Re: Bank of American Online Banking

Message has been deleted

Bob F

Jan 31, 2011, 9:29:16 PM1/31/11
atdabank wrote:
> Am considering online banking with BofA.
>
> Anyone share their problems/experiences with them?
>
> Are they any good? Reliable? Will be using overseas also, but
> supposedly there is a branch in the countries I am headed.

I haven't had any problems.

AngryOldWhiteGuy

Feb 1, 2011, 4:09:22 PM2/1/11
Me neither - flawless.

"Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Rebel1

Apr 10, 2011, 12:31:29 PM4/10/11
atdabank wrote:
> Am considering online banking with BofA.
>
> Anyone share their problems/experiences with them?
>
> Are they any good? Reliable? Will be using overseas also, but supposedly
> there is a branch in the countries I am headed.

A better question is, Why deal with those SOBs at all? They see no
problem with forcing homeowners in foreclosure even when they haven't
complied with paperwork requirements. They, along with the rest of the
big bankers, with their outrageous charges, are despicable, greedy
bastards. Deal locally.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110404/bs_yblog_thelookout/the-foreclosure-mess-isnt-going-away?source=patrick.net
Also, here's a great place to get a real education on real estate.

patrick.net

The Real Bev

Apr 10, 2011, 1:55:47 PM4/10/11
On 04/10/11 09:31, Rebel1 wrote:

> atdabank wrote:
>> Am considering online banking with BofA.
>>
>> Anyone share their problems/experiences with them?
>>
>> Are they any good? Reliable? Will be using overseas also, but supposedly
>> there is a branch in the countries I am headed.

I've used them (they're the closest bank) since they bought Security
Pacific (same building) sometime in the 70s, maybe 80s. Checking only.
No problems. I once needed a significant amount of cash in a hurry,
and they cashed the Washington Mutual check for me -- WaMu didn't have
enough cash on hand. I closed my WaMu accounts at the next opportunity,
and the assholes didn't even bother to ask why the angry lady was
closing her accounts.

Only problem is their ATMs. it used to be easy: put a mess of checks
in an envelope, log in, tell the machine the total you were depositing,
insert the envelope, take your receipt and card and walk away. Now you
have to feed in each check by hand, checking OK after every operation.
Sometimes it can't read the amount on a check and asks you to feed it in
by hand. If you don't remember which one that was the whole transaction
is canceled and you have to start over. It takes at least 10x time to
make a deposit even with only a few checks. God forbid I had to deposit
10 or 20 like I used to. And going inside is just as bad -- they have
to check everything and add it up.

No idea if other banks' ATMs suck as badly, that's the only one I use.

To BofA's credit they're never actually lost any of my money.

> A better question is, Why deal with those SOBs at all? They see no
> problem with forcing homeowners in foreclosure even when they haven't
> complied with paperwork requirements. They, along with the rest of the
> big bankers, with their outrageous charges, are despicable, greedy
> bastards. Deal locally.

Why do you think that ANY bank will be less likely to screw you than any
other bank?

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person

Bob F

Jul 13, 2011, 12:49:39 PM7/13/11
The Real Bev wrote:
> Only problem is their ATMs. it used to be easy: put a mess of checks
> in an envelope, log in, tell the machine the total you were
> depositing, insert the envelope, take your receipt and card and walk
> away. Now you have to feed in each check by hand, checking OK after
> every operation.

Some of their new machines let you feed in multiple checks at once.

The Real Bev

Jul 13, 2011, 1:23:40 PM7/13/11

Interesting. I assume that, responding to customer complaints, they dug
some of the old ones out of the cellar...

We used to have a lot of checks to deposit. If BofA had been the only
bank with the one-at-a-time current system I would have changed banks
immediately.

--
Cheers, Bev
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens