Frugal dentists?

1 view

VFW

Feb 19, 2010, 11:07:55 AM2/19/10
I have had three experiences with 3 dentists that have made me come to
the conclusion that there is a lot of incompetence in the art.
And there is the possibility that they are in a profession that exposes
them to Mercury often.
and mercury might have addled their brains.
So, one might choose a mercury free dentist or;;;;
Hire two dentists , one to give you a second opinion and vice versa.
I'm sure letting them know that you're getting a second opinion or a
review of completed treatment might cause them to clean up their act.
All, I know is if I had this method down years ago, I wouldn't have so
many root canals, from shoddy work.
--
Hint; Enjoy the moment !

Al

Feb 19, 2010, 5:04:11 PM2/19/10

Better to find a competent dentist to begin with than pay twice every
time and still have no assurance of the ability of the dentist until
after the fact. I have never had shoddy work, but I knew other
customers before I went to the given dentist. Two years ago I saved
$600 by pulling my own tooth, but that's not for everybody either. My
next visit will be to the local dental school outlet.

spendwize.com

Feb 22, 2010, 4:39:00 PM2/22/10
Shoddy work isn't necessarily the reason for root canals. once you get a
filling in a tooth, the tooth is not "immune" from decay. Depending on how
clean you keep your mouth, decay can still come in sooner or later- the
fact is that that tooth has been weakened by decay once already and given
time the area around the filling expands &/or contracts, making it
vulnerable to more decay. If you think finding the right dentist will
eliminate your need for further dental work once you have a tooth filled,
you don't really need a dentist- you need some other professional help!
xxxxo
VFW wrote:

Delivered via http://www.spendwize.com http://www.spendwize.com/groups/
Consumer News and Discussions Platform of the Net
misc.consumers.frugal-living - 39460 messages and counting!