Measure the Voltage of Batteries

VFW

Sep 21, 2010, 4:10:06 PM9/21/10
a cheap Volt-Meter can accurately measure the real voltage of various
small batteries you use around the house.
Like the other day , The remote wouldn't work and out of four batteries
in it. Only one was low. I replaced just the one and saved $$$
Mostly we use rechargeable ones. Tho.
they cost less in the not too long run.
--
Karma, What a concept!

Al

Sep 21, 2010, 4:20:02 PM9/21/10

In some situations like a remote, the rechargeable battery can cost
more to operate. The shelf life on an alkaline battery is years. The
shelf life on the CHARGE of a rechargeable can be as little as 30
days. The draw on the remote is negligible so a set can last for
years. Meanwhile, you may end up changing and charging those nicads
dozens of times plus the inconvenience involved. A good alkaline is
4/$1 at Dollar Tree. I save rechargeables for high intensity
situations like cameras and power equipment.

Yes, a VOM can help diagnose and save money. Even so, common sense is
way better. Using both is priceless.