The Beach Cruiser Philosophy

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 25, 2011, 9:47:21 AM3/25/11
I don't need to tell you that the our roads are the worst place to be.
I'd imagine Hell to be a place for cyclists that must endure endless
traffic along honking horns, noise, rage and insults.

Hey, you don't need to be. You can find a beach somewhere and ride
your beach cruiser for hours on end with nothing but the shining sun
or stars and exchange smiles with friendly riders. I'm not promoting
flirting but that can happen too.

Notice that moving SLOWLY on a beach cruiser gives you the right
balance of COMFORT and RELAXATION. A beautiful unique cruiser is a
must. Only a good philosophy of life, the opposite of "life is a
bitch," can be created under under those idyllic conditions. Yes,
LIFE'S A BEACH, or at least it's in your hands to make it happen.
AVOID HELL AT ALL COSTS!

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
moving” -Albert Einstein

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 26, 2011, 12:36:41 AM3/26/11
Report not abuse
On Mar 25, 5:44 pm, Mike Jones <l...@dasteem.invalid> wrote:
> Responding to: His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> Philosopher

> > I don't need to tell you that the our roads are the worst place to be.
> > I'd imagine Hell to be a place for cyclists that must endure endless
> > traffic along honking horns, noise, rage and insults.
>
> > Hey, you don't need to be. You can find a beach somewhere and ride your
> > beach cruiser for hours on end with nothing but the shining sun or stars
> > and exchange smiles with friendly riders. I'm not promoting flirting but
> > that can happen too.
>
> > Notice that moving SLOWLY on a beach cruiser gives you the right balance
> > of COMFORT and RELAXATION. A beautiful unique cruiser is a must. Only a
> > good philosophy of life, the opposite of "life is a bitch," can be
> > created under under those idyllic conditions. Yes, LIFE'S A BEACH, or at
> > least it's in your hands to make it happen. AVOID HELL AT ALL COSTS!
>
> As Elaine Morgan pointed out, our ancestors were beachcombers.
>
> We've probably got a genetic predisposition to your suggestion.
>
> --
> *=(http://www.churchofreality.org/

And BIPEDAL to boot. Clearly all the evidence we need.

Oh, this definitely proves that God didn't invent the wheel.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 26, 2011, 11:07:06 AM3/26/11
Report not abuse
> I suspect these things come in cycles. %)

I have reasons to believe God hates bicycles because man is
independent from his will and he can pedal himself.

I see this church's parking lot that says: "NO PEDESTRIANS,
MOTORCYCLES OR BICYCLES."

Of course, they charge for admission.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 28, 2011, 9:56:21 AM3/28/11
On Mar 28, 1:28 am, Miles Bader <mi...@gnu.org> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
>
> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Well, it seems the forces of capitalism (waste and corruption) are
> > hard to avoid in Japan too. It's this system that failed to provide
> > infrastructure for bikes and dumped them on pedestrians...
>
> There's certainly a lot of wasteful construction projects in Japan, but
> it's certainly not the case that bicycles are ignored.
>
> Indeed, there's actually a lot of bicycle-specific infrastructure (e.g.,
> bicycle parking), just not the sort you apparently want. They build
> what seems to be needed, not what fits the theories of American bicycle
> advocates...

The case is that American advocates can pick between the Japanese
model, the Dutch model or something else.

Actually I favor something else: TAKE THE LANE FOR SERIOUS BICYCLING,
LET THE CARS WORRY ABOUT YOU. Automatic blame is placed on driver
until proven otherwise. Notice, NO INVESTMENT IN STUPID
INFRASTRUCTURE.

On the other hand slow beach cruisers and folding bikes can be OK on
sidewalks. Haven't the clever Japanese found out that the folding
bikes don't need parking lots. Well, the Dutch haven't found out that
they are the best solution for theft, a big problem in the
Netherlands.