Yet another preventable death blamed on SUVs?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 17, 2010, 11:22:16 AM9/17/10
Unless you believe in fate or in God killing at random (say to join
his army of angels), you realize that the law of physics (superior
mass) as well as the point of impact (height of the bumpers) make a
killing combination for most mortals. This is no ordinary game or a
rehearsal of the real thing. This is it...

(I quote from the daily news)

Brian Wood spent his life thrilling millions of faceless gamers, but
his last moment was spent saving the lives of those he loved most.

Wood, a 33 year-old lead designer at popular game developer Relic
Entertainment, was on his way back to his Washington home when his
wagon was struck by an oncoming Chevy Blazer being driven by a 21 year-
old woman believed to be driving under the influence. With his
pregnant wife Erin in the passenger seat, Wood swerved his car to put
himself directly in the path of the oncoming SUV -- a decision that
ultimately cost him his life, but protected his wife and unborn child
from harm. Two other passengers riding in the backseat of the Blazer
were also killed.

"All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us
would be dead," Erin Wood told The Province. "At the very last second
(Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in
the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only
thing that saved us both."

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/gamers-lend-support-to-widow-of-heroic-developer/1410899

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Don't give some monkeys overwhelming tools which can kill other
monkeys"

"WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE"

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Forrest Hodge

Sep 17, 2010, 6:06:12 PM9/17/10
On 9/17/2010 11:22 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of

Seems more the fault of the drunk guy behind the wheel than anything else.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 18, 2010, 12:21:27 AM9/18/10
> >http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/gamers-lend-support-to-...

> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "Don't give some monkeys overwhelming tools which can kill other
> > monkeys"
>
> > "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote
>
> Seems more the fault of the drunk guy behind the wheel than anything else.

Not if she had been driving a Smart...

On Sep 17, 4:23 pm, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle"

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote innews:dc473a54-6e7c-4d8a...@z25g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:
>

> > "All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us
> > would be dead," Erin Wood told The Province. "At the very last second
> > (Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in
> > the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only
> > thing that saved us both."
>

> From the dead bodies in the SUV, whos top cannot support the weight of a
> typical SUV loaded with people, I'd say you were no safer in it than the
> wagon.
>
> Compare my Smart's crash tests vs a Mercedes S-class sedan.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdEWLnAQr0
>
> Note the driver's legs weren't crushed and the Trition Safety Cell remains
> intact.
>
> Well, I'm off to dinner in it. I hope I survive....(c;]

The dummies in the bigger cars are a problem for the smart people who
drive small cars.

That's the moral of the story, right?

Edward Dolan

Sep 18, 2010, 4:49:31 AM9/18/10
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Unless you believe in fate or in God killing at random (say to join
> his army of angels), you realize that the law of physics (superior
> mass) as well as the point of impact (height of the bumpers) make a
> killing combination for most mortals. This is no ordinary game or a
> rehearsal of the real thing. This is it...
>
> (I quote from the daily news)
>
> Brian Wood spent his life thrilling millions of faceless gamers, but
> his last moment was spent saving the lives of those he loved most.
>
> Wood, a 33 year-old lead designer at popular game developer Relic
> Entertainment, was on his way back to his Washington home when his
> wagon was struck by an oncoming Chevy Blazer being driven by a 21 year-
> old woman believed to be driving under the influence. With his
> pregnant wife Erin in the passenger seat, Wood swerved his car to put
> himself directly in the path of the oncoming SUV -- a decision that
> ultimately cost him his life, but protected his wife and unborn child
> from harm. Two other passengers riding in the backseat of the Blazer
> were also killed.
>
> "All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us
> would be dead," Erin Wood told The Province. "At the very last second
> (Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in
> the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only
> thing that saved us both."

TM is a poor crazy bastard who just posts on his one favorite subject -
hatred of motor vehicles because they interfere with his use of the roads.
His other favorite subject is attacking Christianity. If you respond to this
poor crazy bastard, then you are a poor crazy bastard too.

He likes to reference monkeys and other wild animals normally found only in
zoos because he is most likely a wild beast himself. I think he fornicates
with monkeys, but I can't prove it.

