Cyclist punched Shipton Road pedestrian three times in face

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 15, 2010, 2:37:57 AM12/15/10
(The point here, of course, is that bikes and pedestrians do not mix)

On Dec 14, 5:56 pm, Miles Bader <mi...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Random personal anecdotes and musings are not sufficient basis for
> law though.
>
> If the general decision of society is that they'd rather cycle in the
> road, or there's a widespread negative reaction to cyclists on the
> sidewalk, that will become the convention, and maybe even enforced by
> law. But there needs to be a firm justification. Since such things
> clearly depend on culture/custom to some degree as well, it will also
> differ from place to place.

I could go into another long winding arguments, but why don't we let
the "punches" speak for themselves. Mind you, this is civilized
England and "pavement" means --I think-- sidewalk...

Cyclist punched Shipton Road pedestrian three times in face

A YOUTH has been locked up for giving a pedestrian a black eye in a
confrontation sparked by a 12-year-old cyclist riding on the pavement.

The 17-year-old attacker and his younger cousin were both cycling
along Shipton Road, near Rawcliffe Lane, said Bob Moore prosecuting.

“The pedestrian heard a loud noise behind him, jumped and turned
round,” said Mr Moore. “A child on a bicycle who was obviously the 12-
year-old rode past him very closely, but didn’t make contact.”

Then the 17-year-old rode up and said: “Why are you trying to hit a 12-
year-old?” The pedestrian said he wasn’t, but the 17-year-old repeated
his question and punched the man three times in the face before riding
after his cousin into nearby Homestead park.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8709937.Cyclist_punched_man_three_times_in_face/?ref=rss

http://webspawner.com/users/FARTFORPEACE

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 15, 2010, 2:44:26 AM12/15/10
(The point here, of course, is that bikes and pedestrians do not mix)

On Dec 14, 5:56 pm, Miles Bader <mi...@gnu.org> wrote:

> Random personal anecdotes and musings are not sufficient basis for
> law though.
>
> If the general decision of society is that they'd rather cycle in the
> road, or there's a widespread negative reaction to cyclists on the
> sidewalk, that will become the convention, and maybe even enforced by
> law. But there needs to be a firm justification. Since such things
> clearly depend on culture/custom to some degree as well, it will also
> differ from place to place.

I could go into more long winding arguments, but why don't we let the

[...]

(ask me if I give a fart --I do!)

http://webspawner.com/users/FARTFORPEACE

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane prophet of the last days before the end of times

Dec 15, 2010, 2:50:47 AM12/15/10
On Dec 15, 2:44 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the mundane

http://www.zazzle.com/ask_me_if_i_give_a_farti_do_tshirt-235940565124765151