Nov 2011 before a Lipitor generic??!!

m...@privacy.net

Sep 27, 2010, 12:49:14 PM9/27/10
Is it still going to be THAT long before there is a
Lipitor generic on the market?

Mrs Irish Mike

Sep 28, 2010, 10:53:00 AM9/28/10
On Sep 27, 9:49 am, m...@privacy.net wrote:
> Is it still going to be THAT long before there is a
> Lipitor generic on the market?

Excercise, fruits and veggies. Much cheaper and less side effects.

m...@privacy.net

Sep 28, 2010, 11:53:22 AM9/28/10
Mrs Irish Mike <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Excercise, fruits and veggies. Much cheaper and less side effects.

You do know that genetics plays a big factor in high
cholesterol and some people have to take such drugs
even if athletes?

Mrs Irish Mike

Sep 28, 2010, 3:09:27 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 8:53 am, m...@privacy.net wrote:

Have to? Who says you have to?

Quoting:

In 2004, Pfizer’s blockbuster drug Lipitor became the first
prescription drug to make more than $10 billion in annual sales. Over
twenty-six million Americans have taken Lipitor, the most popular
statin drug. Pfizer is now running full-page Lipitor ads in numerous
papers, including The New York Times and USA Today. The ads feature
Dr. Robert Jarvik, inventor of the artificial heart. The ad reads: In
patients with multiple risk factors for heart disease, LIPITOR REDUCES
RISK OF HEART ATTACK BY 36%.* The noteworthy part of this ad is the
asterisk and this explanation of the 36 percent statistic: "That
means, in a large clinical study, 3% of patients taking a sugar pill
or placebo had a heart attack compared to 2% of patients taking
Lipitor."

Another Jarvik/Lipitor Times ad proclaims: "In patients with type 2
diabetes, LIPITOR REDUCES RISK OF STROKE BY 48%.* If you also have at
least one other risk factor for heart disease...." The explanation:
"That means, in a large clinical study, 2.8% of patients taking a
sugar pill or placebo had a stroke compared to 1.5% of patients taking
Lipitor."

Twenty-six billion dollars a year for a one to two percent decreased
risk for heart attack and stroke—that’s what all the fuss is about? It
almost seems like snake oil. Yet, some doctors are recommending we put
statins in the drinking water. Others are now suggesting that infants
with a family history of heart disease should take statins as a
preventative measure...

http://www.haydeninstitute.com/Additional-Resources-Medication-and-Side-Effects/Pfizer-Ads-Come-Clean-about-Lipitor

Message has been deleted