TM should confine himself to just one thread instead of proliferating them
like a poor crazy bastard. He is insane of course. I liken him to the
village idiot of olden times. The difference these days is that no one any
longer recognizes the village idiot because idiocy has become so widespread.

But I will be here to remind one and all of what a poor crazy bastard TM is.
It is mark of My Greatness that I can still recognize the village idiot even
if the rest of you can't.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 18, 2010, 9:32:55 AM9/18/10
On Sep 17, 10:16 pm, livvy <mmrward1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 17, 8:24 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of

> the Jungle" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Unless you believe in fate or in God killing at random (say to join
> > his army of angels), you realize that the law of physics (superior
> > mass) as well as the point of impact (height of the bumpers) make a
> > killing combination for most mortals. This is no ordinary game or a
> > rehearsal of the real thing. This is it...
>
> > (I quote from the daily news)
>
> > Brian Wood spent his life thrilling millions of faceless gamers, but
> > his last moment was spent saving the lives of those he loved most.
>
> > Wood, a 33 year-old lead designer at popular game developer Relic
> > Entertainment, was on his way back to his Washington home when his
> > wagon was struck by an oncoming Chevy Blazer being driven by a 21 year-
> > old woman believed to be driving under the influence. With his
> > pregnant wife Erin in the passenger seat, Wood swerved his car to put
> > himself directly in the path of the oncoming SUV -- a decision that
> > ultimately cost him his life, but protected his wife and unborn child
> > from harm. Two other passengers riding in the backseat of the Blazer
> > were also killed.
>
> > "All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us
> > would be dead," Erin Wood told The Province. "At the very last second
> > (Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in
> > the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only
> > thing that saved us both."
>
> >http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/gamers-lend-support-to-...

> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "Don't give some monkeys overwhelming tools which can kill other
> > monkeys"
>
> > "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote
>
> The story is out there on the news. Physics....don't talk about such
> things when you are in over your head. A 21 year old woman (just how
> the guys like 'em) driving an SUV, not sure if alcohol was a
> factor. The victim saw the vehicle, and tried to avoid it. Don't
> make it more than it is, a tragic accident. If charges should be
> filed at the driver of the SUV, than they should be.
> Many people have lost loved ones, it happens on a daily basis. And
> hasn't a thing to do with religion. So carry on your anti-God
> thing. It's irrelevant, rage all you want. Won't change
> anything. Be careful out there....

It has a lot to do with Christians campaigning for saving lives in the
womb while lending a deaf ear to those who needlessly die on the road.
An SUV, by definition, is an Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle. Jesus
wouldn't drive one. ;)

Opus

Sep 18, 2010, 11:23:06 AM9/18/10
On Sep 18, 3:49 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>snip<

> TM is a poor crazy bastard who just posts on his one favorite subject -
> hatred of motor vehicles because they interfere with his use of the roads.
> His other favorite subject is attacking Christianity. If you respond to this
> poor crazy bastard, then you are a poor crazy bastard too.

Ed, I have been riding bicycles in the street since LBJ was sworn in,
and I have to say that roads that were perfectly fine to ride on and
share with cars back 40 years ago when there were fewer cars are now
nightmares to ride on, because there are too many cars on them. The
layout of the roads didn't change, cyclists and pedestrians didn't
change, the only thing that changed was the number of cars and the
attitude of the "people" driving them. Even when I ride the relatively
quiet side streets (where they go through, most side streets where I
live are dead ends) I get honked at and harassed by drivers because
"Yer in the street!". Somewhere in the last 40 years the attitude that
bicycles are transportation has vanished from the Anglophone world.
And the number of cars has likewise skyrocketed, so that there just
isn't room in the street for bicycles and pedestrians.

So TM is right, cars (and the attitudes of their operators) ARE THE
PROBLEM.

