"Gas prices spike nationwide"

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2017, 12:02:15 AM9/2/17

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2017, 4:15:20 PM9/2/17
Shut the barn door Katie!

Gas spikes $0.30, which means the average car/SUV will cost $12 more to go 500 miles. A mere pittance compared to what people spend on a smart phone or cable TV.

Nyssa

Sep 3, 2017, 9:41:13 AM9/3/17
Well, I'm one people who doesn't have either a smart (or stupid)
cell phone or cable TV.

The increase in gas prices will hurt and probably have to come
out of the grocery budget.

There no doubt are lots of people out there in the same situation.

Nyssa, who is running out of belts to tighten

catalpa

Sep 5, 2017, 8:31:07 PM9/5/17

"Nyssa" <Ny...@flawlesslogic.com> wrote in message
Carpool, bum a ride, take the bus/train, ride a bicycle or walk.

I don't nned to buy gas until the price comes back down.

Nyssa

Sep 7, 2017, 8:12:15 AM9/7/17
Rural area, no bus or train, no bike paths or even sidewalks,
distances too far to be practical for walking or biking plus
no one to carpool with since we all go in different directions.

I did buy gas yesterday. It was 30 cents more per gallon than
the last time I purchased it.

I doubt the prices will come back down anywhere near as quickly
as they shot up. And probably not come down to the old price
either.

Nyssa, who has seen this yoyo pricing many times before

wilm...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2017, 5:14:53 PM9/7/17
Well there you go. The true frugal strategy is to live some place where you are not at the mercy of conditions beyond control.

Take the price of oil. When gas gets too expensive, I have the voice to ride public transportation, or pedal my bike. When gas is cheaper I can drive. If it gets real cheap, I have a little left over to rent a car I've been wanting to try out.

I have a heating oil tank that holds three years worth of heating oil. When it is cheap, $2.12 wholesale on the business channel, I fill up. Much more and I run on reserves. Too high for too long, I heat individual rooms with electricity. Or I could visit relatives.

To me, frugal doesn't mean helpless. It means choices. Maybe that's why people don't live in the boondocks, once there you're stuck there.

civi...@internet.none

Sep 11, 2017, 2:08:34 AM9/11/17
On Wed, 06 Sep 2017 08:00:52 -0400, Nyssa <Ny...@flawlesslogic.com>
wrote:

>>> Well, I'm one people who doesn't have either a smart (or
>>> stupid) cell phone or cable TV.
>>>
>>> The increase in gas prices will hurt and probably have to
>>> come out of the grocery budget.
>>>
>>> There no doubt are lots of people out there in the same
>>> situation.
>>>
>>> Nyssa, who is running out of belts to tighten
>>>

>> Carpool, bum a ride, take the bus/train, ride a bicycle or
>> walk.
>>
>> I don't nned to buy gas until the price comes back down.
>>

>Rural area, no bus or train, no bike paths or even sidewalks,
>distances too far to be practical for walking or biking plus
>no one to carpool with since we all go in different directions.
>
>I did buy gas yesterday. It was 30 cents more per gallon than
>the last time I purchased it.
>
>I doubt the prices will come back down anywhere near as quickly
>as they shot up. And probably not come down to the old price
>either.
>
>Nyssa, who has seen this yoyo pricing many times before

Same here, rural area. I do have a horse to ride though, and probably
will have to ride that horse soon. Now that Irma has devastated Florida,
I predict gas will rise at least another $1 per gallon.

catalpa

Oct 9, 2017, 7:26:03 PM10/9/17

"catalpa" <cat...@entertab.org> wrote in message
Prices are now back down to the $2.27 I paid to fill up and I still have a
quarter tank.

catalpa

Oct 9, 2017, 7:27:19 PM10/9/17