a frugal Veterinarian ?

VFW

Aug 24, 2010, 9:17:19 AM8/24/10
I would call first and see how much they charge for a Rabies shot.
We checked around. the shot itself costs the Vet. about $1.65
A "Shot Clinic" charges about $11 for a cat. Others charged $22,
appointment necessary. And one wanted $50 .
Now, guess who really cares about making pet care affordable and guess
who is just plain greedy. Assuming other charges reflect their
philosophy .
--
Money! What a concept.

Millhaven

Aug 24, 2010, 12:42:35 PM8/24/10

Business have a lot of overhead.

And I don't know why many poor people insist on keeping pets, they are
expensive.

Al

Aug 24, 2010, 6:04:41 PM8/24/10

I guess the $50 place does not cater to the mobile home crowd. They
keep their price high enough to discourage the masses. They seek to
end up with a higher class of client and pet. It's not their mission
to make pet care affordable to you.

George

Aug 24, 2010, 6:11:58 PM8/24/10

Talk about jumping to conclusions and bashing folks. In my area the doc
who is behind the clinic and offers his time for free to them also has a
normal practice where he charges to cover his education, expenses and to
feed himself and his family...

tmclone

Aug 24, 2010, 6:34:55 PM8/24/10
On Aug 24, 6:11 pm, George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > Now, guess who really cares about making pet care affordable and guess
> > who is just plain greedy.  Assuming other charges reflect their
> > philosophy .
>
> Talk about jumping to conclusions and bashing folks. In my area the doc
> who is behind the clinic and offers his time for free to them also has a
> normal practice where he charges to cover his education, expenses and to
> feed himself and his family...

The OP is a clueless idiot who has obviously never owned a business.
Does he really think that the vet shouldn't charge for his time? Or
price services based on overhead? When I take my cats in for a yearly
checkup, the cost is about $100 each, and includes 2-3 shots (rabies
is every three years). Any bloodwork or other tests cost extra.
Doesn't seem even remotely "greedy" to me at all. And why the hell
should pet care be "affordable"? If you can't afford to provide your
pet's basic needs, you shouldn't be a pet owner.

Charmin

Aug 25, 2010, 9:31:21 AM8/25/10

But to his credit, he does provide amusing posts from trying to
achieve a reverse mortgage on a beat up mobile home to looking for a
free towing scam on a junk VW up the street.

tmclone

Aug 27, 2010, 11:37:06 PM8/27/10
On Aug 25, 9:31 am, Charmin <char...@mailinator.com> wrote:

> But to his credit, he does provide amusing posts from trying to
> achieve a reverse mortgage on a beat up mobile home to looking for a

> free towing scam on a junk VW up the street.- Hide quoted text -

No...he needs to DIE, and right now. Working on it...