Forrest Hodge

Sep 18, 2010, 12:28:30 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 12:21 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Sep 17, 3:06 pm, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/17/2010 11:22 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of
>> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of the Jungle"

>> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote innews:dc473a54-6e7c-4d8a...@z25g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:
>>

>>> "All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us
>>> would be dead," Erin Wood told The Province. "At the very last second
>>> (Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in
>>> the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only
>>> thing that saved us both."
>>
>> From the dead bodies in the SUV, whos top cannot support the weight of a
>> typical SUV loaded with people, I'd say you were no safer in it than the
>> wagon.
>>
>> Compare my Smart's crash tests vs a Mercedes S-class sedan.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdEWLnAQr0
>>
>> Note the driver's legs weren't crushed and the Trition Safety Cell remains
>> intact.
>>
>> Well, I'm off to dinner in it. I hope I survive....(c;]
>
> The dummies in the bigger cars are a problem for the smart people who
> drive small cars.
>
> That's the moral of the story, right?

If he were driving sober and he had an H2, this probably would've never
happened. What was the game designer driving? Perhaps if he was in a
Volvo or even a large car or SUV he would've survived. The Smart's
alleged safety isn't as great as it's touted to be. In crash tests it's
hitting a static object. In the real world there's a high chance you'll
hit another, almost certainly larger car/truck, you cannot engineer your
way out of the laws of physics.

totfit

Sep 18, 2010, 1:42:10 PM9/18/10
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:28:30 -0400, Forrest Hodge wrote:

> If he were driving sober and he had an H2, this probably would've never
> happened. What was the game designer driving? Perhaps if he was in a
> Volvo or even a large car or SUV he would've survived. The Smart's
> alleged safety isn't as great as it's touted to be. In crash tests it's
> hitting a static object. In the real world there's a high chance you'll
> hit another, almost certainly larger car/truck, you cannot engineer your
> way out of the laws of physics.

If one is sober they wouldn't have an H2.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 18, 2010, 8:55:29 PM9/18/10

H2 and CELL PHONE seem to go together to create the worst possible
combination out there, yet it's perfectly legal and practiced by la
creme de la creme in our society. For every driver that is drunk or
high, there are 100 killing time on the phone. And it's more dangerous
than DUI as proven by Mythbusters.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 18, 2010, 9:45:24 PM9/18/10

Thanks! The situation appears depressive but let me give two different
paths that perhaps offer a glimmer of hope. Here in Miami Beach 1,000
bikes are being launched onto the streets in a program similar to
Velib. No bike lanes or nothing, just share the road with cars. Let's
call it "SAFETY IN NUMBERS"...

http://decobike.com/deco-bike_program.php

I just visited Orlando and they are inaugurating an extensive Master
Plan with bike facilities, often separated from traffic and connecting
different parks...

http://www.outdoortravels.com/biking_fl_overview_orlando.php

What I believe we need is a NATIONAL MASTER PLAN and a combination of
the two systems above. We need every single road open and safe for
bikes. We also need sometimes the peace of mind of the trails.

Will it happen in our lifetime? Or will we trash the planet before we
have an opportunity to do something simple like riding a bike?

Too many industries to fight: THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY, THE ACCIDENT
INDUSTRY (including lawyers), THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY, ETC, ETC. ;)

Forrest Hodge

Sep 18, 2010, 11:17:29 PM9/18/10
On 9/18/2010 8:55 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Sep 18, 9:28 am, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/18/2010 12:21 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of

Although I share your sentient regarding cell phone usage and driving. I
don't see how it's relevant to the story you posted about the game
designer getting killed by a drunk driver.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 18, 2010, 11:29:08 PM9/18/10

SUV drivers are affected more by their use of the phone than by booze
or drugs. Don't dwell on the role of drugs in this particular accident
when the vehicle is a greater risk by virtue of their sheer size and
reckless drivers.

I'm trying to address the problem the SUVs present to all other
vehicles, including bikes and pedestrians.

Edward Dolan

Sep 19, 2010, 3:38:01 AM9/19/10
"Opus" <opust...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So TM is right. So what?

He has been posting the same old shit over over for at least a year now.
Every day it is a new posting on the same old subject. That is the sort of
thing that destroys small newsgroups. He is a spammer pure and simple. It is
irrelevant whether he is right or not. He is a crashing bore and a
simpleton. And if you take him seriously, then you are too.

