Re: America's ecological 9/11

brad herschel

May 29, 2010, 6:37:43 PM5/29/10
On May 29, 2:37 pm, brad herschel <bradhersc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm calling this America's ecological 9/11     32 minutes ago     This
> disaster could end up being worse than Chernobyl and 9/11 combined.
> Unless they plug that leak within the next month it will turn the Gulf
> of Mexico into a dead zone for the next 100 years.
>
> I don't think Americans realize how devastating this disaster is. The
> time has come to nationalize BP and to investigate the leadership of
> the company and if they are guilty of negligence they should be handed
> Madoff-like jail sentences.
>
> Keep BP alive until every cent required to recify the damage has been
> taken from it's hide.
>
> brad

FYI

a real cheapskate

May 29, 2010, 11:15:11 PM5/29/10

BP is the massey energy of oil.....

BOTH companies had far higher than other accident and citation rates
than other companies.

BP near 800 major deficency citations Exxon mobile ONE sunocy 8.

BP like massey just paid the fines as a cost of doing business.

EASY SOLUTION:)

when any company gets higher than industry average fines / citations.

Fines double then triple then quadruple.

so comanies cant afford to be poor safety operators.

The other issue BP is on the hook to pay all clean up costs.

But what of the colateral damage all the fishermen, resturants bars
amusement parks hotels that depend on tourism to survive.

None of these people did anything wrong but will lkely go out of
business, unable to pay bills.

now the oil is collecting in the gulf, what happens when a hurricane
comes along and spreads the oil around florida and up the east coast

I believe this leak will push our economy not just back into recession
but depression.

imagine wiping out tourism and so much more in not only the gulf and
florida but all the way up the east coast:(

BP isnt big enough to cover the colateral damage they will go
bankrupt.

Rod Speed

May 30, 2010, 12:45:48 AM5/30/10
a real cheapskate wrote
> brad herschel <bradhersc...@gmail.com> wrote
>> brad herschel <bradhersc...@gmail.com> wrote

>> I'm calling this America's ecological 9/11 ? ? 32 minutes ago ? ?

>> This disaster could end up being worse than Chernobyl and 9/11
>> combined. Unless they plug that leak within the next month it will
>> turn the Gulf of Mexico into a dead zone for the next 100 years.

>> I don't think Americans realize how devastating this disaster is.
>> The time has come to nationalize BP and to investigate the
>> leadership of the company and if they are guilty of negligence they
>> should be handed Madoff-like jail sentences.

>> Keep BP alive until every cent required to recify
>> the damage has been taken from it's hide.

> BP is the massey energy of oil.....

> BOTH companies had far higher than other
> accident and citation rates than other companies.

In the case of BP, thats mostly because they do more
exploration in the Gulf etc than other companys too.

> BP near 800 major deficency citations Exxon mobile ONE sunocy 8.

See above.

> BP like massey just paid the fines as a cost of doing business.

> EASY SOLUTION:)

> when any company gets higher than industry average fines / citations.

> Fines double then triple then quadruple.

> so comanies cant afford to be poor safety operators.

They also couldnt afford to dominate exploration either.

> The other issue BP is on the hook to pay all clean up costs.

> But what of the colateral damage all the fishermen, resturants
> bars amusement parks hotels that depend on tourism to survive.

Thats compensated by the massive cash flow thru the recovery and cleanup operations.

> None of these people did anything wrong but will
> lkely go out of business, unable to pay bills.

I bet that doesnt happen much except to those involved in the fishing industry.

And I bet that effect doesnt last long, just like it didnt with the Exxon Valdiz either.

> now the oil is collecting in the gulf, what happens when a hurricane
> comes along and spreads the oil around florida and up the east coast

Nothing much. Once the well is capped, and that will happen
sometime, once it gets onto the beaches, it doesnt move
from there without human intervention, even with a hurricane.

> I believe this leak will push our economy not just back into recession but depression.

Bet it doesnt. In fact all the resources in the cleanup operation could
well provide a lot more employment than the fishing industry did.

> imagine wiping out tourism and so much more in not only
> the gulf and florida but all the way up the east coast:(

That wont happen, just like it didnt with the Exxon Valdiz either.

And it cant spread all the way up the east coast either.

> BP isnt big enough to cover the colateral damage they will go bankrupt.

