bank account referral

David

Jan 2, 2009, 3:31:14 PM1/2/09
Hi, I would like to know of a good american bank to use with bad or limited
credit history. I have used other check cards but they did not offer checks,
and found it difficult to even up with paypal. I also may have a mark or two
on chex systems that is preventing me from getting a good checking account
anywhere. I also have incurred debt at three loan establishments with
nothing much to show for it. Thanks, I am new hear but have participated
before.

Message has been deleted

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

Jan 2, 2009, 9:36:12 PM1/2/09
Shawn Hirn wrote:

> For information on banks, see http://www.bankrate.com but note that as
> long as you are not applying for a credit line and you have proof of
> your address, any bank should be willing to give you an account.

This is actually not true in the US. There is a bank network reporting
people who frequently bounce/kite/whatever checks, and those people tend
to have a much harder time opening an account.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 3, 2009, 12:31:41 AM1/3/09
On Jan 2, 8:36 pm, Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

<samh...@TRASHsonic.net> wrote:
> Shawn Hirn wrote:
>
> > For information on banks, seehttp://www.bankrate.combut note that as

> > long as you are not applying for a credit line and you have proof of
> > your address, any bank should be willing to give you an account.
>
> This is actually not true in the US.  There is a bank network reporting
> people who frequently bounce/kite/whatever checks, and those people tend
> to have a much harder time opening an account.

What Samantha says is true. 20+ years ago a jerk who was my b/f at
the time also messed up his chance of getting a checking account much
like this David person. Like an idiot I opened an account in both our
names. BIG MISTAKE. He soon started the same sloppy checking
practices as before. I learned my lesson and quickly closed that
account and sent him packing!

Until this David person mans up to his problem and fixes it, he'll
find getting a checking account almost impossible.

George

Jan 3, 2009, 9:45:20 AM1/3/09
Shawn Hirn wrote:
> In article <ypedncK3NvAJ5MPU...@giganews.com>,
> For information on banks, see http://www.bankrate.com but note that as
> long as you are not applying for a credit line and you have proof of
> your address, any bank should be willing to give you an account.

Seems you have never heard of chexsystems that he mentioned. They are
just as rotten as the various credit agencies but just like them they
are gospel for big box banks which are totally mindless. The only chance
he has might be to find a locally locally owned bank that may work with
him if he sits down with them.

George

Jan 3, 2009, 9:48:23 AM1/3/09

Exactly, chexsystems is just as ridiculous as the various credit
reporting agencies. The simplest thing can cause them to ding you and it
is almost impossible to have it removed. My buddies sister is the manger
of the local branch of a big box bank and she said it is written in
stone that they must mindlessly go by whatever chexsystems says.