile site (and competing carriers) and tell them to
consider whether they are willing to do without service in those areas
or not.

I can understand why someone might sign up with Virgin Mobile (Sprint's
prepaid service) at $25 a month for 300 minutes, unlimited messaging,
and unlimited data. It's a great deal as long as you realize that your
coverage will be extremely limited.

T-Mobile U.S. is a rather strange company. They consistently get high
marks for customer support, but they get low marks for coverage, and
their overall customer satisfaction ratings are only better than bottom
ranked AT&T (which actually has much better coverage). It reminds me of
GM's old Saturn division, which consistently had high ratings for "sales
satisfaction" but had low ratings for reliability.

tb

Dec 10, 2010, 2:17:51 PM12/10/10
On 12/08/2010 10:24 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> I didn't work out the math, but is it economical to buy that many
> pre-paid minutes vs. what regular post-paid cell service might cost you
> for an equivalent amount of time?

In my particular case 1,000 minutes (+15% because of the Gold Rewards
program) is plenty of minutes for the whole year...
--
tb