Anyone have a source for reasonable-cost vac-seal bags?

freeisbest

Feb 26, 2010, 2:52:07 PM2/26/10
Even the Evil Empire (Mall-Wart) wants around a dollar per bag,
and more than that for smaller packages. Is there a reasonable-priced
source?
The vac process works fine. Last summer's home grown paste
tomatoes taste totally fresh. All I did was wash, cut them in half,
scrape out the seeds, freeze them on cookie sheets and then vacuum
pack in gallon bags. The tomatoes smell and taste as if they were
just picked, 6 months later.
TIA if you can help.

turtlelover

Feb 26, 2010, 4:02:59 PM2/26/10

I've bought from an Ebay seller before, and I plan to do so again.

http://stores.ebay.com/thesweetattackvacpak

I bought a set(?) of 50 each pint, quart and gallon bags. You can check the physical measurements at their store site. I remember doing the math quickly, and it averaged out to: pint bags were about 20� ea., the quarts were 30�, and the gallons were 40�.

No matter which size bags you buy, they're much more frugal than FoodSaver bags.

No relation to the seller; just a happy customer.

Good luck,