You should have posted your above message as an original subject separate
from him if you wanted anyone to read it. Everyone has kill-filed TM because
he is nothing but a g.d. nuisance.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 19, 2010, 10:12:29 AM9/19/10
On Sep 19, 12:38 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Opus" <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Why do you worry about it then. I don't care to read you, why do you
read me?

Opus

Sep 19, 2010, 10:25:11 AM9/19/10
On Sep 19, 2:38 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>snip quoted material<

> So TM is right. So what?
>
> He has been posting the same old shit over over for at least a year now.
> Every day it is a new posting on the same old subject. That is the sort of
> thing that destroys small newsgroups. He is a spammer pure and simple. It is
> irrelevant whether he is right or not. He is a crashing bore and a
> simpleton. And if you take him seriously, then you are too.
>
> You should have posted your above message as an original subject separate
> from him if you wanted anyone to read it. Everyone has kill-filed TM because
> he is nothing but a g.d. nuisance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

I guess you weren't there when they were doing the lessons on teaching
to dummies. Repetition is the key to learning, over and over again
until it sinks in. One could post the same thing about you and your
use of swear words.

I take TM seriously because what he posts jibes with my observations
on my daily rides. I don't agree with his similes about jungles and
bananas, but his direct statements are factual and from my experience
truthful. Note that factual and truthful are not the same thing,
factual means testable in the real world, truthful means a fact that
has tested true under at least one circumstance.

Forrest Hodge

Sep 19, 2010, 12:30:44 PM9/19/10
On 9/18/2010 11:29 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Sep 18, 8:17 pm, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/18/2010 8:55 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of

You know there are also some cars that weigh as much as mid-sized SUV's.
Crown Vics/Grand Marquis , The Dodge Challenger, MB S-Class, Some
Cadillacs, and most pickup trucks as well. Yet you don't seem to be
demonizing them. Why is that?

Edward Dolan

Sep 19, 2010, 9:43:52 PM9/19/10

On Sep 19, 12:38 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

> So TM is right. So what?
>
> He has been posting the same old shit over over for at least a year now.
> Every day it is a new posting on the same old subject. That is the sort of
> thing that destroys small newsgroups. He is a spammer pure and simple. It
> is
> irrelevant whether he is right or not. He is a crashing bore and a
> simpleton. And if you take him seriously, then you are too.
>
> You should have posted your above message as an original subject separate
> from him if you wanted anyone to read it. Everyone has kill-filed TM
> because
> he is nothing but a g.d. nuisance.

>> Why do you worry about it then. I don't care to read you, why do you
read me?

Stop proliferating threads on a single topic and I will not bother you. I
regard you as one dumb son of a bitch who is way too stupid for these
newsgroups. The sooner some motorist puts you out of your misery, the better
for the world.

Fucking Regards,

Edward Dolan

Sep 19, 2010, 9:52:06 PM9/19/10

On Sep 19, 2:38 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>snip quoted material<
> So TM is right. So what?
>
> He has been posting the same old shit over over for at least a year now.
> Every day it is a new posting on the same old subject. That is the sort of
> thing that destroys small newsgroups. He is a spammer pure and simple. It
> is
> irrelevant whether he is right or not. He is a crashing bore and a
> simpleton. And if you take him seriously, then you are too.
>
> You should have posted your above message as an original subject separate
> from him if you wanted anyone to read it. Everyone has kill-filed TM
> because
> he is nothing but a g.d. nuisance.

>> I guess you weren't there when they were doing the lessons on teaching

to dummies. Repetition is the key to learning, over and over again
until it sinks in. One could post the same thing about you and your
use of swear words.

"He has been posting the same old shit over and over for at least a year

now.
Every day it is a new posting on the same old subject. That is the sort of

hing that destroys small newsgroups. He is a spammer pure and simple." - Ed
Dolan

>> I take TM seriously because what he posts jibes with my observations
on my daily rides. I don't agree with his similes about jungles and
bananas, but his direct statements are factual and from my experience
truthful. Note that factual and truthful are not the same thing,
factual means testable in the real world, truthful means a fact that
has tested true under at least one circumstance.

"So TM is right. So what?" - Ed Dolan

It is clear to me that you have not been following the discussions on the
above newsgroups. As a parttime interloper, you have no standing to know
what is going on. I suggest you either get up to speed or get the hell out
of here.

Fucking Regards,

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 19, 2010, 11:38:37 PM9/19/10

Higher bumpers is one reason the SUV is the vehicle of choice of the
Devil. There's no known defenses against that other than another SUV.

Besides the really BIG TOYS weigh twice as much as those cars above.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 19, 2010, 11:40:43 PM9/19/10
On Sep 19, 6:52 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Opus" <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ed, I acknowledge you are the greatest spammer here and since you want
to be remembered by posterity, you leave me alone.

How do you think you'll be remember?

Duane Hebert

Sep 20, 2010, 8:33:11 AM9/20/10
"Opus" <opust...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:246bcbd6-62df-4abe...@l17g2000vbf.googlegroups.com...
<snip>

> live are dead ends) I get honked at and harassed by drivers because
> "Yer in the street!". Somewhere in the last 40 years the attitude that
> bicycles are transportation has vanished from the Anglophone world.

Not just the Anglophone world. Just yesterday I heard, "t'es dans la
rue maudite!" If find that idiocy isn't restricted to race.

Edward Dolan

Sep 20, 2010, 11:42:16 AM9/20/10
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle"
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> Ed, I acknowledge you are the greatest spammer here and since you want
to be remembered by posterity, you leave me alone.

"Stop proliferating threads on a single topic and I will not bother you. I

regard you as one dumb son of a bitch who is way too stupid for these
newsgroups. The sooner some motorist puts you out of your misery, the better

for the world." - Ed Dolan

> How do you think you'll be remember?

No one is ever remembered for long. However, I will remember you as the
Greatest Idiot ever to post to Usenet. Why not just post one original
message per week since you never have anything new to say. Once you have
posted that message, then stay on it for the rest of the week. See if you
can get anyone to respond - or are you even too imbecilic for that!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 21, 2010, 10:32:29 AM9/21/10
On Sep 20, 5:33 am, "Duane Hebert" <s...@flarn.com> wrote:
> "Opus" <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:246bcbd6-62df-4abe...@l17g2000vbf.googlegroups.com...

The Anglophone image of the world is transmitted to the world via
Hollywood and then translated into many languages. The UK seems to be
the rara avis here where they seem to enjoy their own shows. ;)

Well, maybe Bollywood is important to India. ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 21, 2010, 10:35:20 AM9/21/10
On Sep 20, 8:42 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle"<comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Do you think that people will remember "Ed Dolan the Great from
Minnesota" 50 years from now?

The Wise Tibetan Monkey though will be remembered forever. ;)

Not even Jesus is known among the Jews, Muslims or Chinese.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 21, 2010, 10:46:10 AM9/21/10

Opus, your incident touched me a lot, and sometimes I have similar
nightmares. I was spit in my face by an angry driver but that doesn't
compare. I'm not afraid to die though. I'm afraid to be broken up and
then abandoned. To be honest, despite my wisdom, I have a hard time
forgiving or forgetting. That TERRORIST that left you bleeding... I'd
unleash the mighty power we use in Afghanistan to hunt him down. A
drone would be perfect.

Hit-and-runs are a common occurrence here too, almost every cyclist
can account for one, and nobody makes an issue out of it. He --and his
kind-- get my banana for the time being...

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/Giving%20The%20Finger.jpg

Opus

Sep 22, 2010, 10:31:44 AM9/22/10
On Sep 21, 9:46 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
>snip<
TM, don't worry about it, the fact that I survived was a fluke. The
survival rate for an unprotected human hit at that speed is measured
in parts per million, I really should be dead now, but I'm not.
Therefore I have some people to bother yet, to poke and prod into
doing the right thing. I tried being nice but nice don't fly in this
day and age.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 22, 2010, 10:56:16 AM9/22/10

So long as you keep that diary of yours, people will learn from you. I
call it the JUNGLE so they know the law most prevalent out there.

You still keep it? Got the link?