Depends on their insurance. It may well be one hell of a problem for the insurance industry.

and Sniff

May 30, 2010, 7:15:26 AM5/30/10
On Sat, 29 May 2010 20:15:11 -0700 (PDT), a real cheapskate <hal...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On May 29, 6:37?pm, brad herschel <bradhersc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 29, 2:37?pm, brad herschel <bradhersc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm calling this America's ecological 9/11 ? ? 32 minutes ago ? ? This

Probably not. They did a good job of padding the pockets of all politicians who
are involved with energy decisions. Especially those to whom they now must
answer. Care to guess the outcome of an investigation done by those who received
massive lobby money?

Expect the outcome to be much like the Exxon Valdez incident. A whole lot of PR
about how much they care, a little cleanup and then a complete walk away from
the incident, leaving those affected to deal with it. They are probably already
printing the checks and contracts for fisherman, who will take the present value
of money vs. the loss of their careers. Sad.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 8, 2010, 1:16:21 PM6/8/10

But first, I'd like to see the CEO tied to the whipping post and given
a taste of the lash.

A few weeks ago, I was musing on how satisfying it would be to
round up every BP employee whose annual compensation exceeds
some cushy number ($200,000? $500,000?) and build a pillory
in every town in America to accommodate those employees. I'd
be happy to throw something smelly at them.

Cindy Hamilton

Yer Pal Al

Jun 8, 2010, 1:49:57 PM6/8/10
On Jun 8, 10:16 am, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

How about we round them up and put them in conctration camps and we
put eco-friendly people in their places at work?

Rod Speed

Jun 8, 2010, 2:18:56 PM6/8/10

Might as well have him hung, drawn and quartered and all his relatives and children as well.

Or blown away from the guns. Thats supposed to be very
effective at getting the other employees into line. Used
extensively in India by the British, particularly during the
Mutiny so it would work well with BP since they invented it.

> A few weeks ago, I was musing on how satisfying it would be to
> round up every BP employee whose annual compensation exceeds
> some cushy number ($200,000? $500,000?) and build a pillory
> in every town in America to accommodate those employees.
> I'd be happy to throw something smelly at them.

They presumably feel the same way about 'people' like you.

Sweet Sue

Jun 8, 2010, 4:01:01 PM6/8/10

BP's long history of destroying the world:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/08/bps-long-history-of-destr_n_604511.html

my prediction: BP will may nothing, zilch, nada. Haliburten's new
aquisition, Boots & Coots will be in charge and we the people will pay
Haliburten for the cleanup. Seem far-fetched ? Remember, behind every
great fortune lies a crime.

http://www.blogster.com/joannemor/bombshell-expose-the-real-reason-the-oil-still-flows-into-the-gulf-of-mexico

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10722752/halliburton-buys-boots-coots.html

Sweet Sue

Jun 8, 2010, 4:07:07 PM6/8/10

Big oil shills on gulf coast demand drilling resume. Not missing a
beat, big oil's waterboys and watergirls in government say that the
show simply must go on:
http://chattahbox.com/us/2010/06/03/la-gov-jindal-demands-obama-resume-gulf-oil-drilling/

Hey, Bobby: what about SAFETY ? what about cleaning up before
resuming ? does that even matter?

Aztlán@overyerdeadbody.communist

Jun 9, 2010, 6:16:22 AM6/9/10

This would be an even better option for the POTUS, who tells us he was
"on top of things since Day One."

>A few weeks ago, I was musing on how satisfying it would be to
>round up every BP employee whose annual compensation exceeds
>some cushy number ($200,000? $500,000?) and build a pillory
>in every town in America to accommodate those employees. I'd
>be happy to throw something smelly at them.

There's already enough ecological devastation; keep your underwear to
yourself.

The Real Bev

Jun 9, 2010, 12:05:03 PM6/9/10
On 06/09/10 03:16, Aztl�n...@overyerdeadbody.communist wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:16:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>>But first, I'd like to see the CEO tied to the whipping post and given
>>a taste of the lash.
>
> This would be an even better option for the POTUS, who tells us he was
> "on top of things since Day One."

Oil floats on water. Obama floats on oil. There's gotta be a joke in there
somewhere. "Because he's a duck" doesn't seem to cover the situation, although
"Because he's made of wood" might be closer. "Proof that he's a lightweight"?

>>A few weeks ago, I was musing on how satisfying it would be to
>>round up every BP employee whose annual compensation exceeds
>>some cushy number ($200,000? $500,000?) and build a pillory
>>in every town in America to accommodate those employees. I'd
>>be happy to throw something smelly at them.

