Make Your own Thanksgiving Decorations - Frugal

gjensen

Nov 3, 2014, 7:24:50 PM11/3/14

terrable

Nov 7, 2014, 6:37:35 PM11/7/14

"gjensen" <gje...@familiesonlinemagazine.com> wrote in message
news:dc2a99dc-77df-475d...@googlegroups.com...
People decorate for Thanksgiving?

The time would be better spent making a custard pie.

John Doe

Nov 7, 2014, 7:08:18 PM11/7/14
Apparently some people believe that "frugal" means "anal-retentive".

Coincidently, according to Merriam-Webster...
anal-retentive:
exhibiting or typifying personality traits (as frugality and obstinacy)
held to be psychological consequences of toilet training

--
"terrable" <terrable terrable.net> wrote in news:%Ic7w.67808$W25.49756 fx02.iad:

> From: "terrable" <terrable terrable.net>
> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: Re: Make Your own Thanksgiving Decorations - Frugal
> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 18:36:24 -0500
>

> "gjensen" <gjensen familiesonlinemagazine.com> wrote in message
> news:dc2a99dc-77df-475d-af48-4ccd3c7355f7 googlegroups.com...

terrable

Nov 7, 2014, 8:22:45 PM11/7/14

"John Doe" <alway...@message.header> wrote in message
> Apparently some people believe that "frugal" means "anal-retentive".
>
> Coincidently, according to Merriam-Webster...
> anal-retentive:
> exhibiting or typifying personality traits (as frugality and obstinacy)
> held to be psychological consequences of toilet training

Thanks for pointing that out.

I have never thought of associating "frugal" with "anal-retentive".

If anything frugal people get rid of crap because it takes up valuable
space.

Michael Black

Nov 10, 2014, 11:12:54 AM11/10/14
I thought someone would complain that it was too early for talk of
Thanksgiving.

I think people decorate, but more the table rather than put up scray
spiders and such on the front lawn. Of course, perhaps they start to put
up the Christmas lights (if they took them down last year), get them up
before the snow comes, even if they wait to turn them on.

I was shocked, nobody posted their annual warning about the clock change,
where they warn that some clocks don't like being turned backwards, "it's
not frugal because it can damage the clockwork" which may be true, but who
has fancy old clocks around that will be damaged?

And the time for frugal candy has disappeared, they seemed to clear out
the Halloween stuff the day after Halloween. But, maybe now is the time
to get Christmas decorations, it seems like they never get cheaper the
closer you get to Christmas, until it's too late to be useful this year.
I know I've been thinking about getting some LED Christmas lights, and I
wait and the prices never drop. But right now they are on sale.

Michael

CanopyCo

Feb 6, 2015, 9:24:33 AM2/6/15
Ya, ok, it's a old post.
But I just got here.
;-)

I decorate my freezer with all that cheep ham.
Otherwise I wouldn't even know it was thanks giving day.
;-)

Christmas is a little different, back when I had kids around.
One has to get something for them or they feel left out when they go back to school.
Otherwise my opinion of it is that it is just a scam to get you to buy stuff that no one will want or use.
A complete waste of money, or at best a buying of needed things at a time when they are not needed.

Halloween is another one that I participate in, if I am living in town.
I enjoy scaring the crap out of people, and a couple of kit kats is a cheap payment for the fun.
;-)