And let's not forget those civil servants (our employees) who cheerfully
granted exceptions to various regulations supposedly in place to make the
process safe, or at least safer.

It wouldn't be satisfying at all. The BP execs were just doing their jobs --
maximizing profits. I wouldn't mind seeing the civil servants' heads on pikes,
though. There should be severe penalties for dereliction of duty rather than a
guaranteed high-dollar job with the company|ies| they were supposedly regulating.

--
Cheers, Bev
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Fugtive sockpuppet

Jun 9, 2010, 7:55:40 PM6/9/10
In article <eaqu06p2cg50e359d...@4ax.com>,
Aztlán...@overyerdeadbody.communist wrote:

When Marxists get mad they wear their underwear on their heads and break
a lot of stuff.

Fugtive sockpuppet

Jun 9, 2010, 7:59:37 PM6/9/10
In article <huoe3d$vof$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/09/10 03:16, Aztlán...@overyerdeadbody.communist wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:16:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> >>But first, I'd like to see the CEO tied to the whipping post and given
> >>a taste of the lash.
> >
> > This would be an even better option for the POTUS, who tells us he was
> > "on top of things since Day One."
>
> Oil floats on water. Obama floats on oil. There's gotta be a joke in there
> somewhere.

No, but there is certainly a tragedy waiting to happen.

Were obama to walk on Gulf waters, his Obama shoes might get drenched in
oil. He'd end up on the shore, with a fat woman scrubbing him down with
Dawn Dish Soap while he pukes up oily water, and maybe some small fish.

Now THAT wouldn't look good on CNN.

The Real Bev

Jun 9, 2010, 9:12:32 PM6/9/10
On 06/09/10 16:59, Fugtive sockpuppet wrote:

> In article<huoe3d$vof$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> The Real Bev<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > This would be an even better option for the POTUS, who tells us he was
>> > "on top of things since Day One."
>>
>> Oil floats on water. Obama floats on oil. There's gotta be a joke in there
>> somewhere.
>
> No, but there is certainly a tragedy waiting to happen.
>
> Were obama to walk on Gulf waters, his Obama shoes might get drenched in
> oil. He'd end up on the shore, with a fat woman scrubbing him down with
> Dawn Dish Soap while he pukes up oily water, and maybe some small fish.
>
> Now THAT wouldn't look good on CNN.

Sure it would. I might even pay to see it if I couldn't watch it on line!

--
Cheers, Bev
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Fugtive sockpuppet

Jun 9, 2010, 10:46:01 PM6/9/10
In article <hupe5r$4b1$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,

The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/09/10 16:59, Fugtive sockpuppet wrote:
>
> > In article<huoe3d$vof$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> > The Real Bev<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Oil floats on water. Obama floats on oil. There's gotta be a joke in
> >> there
> >> somewhere.
> >
> > No, but there is certainly a tragedy waiting to happen.
> >
> > Were obama to walk on Gulf waters, his Obama shoes might get drenched in
> > oil. He'd end up on the shore, with a fat woman scrubbing him down with
> > Dawn Dish Soap while he pukes up oily water, and maybe some small fish.
> >
> > Now THAT wouldn't look good on CNN.
>
> Sure it would. I might even pay to see it if I couldn't watch it on line!

You would pay to see Dear Leader mocked?

That's sedition.

The Real Bev

Jun 9, 2010, 10:54:32 PM6/9/10

Hell, no. That happens multiple times a day and it's free. It's the other
stuff that seems interesting.

> That's sedition.

Not yet, but I guess I should check back next week...

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't force it, use a bigger hammer!"

Fugtive sockpuppet

Jun 9, 2010, 11:12:32 PM6/9/10
In article <hupk55$puv$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/09/10 19:46, Fugtive sockpuppet wrote:
> > The Real Bev<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Sure it would. I might even pay to see it if I couldn't watch it on
> >> line!
> >
> > You would pay to see Dear Leader mocked?
>
> Hell, no. That happens multiple times a day and it's free.

And you watch it? Do tell.

> It's the other
> stuff that seems interesting.
>
> > That's sedition.
>
> Not yet, but I guess I should check back next week...

Well, at this point I think it's fair to assume that it will be your
lawyer, not you, who will be checking back next week, gathering evidence
that you were just joking.

I don't think you were, you seemed too eager to mock Leader, you exhibit
signs of insurgency.